Chapter 139 New Wheels

*November  1982*

(Y/N)  gets  a  new  car  from  A&M.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Herb  and  Karen  called  me  early  this  morning  letting  me  know  I  was  needed  at  A&M.

I  was  very  confused  because  first,  it  was  Sunday.  Second  off,  what  could  I  possibly  be  needed  for  now  that  my  album  is  out?

Andy  tagged  along  and  drove  us  to  A&M  Records.

"What  do  you  think  they  could  possibly  need  you  for?"  Andy  asked  me  as  he  pulled  out  of  the  driveway.

"I  don't  know  love  haha  I  wish  I  knew,"  I  told  him  as  I  adjusted  the  radio.

"Maybe  it's  in  relation  to  the  album  pressings?"  Andy  posed  the  question.

"I  hope  not.  Maybe  it  has  to  do  with  a  tour  for  next  year?"  I  replied  to  Andy.

"That's  probably  it.  You  haven't   gone  on  tour  in  over  a  year,"  Andy  said  turning  his  turn  signal  on.

We  took  the  long  way  cause  traffic  in  Downey  on  Sundays  was  not  the  easiest  to  navigate.

"I  think  if  it  is  a  tour,  we  will  do  a  late  Spring,  early  Summer  one  cause  I'm  not  ready  to  hit  the  pavement  running  after  the  holidays,"  I  said  staring  out  the  window.

"Hopefully   darling,"  Andy  said  exiting  the  freeway.

We  shortly  arrived  at  A&M   and  saw  Karen  and  Herb  waiting  by  a  beautiful  1980 Chevrolet  Camaro.

Andy  parked  in  my  regular  space  and  we  got  out.

"Hi  (Y/N)!"  Karen  said  bubbly  and  giving  me  a  hug.

"Hey!  What  exactly  did  you  need  me  for?"  I  asked  her  and  Herb.

"Well.................."  Herb  said  pointing  at  the  Camaro.

I  looked  at  them  both  puzzled, "You're  joking,  right?"

Karen  shook  her  head,  "We  aren't  joking!  Your  album  already  hit  platinum!"

I  was  shocked.

"Are  you  kidding  me?"  I  asked  Karen.

"Congraulations  (Y/N).  On  the  behalf  of  A&M,  we  wanted  to  gift  you  this  beautiful  new  Chevy  Camaro,"  Herb  said  handing  me  the  keys  and  paperwork.

I  was  in  a  daze.

"Oh  my  goodness congrats  darling,"  Andy  said  giving  me  a  side  hug.

"I'm  speechless  I  don't  know  what  to  say,"  I  said  taking  a  deep  breath.

"You  deserve  this  (Y/N)!"  Karen  said  giving  me  another  quick  hug.

"Well  don't  you  want  to  give  it  a  test  drive?"  Herb  asked  me.

"Oh  heck  yeah!"  I  said  unlocking  the  car.

Once  I  sat,  it  was  so  surreal.  All  the  success  I've  been  able  to  have  here  is  unbelievable.  If  this  was  2021,  I'd  just  be  a  college  student  by  now  trying  to  make  ends  meet.  Instead,  I'm  saving  two  incredible  human  beings  that  I  love.

I  put  the  key  in  the  ignition  and  it  sounded  so  nice.

"Come  on  love  let's  go  for  a  ride!"  I  motioned  for  Andy  to  get  inside.

Andy  got  in.

"We'll  be  back!"  I  told  Karen  and  Herb  as  I  put  the  car  into  reverse  and  pulled  out  of  the  parking  lot.

"This  car  is  gorgeous!"  Andy  said   as  we  drove.

"I  cannot  believe  this  is  mine,"  I  said  stopping  at  the  red  light.

"You  deserve  it  darling.  You  have  become  an  amazing  role  model  and  inspire  so  many  others  girls  to  be  who  they  truly  are,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  cheek.

"Don't  make  me  cry  Andy!"  I  said  sniffling.

"It's  true.  I   am  so  proud  of  you,"  Andy  told  me  in  a  serious  tone.

I  will  say,  when  someone  else  is  proud  of  you  it's  hard  to  believe  it.

"Thank  you  love,"  I  said  making  a  u-turn  to  head  back  to  the  A&M  parking  lot.

"You  deserve  the  world  darling,"  Andy  told  me  as  we  pulled  into  the  lot.

"I  love  you,"  I  told  him  stealing  a  kiss.

"Sooooo  how  do  you  like  it?"  Karen  asked  as  I  put  the  car  in  park.

"It's  a  beautiful  car  Karen.  I  can't  believe  it's  mine,"  I  told  her  as  I  got  out  of  the  car.

"Congratulations  again  girl!"  Karen  said.  

"The  folder  has   the  title  and  registration  in  it  too,"  Herb  said  giving  me  a  goodbye  hug.

"Thank  you  guys  so  much.  I'm  still  in  shock,"  I  said  smiling.

"You  lead,  I  follow?"  Andy  asked.

"Yes  that's  fine  love,"  I  said  giving  him  a  hug  and  kiss  before  getting  in  my  new  set  of   wheels.