Chapter 165 Strike A Match

*June  1983*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  are  asked  to  be  on  a  special  edition  of  Match  Game

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Life  has  slowed  down  for  me  quite  a  bit  for  a  while.  Herb  wants  me  to  come  to  the  studio  next  week  to  start  working  on  some  new  singles  for  summer  and  fall.  Andy  is  working  on  another  album  but  him  and  the  record  label  are  undecided.

My  record  sales  have  been  pretty  steady.  It's  crazy  what  this  life  is  capable  of.  Never  in  my  wildest  dreams  did  I  think  I  would  be  selling  records  and  performing.

Today,  I  was  chilling  at  home  with  Sam  while  Andy  did  some  errands.  It's  kind  of  nice  being  on  a  break   because  from  October  1980  till  1982  I  was  on  a  nonstop  streak.  It  does  get  tiring  and  if  you  don't  get  a  break,  you  burn  out.

The  phone  rang  while  I  was  cleaning  the  kitchen.

"Hello?"  I  spoke  into  the  phone.

"Hi  is  this  (Y/N)  (L/N)?"  a  familiar  voice  spoke.

"Yes  this  is  she,  who  is  calling  may  I  ask?"  I  replied.

"I  don't  know  if  you'll  believe  me  but's  its  me  Brett  Sommers,"  Brett  spoke  over  the  phone.

I  was  kind  of  taken  back.  Why  would  Brett  Sommers  be  calling  me?

"Oh  hi  Brett!  What  is  this  call  in  reference  to?"  I  asked.

"Well  CBS  was  looking  for  some  fresh  familiar  faces  for  a  Match  Game  special  and  because  I  had  been  to  one  of  your  concerts  a  few  months  ago,  I  thought  about  you  and  Andy.   They  are  wanting  3  couples  to  play,"  Brett  explained.

I  thought  to  myself,  Brett  Sommers  wants  me  on  Match  Game  again?  She  was  so  sweet  when  I  was  on  there  4  years  ago.

"That  sounds   fun  Brett!  I  would  be  so  down  and  Andy  would  too.  When  and  where  do  we  need  to  be?"  I  asked  her.

"Well  they  are  going  to  film  it  in  two  weeks  for  a  5  day  game.  I'll  have  them  send  you  information  since  you  said  yes,"  Brett  replied.

"Ok  awesome  Brett!  Thank  you  so  much  for  thinking  of  me  for  this!"  I  replied  happily.

"Of  course  honey!  Take  care  and  I'll  see  you  soon,"  Brett  replied.

"You  too!"  I  said  hanging  up.

Just  about  this  time,  Andy  came  through  the  front  door.

"Hi  love,"  I  said  smirking.

"Uh  oh,  what  did  you  do  now?"  Andy  replied  laughing.

"Nothing  I  just  have  something  to  tell  you,"  I  told  him.

"What?"  Andy  asked  confused.

"In  two  weeks,  I  hope  you  are  free  because  CBS  wants  us  to  be  special  guests  on  Match  Game!"  I  told  him. 

"What  really?"  Andy  asked  as  he  walked  to  the  kitchen  with  grocery  bags.

"Yes  Brett  Sommers  actually  called  me  and  asked  if  we'd  like  to  be  one  of  three  couples  for  a  special  edition  of  Match  Game,"  I  explained  to  Andy.

"What  was  the  context  of  the  call?"  Andy  asked  from  the  fridge.

"It  was  really  random  but  I  guess  CBS  is  looking  for  upcoming,  fresh  couples  in  Hollywood  and  Brett  had  us  in  mind  cause  she  had  gone  to  my  concert  during  this last  tour  and  had  us  in  mind,"  I  explained  to  Andy.

"That's  exciting  darling!  When  do  we  get  to   start  filming?"  Andy  asked.

"In  two  weeks.  I  think  they  are  still  looking  for  another  couple  to  fill  the  spots,"  I  told  Andy.

"Will  our  agents  get  the  information?"  Andy  asked  from  the  cupboard.

"Brett  said  she'd  send  the  information  to  our  agents,"  I  confirmed  with  Andy.

"Wow  we  are  really  making  it  now  huh  darling?"  Andy  replied  while  he  wrapped  his  arms  around  me.

"Were  on  top  of  the  world!"  I  told  him  smirking.

"Have  we  only  just  begun?"  Andy  replied  chuckling.

"Perhaps  everyone  wants  to  just  get  close  to  you,"  I  replied  giggling.

"You  and  your  puns  darling,"  Andy  said  laughing.

"I'm  just  meeeeeeeee,"  I  sang.

We  were  both  so  stoked  to  be  able  to  be  on  Match  Game  together.