Chapter 44 Party All Night Long

*late  1979*

(Y/N)  and  Andy's  engagement  party!

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  we  are  having  a get-together  to  celebrate  mine  and  Andy's  engagement.  We  haven't  been  able  to  get  everybody  in  one  place  till  this  week.  We  are  having dinner  at  mine  and  Andy's  favorite  place  to  eat,  Hillstreet  Blue  (where  we  had  our  first  date).

His  brothers  and  Linda  flew  in  as  well  as  Barbara  and  Hugh.   Everyone  keeps  asking  me about  my  family  but  I'm  trying  to  keep  a  hushed  mouth  about  the  truth.  I  keep  giving  them  upsetting  looks  when  they  ask   where  my  mom  and  dad  are,  etc.  Of  course  Karen,  Richard,  and  Olivia  are  also  going  to  be  there.  

"How  do  I  look  love?"  I  said  stepping  in  front  of  the  staircase  in  my  white  long  sleeve  maxi  dress.

"You  look  stunning  darling.  Like  a  snow  princess,"   Andy  responded  from  the  bottom  of  the  stairs.  He  was  already  dressed  in  his  blue  button  down  shirt,  black  jeans  and   Nike  shoes. 

"Thanks  love.  I'm   ready  to  go  if  you  are,"  I  said  meeting  him  at  the  bottom  of  the  stairs.

Andy  grabbed  my  arm  and  we  headed  to  our  party.

We  arrived  a  short  time  later  and  several  of  them  were  already  there.

Maurice  and  Robin  were   acting  like  kids  with  each  other  trying  to  do  cartwheels  in  front  of  the  restaurant.  Barry  and  Linda  were  shaking  there  heads  in  disbelief.  Karen  and  Richard  pulled  in  right  behind  us  ironically.

"Hi  loves!'  I  greeted  everyone  with  Andy  holding  my  hand.

"Congratulations  again!"  Linda  greeted  me.

"The  baby  Gibb  is  no  longer  a  baby!"  Barry  chimed  in.  

"Yeah  yeah  you  guys  can  have  your  jives,"  Andy  said  laughing.

"Oh  with  all  your  jive  talking,  eh?"  Karen  pitched  in.

I  started  laughing.  All  these  puns   were  too  much  to  handle.

"Me  and  Rich  brought  this  for  you  guys.  You  can  open  it  later,"  Karen  said  handing  me  a  white  gift  bag.

"Aw  thank  you  KC  and  Rich.  You  guys  didn't  have  to,"  I  told  her  while  giving  her  a  hug.

"Anything  for  my  best  friend,"  Karen  responded.

Olivia  just  about  this  time  showed  up  so  we  were  able  to  head  in  to  our  table  reservation.

We  all  prayed  to  god  no  papparzzi  or  fans  would  interrupt.  We  are  human  too.

We  settle  in  and   start  enjoying  our  evening.

"I  have  a  speech  to  make,"  Barry  said  clinking  his  glass.

We  all  draw  our  attention  to  him.  We  weren't  sure  what   he  had  up  his  sleeve.

"Andy,  (Y/N),  I  first  want  to  again  congratulate  you  both  on  your  engagement.   You  guys  together  are  a  dream  team.  We  are  so  proud  of  both  of   you.  Each  of  your  accomplishments   and  together  serve  as  a  model.   Here's  to  your  bright  future.  To  Andy  and  (Y/N),"  Barry  hoists  his  glass  in  the  air.  

"To  Andy  and  (Y/N),"  everyone  else  joins  in.  

We  stand  up  together  and  I  start  to  speak.

"Thank  you  everyone  for  coming  out  to  celebrate  us,"  I  spoke.

"Yes,  thank  you  everyone  for  coming  out.  We  appreciate  every  single  one  of  you,"  Andy  adds. 

We  then  sat  back  down  as  our  meals  had  arrived.  

"Now,  when  are  we  getting  grandchildren?"  Barbara  adds  with  a  laugh.

"Maurice,  Barry  and  Robin  keep  mum  happy  and  make  some  more.  We  aren't  at  that  step  yet,"  Andy  smirked  in  his  brothers  direction.

Hugh  was   sitting   next  to  me  and  he  leaned  over  and  whispered,  "Thank  you  for  saving  my  son  and  making  him  so  happy."

I  smiled  and  whispered  back,  " Everything  I  do  is  because  I  love  him  so  much.  You  and  Barbara  raised  a  fine  young  man."

Hugh  smiled  in  my  direction  and  we  all  focused  on  our  meals.  

After  we   finished  our  meals,  everyone   urged  us  to   open  our  gifts.

"Open  mine  first  from  me  and  Rich,"  Karen  said.

"Oh  this  is  beautiful  Karen  and  Rich,"  I  said  pulling  our  a  silver-lined  photo  album.

"Oh  look  it  has   wedding  bell  lined  paper,"  Andy  said  flipping  through  it.

"Thank  you  so   much  to  the  both  of  you,"   I  told  Karen  and  Rich.

Barbara  and  Hugh  had  handed  us  a  card  before  we  entered  the  building.  Andy  pulled  it  out  of  his  coat  pocket  to  open.  

Inside  was  a  gift  certificate  to  Steak  and  Ale.  

"We  hope  you  enjoy  a  meal  on  us,"  Barbara  told  us.

"Thank  you  mum  and  dad,"  Andy  said  getting  up  and  side  hugging  Hugh  and  kissing  his  mom's  cheek.

"Thank  you.  The  card  is  beautiful,"  I  told  them.

We  also  opened  a  gift  from  Barry  and  Linda.

"There  robes  that  say  bride  and  groom.  You  can  use  them  now  or  on  the  wedding  day,"  Linda  spoke.

"Oooh  they  are  so  fluffy,"  I  said  with  a  giggle.

"Thank  you  guys  so  much.  They  are  really  fluffy,"  Andy   laughed.

The  evening  started  to  settle   down  after  we  contiuned  to  open  gifts.

All  food  out,  the  celebration  was  over  and  now  we  said  our  goodbyes  till  the  New  Year.