Chapter 39 Christmas Time

*December  1979*

It's  Christmas  Day!  (Y/N)  and  Andy  are  having  a  lowkey  Christmas.  

Andy's  POV:

It's  finally  Christmas  Day!  I  can't  wait  for  my  love  to  open  her  gifts  from  me.  I  don't  know  what  she  could  have  gotten  me.  She's  very  secretive  when  it  comes  to  gifts. 

I  got  up  extra  early  to  make  some  breakfast  to   surprise  (Y/N)  with  breakfast  in  bed.  Before   opening  gifts,  I  wanted  us  to  spend  some quiet time  cause  the  afternoon  would  be  busy  with  Karen  coming  over  with  Richard.  

I  snuck  out  of  the  bed  and  headed  downstairs  without  (Y/N)  stirring.   She  mumbled  something,  but  she  was  still  sound  asleep.

I  got  into  the  kitchen  and  made  pancakes  and  bacon  and  poured  some  orange  juice.  

Just  as  I  had  finished  getting  the  breakfast  tray  siutated,  I  heard  footsteps  coming  downstairs.  My  plans  were  foiled.

"Good  morning  merry  Christmas  darling,"  (Y/N)  sleepily  spoke.

"Good  morning  darling,  merry  Christmas  to  you  too,"  I  said  kissing  her  forehead.

"What  are  you   doing?  You  left  me  freezing  without  your  cuddles,"  she  giggled.

"I  was  making  you  breakfast  see,"  I  said  showing  her  the  tray  of  food.

"Ohhhhh  Andy  that  was  very  sweet  of  you  to  do.  Let's  go  back  to  bed  then.  Presents  can  wait,"  she  said  turning  around  heading  back  up  the  stairs. 

She  was  something  so  special  and  I  couldn't  wait  for  her  to  open  the  presents  I  got.

We  sat  and  ate  contently.  I  stole  some  more  cuddles  from  her  before  we  decided  to  get  ready  and   then  open  presents.

(Y/N)  ended  up  wearing  a  beautiful  red  velvet  maxi  dress  with  some  white  boots.  I  wore  a  red  button  up  and  jeans  with  my  favorite  shoes.  

We  took  some  pictures  with  our  timer  in  front  of  the  tree.  I  hope  they  will  be  decent.   (Y/N)  also  took  pictures  of  the  tree  before  we  unwrapped  our  gifts.

"Hmmmm  what  should  we  open  first?"  she  asked  shuffling  the  gifts  around.

"Well, who  is  that  gift  from  that  your  hand  is  on?"  I  asked  her.

"It's  from  Barry  and  Linda,"  she  replied  gently  shaking  the  big  box.

"Don't  break  whatever  is  in  there!"  I  said  laughing.

"Let's  open  it  together  darling,"  (Y/N)  motioned  me  to  get  closer.

I  peeled  the  card  off  nicely.  

"Save  the  cards   for  last  darling,"  (Y/N)  said  giggling.

She  was  too  much  sometimes.  

I  got  the  wrapping  paper  off  while  she  opened  the  box.

"Oh  these  wine  glasses  are  beautiful!  Oooh  and  some  merlot  wine  too!"  (Y/N)  exclaimed.

"Look  darling,  the  glasses  have  our  names  engraved  and  our  engagement  date!  These  are  beautiful!"  I  told  her  examining  the  glasses.

"Where  can  we  put  these  where  they  won't  get  broken?"  (Y/N)  asked  me  looking  around  the  living  room  for  a  temporary  spot. 

"In  our  glass  cabinet  darling  on  display.  We  can  put  them  in  later," I  told  her  sort  of  rushing  her.

I  wanted  her  to  open   up  my  gifts  next.

I  reached  under  the  tree  and  grabbed  the  two  boxes  from  me.

"Open  these  next  love.  They  are  from  me,"  I  said  urging  her.

"Ok  love  no  rush  haha,"  she  laughed.

"I'm  just  excited  for  you  to  see  what  I  got  you  love,"  I  replied  while  handing  her  some  cards  from  me.

"Oh  this  is  beautiful  Andy!"  she  exlaimed  taking  out  the  glass  rose  dome  out.  

"I'm  glad  you  like  it  love,"  I  said  kissing  her  face.

"What  else  could  you  have  gotten  me?  This  is  plenty  enough,"  she  said  while  opening  the  next  box.

"Just  open  it,"  I  said  with  a  smirk.

"This  is  so  cute.  Aw  Andy   you  even  put  our  engangment  date  on  here  too,"  she  said  while  wrapping  her  arms  around  my  neck  and  leaned  in  to  kiss  me.

"I  was  worried  you  wouldn't  like  either,"  I  said  in  her  ear.

"Wouldn't  like  it?  Are  you  crazy?  I  love  them  Andy.  They  are  sentimental  and  now  I  have  a  buddy  when  you  are  gone,"  she  said  gesturing  to  the  bear.

"Well  I'm  glad  darling  you  love  them,"  I  said  lauhing.

"Now  open  my  gift,"  she  handed  me  two  boxes.

I  shook  it  lightly  and  it  didn't  make  any  noise.

I  slowly  opened  the  first  box  and  it  was   a  beautiful   leather  jacket.  It  had  my  name  embroidered  saying  "Established  1958."  

"Oh  darling  this  is  wonderful.  I  love  it,"  I  said  while  trying  it  on.

"I'm  glad   you  love  it!  I  thought  it  would  be  something  to  cherish  it  forever,"  she  said  with  a  smile.  

I   opened  the  next  gift she  got  me.

"Oooh  a  new  pair  of  white  Nikes.  How  did  you  know   I  needed  a  new  pair  of  shoes?"  I  asked  her.

"Just  a  lucky  guess,"  she  smiled  at  me.

"Thank  you   darling  for  these  wonderful  gifts.  I can't  wait  to  show  off  the  jacket,"  I  said  engufling  her  in  a  hug  and  kiss. 

We  just  stayed  content  in  each  other's  arms  for  a  few  moments  before  pulling  away.

"Let's  finish  opening  our  gifts  darling,"  I  said  whispering  in  her  ear.

This  Christmas  would  be  one  to  cherish  forever.