Chapter 55 Rehearsals

*March 1980*

(Y/N)  is  rehearsing  for her  upcoming  performance  at  the  A&M  lunch.  Andy  is  here  to  support  her.   

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  is  rehearsal  for  the  A&M  performance.  I'm  sort  of  nervous  because  we  are  only  doing  6  songs  (which  are  all  from  my  upcoming  album).  This  will  be  the  first  time  performing  them  in  front  of  an  audience.

I  dragged  Andy  to  rehearsal  to  give  me  some peace of  mind.   I  know  I  had  plenty  of  practice  with  Karen  and  Richard,  but  I'm  by  myself.

"Ok  (Y/N)  go  ahead  and  start  with  the  first  song  on  the  set,"  Paulita  the  music  director  stated.

The  first  song  on  the  set  list  was  "Wind  of  Change,"  my  first  single.

I  started  singing,  as  usual,  Andy  is  my  biggest  cheerleader  clapping.

We  run  through  all  the  songs  smoothly  but  now  have  to  see  what  2  outfits  I  will  wear  for  the  peformance.  Herb  said  this  A&M  lunch  performance  was  to  give  publicity  for  anticipation   around  my  album. 

"Alright  what  do  you  guys  think  of  this  outfit?"  I  asked  stepping  out  in  a  blue  velvet  jumpsuit  and  platform  sneakers.

"You  look  stunning  darling!  Are  you  sure  you  won't  get  hot  wearing  that?"  Andy  asked  me.

"Ooh good  point.  Ok  this  outfit  is  a  no,"  I  said  walking  back  to  the  dressing  area.

I  put  on  a  yellow  floral  dress  and  leave  the  platform  sneakers  on.

"Alrighty. Wait  where  did  everyone  go?" I  said  stepping  back  out  on  stage.  

Andy  was  the  only  one  there.

"They  all  headed  out  for  a  break  darling,"  Andy  said  laughing.

"Oh  haha  well  I  guess I'm  doing  a  private  fashion  show  for  you.  What  do  you  think  about  this  outfit?"  I  asked  Andy  while  I  gave  a  spin.

"This  is  actually  cute  darling.   Yellow  makes  you  look  so  happy,"  Andy  said  smiling.

"This  is  a  keeper  then!"  I  said  heading  back  to  the  dressing  area  again.

I  pulled  out  two  more  outfits  that  I  brought  with  me.  

The  next  outfit  I  put  on  is  light  blue  wash  overalls,  teal  blue  floral  off  the  sleeve  shirt  and  a  pair  of  Converse.

"How  about  this  one?"  I  asked  Andy  sticking  my  hands  into  the  overall  pockets.

"Farmer  (Y/N)?"  Andy  asked  laughing.

"Not  very  funny  love,"  I  said  laughing.

"You  look  cute  darling,"  Andy  said  looking  me  up  and  down.

I  immediately  blushed  and  headed  back  to  change.

Just  about   this  time,  Karen  headed  in  to  check  out  how  we  were  doing.  Her  and  Rich  were  in  the  studio  doing  play  back  of  her  solo  album.

"Hi  (Y/N)!  How's  it  going?"  Karen  asked  outside  the  dressing  room  door.

"Oh  hi  KC!  I'm  good!  I'll  be  out  in  a   few,"  I  said  in  a  loud  voice.

"I'm  going  to  go  mess  around  on  the  drums  if  you  don't mind,"  Karen  said  trailing  towards  the  rehearsal  space.

I  finished  getting  dressed  back  into  my  regular  clothes  and  headed  to  the  rehersal  space.

I  jumped  back  in  surprise  as  Karen  and  Andy  had  set  up  a  banner  saying  "Congrats  on  1  million  copies  sold!"  on  my  single.

"What  are  you  guys  kidding  me?"  I  said  running  up  the  stage.

"Congrats  darling.  You   deserve  this  success  so much,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  face.

"I'm  so  proud  of  you  (Y/N!)"  Karen exclaimed. 

I  was  so  overwhelmed.  The  next  thing  I  knew,  I  was  waking  up  with  my  head  in  Andy's  lap.

"What  what  happened?"  I  tried  sitting  up,  dizzer  then  usual.

"Darling  you  fainted.  Are  you  ok? "  Andy  asked  concerned.

"Yeah  I'm  fine  I  think?"  I  said  rubbing  my  head.

Karen  was  on  the  phone  with  911,  I   assume.  She  told  them  I  was  waking  up  but  the  EMT  were  going  to  come  check  me  out.

They  shortly  arrived  and  it  turns  out  my  blood  sugar  was  at  73.

"When  was  the  last  time  you  ate  or  drank  anything  ma'am?  the  taller  EMT  asked  me.

"Uh,  this  morning  around  6am?"  I  said  stuttering.

"Ma'am  you  need  a  better  regime.  Just  a  food  for  thought  always  keep  hydrated.  Someone  of  your  age  needs  to  keep  up  their  water  intake  ande  food  source. "  he  told  me.

"Darling  you  need  to  take  care   of  yourself  instead  of   overworking  yourself,"  Andy  told   me.

"I  know  love  I  just  wasn't  thinking  today,"  I  told  Andy.

"Other  then  that,  Miss.  (Y/N)  is  fine and  just  needs  to  get  hydratyed  and  her  sugar  up,"  the  EMT  told  me.

"Thank  you  so  much,"  I  told  them.

Karen  handed  me  a  bottle  of  water  and  a  fruit  cup.

"Let's  get  your  sugar  back  up,"  Karen   said  with  a  smile.

"I  can't  lose  you  (Y/N),  please  be  more  careful.  I  was  scared  half  to  death,"  Andy  whispered  in  my  ear.

"I'm  sorry  love,"  I  told  him  while  I  shoveled  the  fruit  cup  down.

"You  need  to  be  your  number  one  priority,  not  your  career  or  even  me.  I'll  always   have  the  money  to  take  care  of  you,"  Andy  said  playing  with  my  hair. 

"I  know  love.  Thank  you  for  caring  about  me,"  I  said  drinking  some  water.

"You  are  my  darling,  my   baby  and  I  will  take  care  of  your  forever,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  forehead.

One  things  for  certain,  this  will  be  an  everlasting  love.