Chapter 149 I'm Leaving On a Jetplane

*January  1983*

(Y/N)  guest  stars  on  Good  Morning  America.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

My  agent  over  winter  break  got  me  a  interview  on  Good  Morning  America. I  was  honestly  in  shock.

Me  and  Andy  of  course  flew  to  New  York  bright  and  early.  We  had  a  snow  delay  between  Dallas  and  Rochester.  We  decided  that  it  would  be  easier  if  I  just  flew  in  for  the  show.

I  dressed  nicely  and  did  my  hair  and  makeup  perfect. 

"What  time  are  you  supposed  to  be  interviewed?"  Andy  asked  me  as  we  got  into  the  cab  to  drive  to  GMA.

"They  told  me  8:30  am  but  to  be  there  at  7:45  a.m,"  I  told  him  with  a  yawn.

"Oh  we  will  get  there  in  plenty  of  time.  It's  only  6:15  now,"  Andy  said  with  a  stretch.

We  took  a  red  eye  so  we  are  going  to  be  exhausted  this  afternoon  after  the  show  and  after  lunch.

Shortly,  we  arrived  at  the  GMA  building.  I  always  dreamed  of  being  on  GMA.  Being  back  in  New  York  brings  back  memories  of  when  I  spent  most  of  1979  here  with  Karen.

I  checked  in  with  Andy  and  they  took  me  back  to  a  dressing  room.  We  had  all  our  luggage  with  us  so  we  knew  it  would  be  safe  back  here.

"Alrighty  Miss.  (Y/N)  (L/N)  we  will  bring  you  on  in  10!"  a  producer  told  me.

I  looked  at  the  clock  and  it  was  8:20  already.

"You  are  gonna  do  great  darling,"  Andy  said  encouragingly.

"Thanks  love  you  are  the  best,"  I  told  him  smiling.

"If  you  get  nervous,   just  think  of  me,"  Andy  said  smiling.

"Haha  I  will  love,"  I  told  him  giving  him  a  hug.

"Alrighty  we  need  you  on  set,"  the  producer  came  and  got  me.

They  had  me  sit  on  the  couch  across  from  David  Hartman  and  the  camera  was  focused  on  him.

"Next,  we  have  a  guest  that  we  never  have  had  the  pleasure  of  talking  to.  She's  associated  with  Karen  Carpenter  and  Andy  Gibb.  Will  you  please  welcome  (Y/N)  (L/N),"  David  Hartman  announced.

The  camera  turned  to  me  and  I  began  speaking.

"It's  so  nice  to  be  here  David,"  I  said  smiling.

"We've  never  had  the  pleasure  of  interviewing  you.  So  first  off,  you  are  in  the  music  business,"  David  started.

"Yes.  I've  been  in  it  for  well  about  5  years.  The  Carpenters  actually  gave  me  my  first  start.  Herb  Alpert  saw  my  potential  and  offered  me  a  record  deal  and  well,  now  here  we  are,"  I  said  with   a  laugh.

"That's  incredible.  You  also  are someone's everything  if  we  remember  correctly?"  David  said  laughing.

"Haha  yep  I  am  married  to  Andy  Gibb.  We've  been  together  for  5  years  and  in  the  fall,  we  will  be  celebrating  3  years  of  marriage,"  I  said  proudly.

"You  guys  are  an  everlasting  love!"  David  said  blunt.

"That's  what  everyone  says  to  us.  It's  funny  because  how  me  and  Andy  met  was  when  I  was  walking  down  Hollywood  Blvd,  he  was  walking  towards  my  direction  and  I  literally  fell  into  him,"  I  said  with  a  bit   of  shock.

"Wow  that's  crazy!  Your  luck  that  day  was  a  destination,"  David  said  looking  down  at  a  paper  in  his  hands.

"Yes  for  sure,"  I  said   smiling.

"Now  going  back  to  your  music  career,  you  just  released  your  second  studio  album  at  the  end  of  last  year.  What's  the  hardest  part  of  coming  up  with  material?"  David  asked  me. 

"The  hardest  part  is  narrowing  it  down  to  songs  to  actual  include  on  the  album  and  coming  up  with  arrangments.  I've  been  lucky  with  both  my  albums  having  Karen  and  Richard  Carpenter  working  with  me.  They  are  some  of  the  best  people  in  the  business  next  to  Andy's  brothers  the  Bee  Gees,"  I  told  David.

"Speaking  of  the  Bee  Gees,  what's  it  like  to  have  them  as  in-laws?"  David  said  smiling.

"Well  um.....  its  actually  wonderful.  They  all  welcomed  me  with  open  arms  and  they  are  all  warm  and  loving,"  I  told  David  with  a  half  smile.

"Well  we  want  to  thank  you  (Y/N)  for  coming  on  the  show.  Now  for  those  who  haven't,  go  out  and  buy  (Y/N)'s  latest  album  Sunflowers  and  Lace,"  David  said  holding  up  the  vinyl  cover.

"Thank  you  for  having  me  David  it's  been  a  pleasure,"  I  told  him  reaching  my  hand  out  to  shake  his.

David  shakes  my  hand.

"We'll  back  after  this  break,"  David  spoke  towards  the  camera.

The  producer  escorted  me  off  the  stage  and  I  went  to  my  dressing  room. 

Andy  had  a  cup  of  coffee  ready  for  me.

"You  did  great  darling!"  Andy  said  embracing  me  in  a  hug.

"Thank  you  are  the  best  love!"  I  said  giving  him  a  kiss.

"Enjoy  this  cup  of  coffee  while  we  wait  to  be  dismissed,"  Andy  said  stealing  a  kiss  from  me.

It's  nice  to  be  back  in  old  stomping  grounds.