Chapter 102 Back in Town

*December 1981*

(Y/N)  is  on  the  Merv  Griffin  Show  to  promote  her  newest  single.  

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  I  am  in  the   studio  recording  a  Merv  Griffin  show.  I  recorded  my  newest  single  "White  Lace"  when  we  got  back  from  Florida  and  Tennesse.  I  still  can't  shake  the  fact  me  and  Andy  saw  the  younger  version  of  himself  with  a  young  Barry,  Mo  and  Robin.  I  don't  know  if  time  is  catching  up  with  me. We  are   waiting  for  the  photos  to  come  back  from  the  lab. 

I  decided  to  wear  a  bright  pink  blouse,  black  jeans,  bright  pink  heels  for  the  show.  Andy  was  going  to  be  on  the  side  stage  watching.

"Ladies  and  gentleman  my  next  guest  is  someone  who  was  young  when  she  got  started  in  the  business.  She  can  sing  country  or  rock  and  roll,  she  also  has  an  everlasting  love  with  a  fellow  musician.  Will  you  please  welcome  (Y/N)  (L/N)  to  our  show,"  Merv  announced.

I  forgot  to  mention,  only  certain  paperwork   is  where  I  changed  my  last  name  to  Gibb.  For  my  performing  name,  it's  still (Y/N)  (L/N).  

I  walked  over  and  sat  next  to  Merv.

"How  are  you  doing  (Y/N)?"  Merv  asked.

"I'm  well  Merv,  how  are  you?"  I  responded.

I  heard  some  teenage  screams  and  looked  up  in  the  audience  and  saw  some  girls  with  "We  love  (Y/N)"  banners  and  I  waved  in  their  direction.

"So  a  lot  has  happened  since  we  last  saw  you.  You  got  married,  went  on  tour,  released  some  music,"  Merv  listed  off.

"Yes  Merv,  I  got  married  a  year   ago  to  the  man  of  my  dreams,"  I  started  off.

Merv  with  his  commentary  replied, "So  you  married  King  Kong?" 

The  audience  laughed  and  so  did  I.

Andy  was  shaking  his  head  laughing.

"Haha  no  Merv  I  married  Andy  Gibb,  you  know  the  man  who  shakes  his  hips,"  I  said  biting  my  lip.

I  could  see  Andy  turning  red  while  Merv  and  the  audience  laughed.

"Wow  you  guys  already  have  been  married  a  year?"  Merv  asked.

"Yes  we  can't  believe  it  either.  That's  what  "White  Lace"  is  about.  It's  about  how  fast time  goes  for  a  woman  from  when  she  dreams  of  meeting  the  man  of  her  dreams  to  then  already  being   in  white  lace  on  her  wedding  day,"  I  explained.

"Well  why  don't  you  go  ahead  and  sing  us  that  tune?"  Merv  said.

"I  would  love  to!"  I said  heading  over  to  the  microphone  and  studio  band.

"Ladies  and  gentleman,  performing   her  newest  single  (Y/N)  and  "White  Lace","  Merv  said.

"A  girl,  dreams  of  this  day.  She  reflects  back  to  what  she  wanted  to  be  one  day.  White  lace  captures  her  dreams,"  I  began  singing.

*time  skip  to  after  (Y/N)'s  performance*

"Give  it  up  for  (Y/N)  one  more  time.  We  will  back  after  this  commercial,  with  more  from  (Y/N)"  Merv  announced.

I  ran  to  grab  some  water  and  talk  to  Andy  before  the  break  is  over.

"You  are  doing  wonderful  darling,"  Andy  said  handing  a  bottle  of  water  over  to  me.

"Thanks  love.  I'm  just  trying  to  be  me," I  replied  chugging  some  water.

"(Y/N)  we  have  30  seconds  till  show  time  again,"  a  producer  yelled.

"Go  kill  it  darling,"  Andy  said  giving  me  a  quick  kiss.

I  ran  back  out  and  sat  next  to  Merv.

"3  2  1,"  a  producer  counted  down  and  pointed  at  Merv.

"We  are  back  with  our  guest  (Y/N).  Before  the  break,  she  sang  us  her  newest  single  and  we  were   discussing  her  music,"  Merv  told  the  audience.

"Yes  well  I  had  finished  a  tour  of  the  states  with  Karen  and  Richard  in  August.  I  had  to  take  a  break  because  of  vocal  strain,"  I  told  the  audience.

"But  you  sang  effortlessly  today  and  on  your  single,"  Merv  pondered.

"You  wouldn't  believe  me  when  I  say  in  September  I  was  on  complete  vocal  rest.  We  weren't  sure  if  I'd  be  able  to  perform,"  I  told   Merv.

"Wow  that's  crazy.  I'm  sure  Andy  could  have  been  able  to  sing  for  you  with  the  ahahaha  parts,"  Merv  said  laughing.

"Andy  does  love  singing  in  falsetto,"  I  said  winking  in  Andy's  direction.

"So  what  can  we  expect  from  you  next?"  Merv  asked.

"More  music.  I  have  two  more  songs  to  be  released  by  Spring  of  next  year,"  I  told  Merv.

"Can  you  give  us  any  hints?"  Merv  asked.

"Hopefully  Herb  and  Richard  don't  get  mad  or  yell  but  I  will  say  the  songs  will  be  nostalgic,"  I  said  with  gritted  teeth. 

"Nostalgic?  That's  going  to  be interesting for  sure,"  Merv  said.

"Well  the  times  are  a  changing  but  the  people  and  music  who  started  this  whole  business  with  music  need  to  get  some  recognition,"  I  told  Merv.  

"That  is  very  true.  Well  thank  you  so  much  (Y/N)  for  being  on  our  show  today,"  Merv  told   me  reaching  his  hand  out.

"Thank  you  Merv  for  having  me,"   I  told  him.

"Give  it  up  one  more  time   for  (Y/N)  (L/N)!"  Merv  said  standing  up  clapping.

I  stood  up  and  took  a  bow.

I  walked  off  stage  and  met  up  with  Andy.

"I'm  so  proud  of  you  darling,"  Andy  said  giving  me  a  hug.

"Thanks  love.  Thank  you  for  supporting  me,"  I  told  him.

"Let's  go  get  some  food,"  Andy  suggested.

We  went  to  my  dressing  room  and  waited  to  be  dismissed  by  the  Merv  producers.