Chapter 107 Sick Days

*5  days  before  Christmas  1981*

Andy  and  (Y/N)  get  sick.

(Y/N)'s POV: 

Late  last  night,  me  and  Andy  weren't  feeling  too  hot.  By  this  morning,  we  both  woke  up  with  fevers.  I  don't  think  since  I've  been  in  this  world  either  me  or  Andy  have  caught  colds.

"Darling  are  you  ok?"  Andy  asked  me  from  the  kitchen  doorway.

I  got  up  and  made  some  tea  with  ginger  and  honey  for  us.

"I'm  fine  love.  I'm  just  trying  to  help  our  throats,"  I  said,  with  a  horrible  nasal  in  my  voice.

"Go  sit  down  darling,"  Andy  tried  prying  me  away  from  the  stove.

"No  love  it's  ok,"  I  told  him  fixing  his  blanket  for  him.

"I'm  going  to  cuddle  you  while  you  pour  the  tea  then,"  Andy  said  with  a  rough  voice.

"Andy  you  are being   dramatic,"  I  said  laughing.

"No  I  am  not.  I  just  caught  a  cold,"  Andy  said  sniffling.

"And  I  didn't?"  I  said  turning  around  to  face  him.

"We  are  both  sicky's,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  face.

"Is  someone  needing  extra  cuddles?"  I  asked  in  between  pouring  the  cups  of  tea.

"I'm  freezing  darling  and  you  are  the  only  thing  to  make  me  feel  better,"  Andy  told  me  grabbing  his  cup  of  tea.

"Well  let's  go  back  upstairs,  take  a  shower,  and  get  comfy,"  I  told  him.

"Ok  darling,"  Andy  said  trailing  behind  me  up  the  stairs.

I  headed  to  the  shower  to  try  and  relax   my  muscles  and  nasal  passages.

I  was  washing  my  body  when  I  heard  a  knock  on  the  door.

"Darling  are  you  almost  done?"  Andy  asked.

He  sounded  like  a  lost  puppy.

"Yes  I  am  can  you  hold  on  love?"  I  asked  politely.

"I  can  try,"  Andy  said  closing  the  door  and  going  back  to  the  bed.

I  quickly  rinsed  off  and  got  out.  I  got  dressed  as  fast  as  I  could  and  put  my  hair  into  2  braids.

"Oh  there  you  are  darling,"  Andy  said  inbetween  a  coughing  fit.

I  just  then  had  a  brilliant  idea.

"Love  I'm  going  to  run  to  Walgreens  for  some  stuff.  I'll  be  back,"  I  told  him  giving  him  a  kiss.

"No  don't  go,"  Andy  said  shuffling  across  the  floor.

"Sam  will  be  here  to  babysit  you,"  I  said  giving  him  a  kiss  and quickly  heading  out  the  door.

This  is  when  2021  came  in  handy.  In  order  for  us   to  feel  better  and  stop  spreading  germs,  I'm  going  to  see  if  they  have  medical  masks  for  public  use.  

I  quickly  ran  into  Walgreens  and  went  to  the  cold  and  flu  aisle.

"Bingo!" I   said  a  bit  excited.

They  had  the  facemasks,  cough  drops,  cough  medicine,  etc.

I  got  what  I  thought  me  and  Andy  would  need  and  headed  back  home.

When  I  got  home,  I  popped  on  a  facemask  and  went  to  find  Andy.

He  was  in  the  kitchen warming  up  his  tea.

"Thank  goodness  your  back  darling,"  Andy  said  sipping  some  tea.

"Here  put  this  on,"  I  told  him.

"What  is  this?"  Andy  said  looking  at  it.

"It's  a  face  mask  love.  It'll  help  us  from  spreading  germs  back  and  forth,"  I  told  him.

"No  kisses?"  Andy  asked  with  puppy  eyes.

"No  kisses  till  we  get  better,"  I  told  him.

"How  am  I  going  to  feel  better  without  your  kisses,"  he  told  me.

"We  can  still  hug  and  cuddle,"  I  told  him.

"I'm  going  to  die  without  your  kisses,"  Andy  said  all  dramatically.

"No  you  aren't  love,"  I  told  him  fixing  the  facemask  ear  pieces.

"I  sound  like an  astronaut,"  Andy  said  making  weird  voices.

When  he  was  sick,  Andy  was  more  of  a  child  at  heart.

"We can  even   decorate  our  facemasks  too  love,"  I  told  him.

"We  aren't  going  nowhere  for  the  next  3  days,"  Andy  told  me  dragging  me  onto  the  bed.

"That's  perfectly  fine  with  me  love,"  I  told  him.

"But  I  still  can't  kiss  you,"  Andy  said.

"You'll  survive  darling,"  I  said  in an accent.

"Are  you  mimicking  me?"  Andy  asked  laughing.

"Maybe,"  I  said  winking.

"Then  you'll  be  stuck  here  cuddling  me  for  punishment,"  Andy  said  wrapping  his  arms  around  my  waist.

We  napped  and  cuddled  all  day  and  tried  to  get  over  the  sickness  the  Christmas  fairies  gave  us.