Chapter 49 Changes

*end  of  January  1980*

Andy  comes  home  from  running  errands  to  (Y/N)  doing  something  unusual  and  causing  eyebrows to be raised. 

Andy's  POV: 

I  had  some  errands  to  run  this  morning .  (Y/N)  had  come  from  one  of  the  local  beauty  shops  earlier  and  had  a  bag  full  of  stuff.  I  really  didn't  think  of  it  till  I walked  into  our  house  and  found  it  quite.  I  thought  to  myself,  what  mess  did  she  get  herself  into?

I  quietly  put  my  shopping  bags  down  in  the  kitchen  and  went  up  to  our  room  and  snuck  in  on  her.  

There  was  paper  bags   all  over  the  bathroom  with   (Y/N)  looking  in  the  mirror  wearing  an  old  t-shirt  and  gloves  covered  in  colored  dye.  

"Uh  whatcha  up  to  darling?"  I  asked  her  looking  into  the  mirror.

"Um,  I  got  bored?"  she  responded   looking  shocked.

"Are  you  dying  your  hair  blue  darling?"  I  asked  her  picking  up  a  tub  of  goop.

"Yes  I  am  love.  I  hope  you  don't  hate  it,"  (Y/N)  responded  putting  more  blue  goop  on  the  ends  of  her  hair.

"Is  it  permanent?  Or  will  it  wash  away  in  a  few  days?"  I  asked  her  as  I  read  the  directions  on  the  tub.

"No  it's  not  permanent  love  haha,  and  its  only   the  ends  of  my  hair.  I  want  to  start  a  trend,"  she  said  with  a  giggle.

"Well  I  bet  you'll  look  beautiful  darling.  I  can't  wait  to  see  the  final  result,"  I  told  her  in  response.

"And  by  the  way  love,  its  teal,  not  blue,"  (Y/N)  said  with  a  smirk.

"Don't  you  start  with  me  darling,"  I  said  laughing.

"But  you  loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  me,"  she  said  dragging  out  the  e.

"True.  How  long  does  it  take  for  it  to  develop?"  I  asked  her.

"30  minutes  before  I  can  wash  it  out.  I  can  blow  dry  my  hair  so  we  can  see  the  result,"  she  responded  twisting  her  hair  in  a  bun  like  shape.

"Let's  hope  these  next  few  minutes  go  by  fast," I   said  kissing  her   face.

(Y/N)  went  and  sat  down  and  read  one  of  the  bridal  magazines  she  subscribed  to  to  pass  time.  

30  minutes  were  up  soon  and  (Y/N)  and  went  and  took  a  shower  to  rinse  the  product  out.

"Andy  can  you  get  some  bleach?  The  tub  looks  like  a  smurf  and  grinch  got  into  a  fight,"  (Y/N)  asked  laughing.

"Yes  darling  I'll  go  get  some,"  I  said  walking  down  the  stairs.

I  brought  the  cleaner  back  to  her  in  the  bathroom.  She  was  done  showering   and  was  dressed  with  her  hair  in  a  towel.

She  fluffed  her  hair  and  brought  it  out  of  the   towel  to  start  blow-drying   it.  

Right  before  my  eyes,  her   hair  tips   were  bright  as  a  Christmas  tree  light.

"Woah  darling   you  look  beautiful,"  I  said  breathless.

"Aw  thank  you  love. I'm  kind  of  on  the  fence  about  it,"  she  said  messing  with  her  hair.

"Well  I  think  it  looks  good  and  you  might  even  start  a  trend,"  I  told  her  wrapping  my  arms  around  her  waist  while  we  looked  at  each  other  in  the  mirror.

"That  would  be   cool  if  I  started  a  new  trend  for  the  80s,"  she  said  smiling.  

"You  should  curl  your  hair  darling  to  see  what  it  looks  like,"  I  suggested  to  her.

"I'll  curl  it  tomorrow.  My  hair's  probably  going  to  be  damanged  after  all  this,"  she  said  laughing.

"Ok  fine  darling,"  I  said  giving  her  face  small  kisses.

"We  should  dye  your  hair  blue  too  love,"  she  said  smirking  at  me  in  the  mirror.

"No  no  no  darling  you  are  the  trend   setter,  not  me,"  I  told  her  laughing.