Chapter 167 Reeling in the Years

*late  June  1983*

(Y/N)   and  Andy  finished  filming  Match  Game  and  head  home  for  a  few  days.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

We  finished  filming   Match  Game  yesterday.  Me  and  Andy  had  a  blast.  The  questions  were  relatively  easy  and  at  least  twice,  the  champions  asked  to  match  with  me.  Yes,  they  did  win  by  me  choosing  the  correct  fill  in  the  blank  answer.

Today  we  decided  to  enjoy  a  day  out  in  San  Diego  since  the  weather  is  nice.  Andy  needed  to  buy  some  guitar  picks  and  strings  and  I  love  shopping  in  general.

First,  we  stopped  in  at  the  guitar  shop  Andy  loves  going  to.

Andy  went  straight  to  the  guitar  section  while  I  headed  to  the  percussion/drum  area.

I  knew  a  little  bit  of  drumming  cause  of  Karen  but  I  never  really  went  through  with  learning  it.

I  picked  up  some  drumsticks  and  percussion  pads  so  I  could  begin  practicing.

I  also  saw   a  silver  glitter  drum  set  and  I  gravitated  towards   it.

"Darling  whatcha  looking  at?"  Andy  said  coming  up  behind  me.

"Just  looking at  a  drum  set,"  I  said distracted. 

"You  should  get  it  darling  if  you  want  to.  I  know  you  always  wanted  to  play  drums,"  Andy  said   from  behind  me.

"It's  not  a  bad  investment?"  I  replied.

"Not  at  all   darling.  I'm  sure  Karen  would  also  give  you  some  drum  lessons,"  Andy  replied  putting  a  hand   on  one  of  my  shoulders.

"It's  only  299.00.  That's  actually  not  bad,"  I  replied  mumbled.

"We  can  have  them  deliver  it,"  Andy  replied  to  me.

I  went  and  found  a  salesperson  to   talk  about  purchasing  it.

"Of  course!  We  can  do  that  for  you,"  the  salesperson  replied.

We  went  and  paid  for  the  rest  of  our  items  and  the  drum  kit  would  be  delivered  by  2  today.

"Congrats, darling!  I'm  so  excited  for  you,"  Andy  said  as  we  walked  to  the  car.

"I  am  so  excited  too  love.  I  always  wanted  to  play  drums  and  now  after  all  this  time,  I  made  an  investment,"  I  said  smiling  ear  to  ear.

"You  can  even  incorporate  it  to  your  shows  now  too  just  to  add  something,"  Andy  replied  as  he   opened  the  door  for  me. 

As  long  as  I've  been  in  this  era,  how  did  I  never  get  myself  a  drum  kit?

"It's  12:30  now  darling  do  we  want  to  drive  home?"  Andy  asked  me.

"Yes  cause  it'll  take  about  90  minutes  to  get  home  as  long  as  traffic  isn't  bad,"  I   replied  rolling  down  my  window.

Andy  pulled  onto  the  freeway  and  we  made  our  way  home.  I  couldn't  wait  to  figure  out  where  to  put  the  drum kit.

"Do  you  think  Karen  will  be  excited?"  Andy  asked  me  as  he  grabbed  my  hand.

"I'm  sure  she  will  be  love.  I  think  I'll  set  the  drum  kit  up  in  the  den  once  it  gets  to  the  house,"  I  replied  smiling.

"I'm  so  excited  for  you.  I  don't  know  why  it  took  you  so  long  to  get  a  kit  anyways  haha,"  Andy  said  laughing.

"I  know  love  but  hey  better  late  then  never,"  I  said   as  Andy  put  his  turn  signal  on.

"You'll  be  a  great   drummer  darling,"  Andy  said  giving  my  hand  a  kiss.

Here's  to  a  new  adventure!