Chapter 69 Little House

*May  1980*

Andy goes to bed to find (Y/N) lost in books after she visited the library that afternoon.

Andy's  POV:

(Y/N)  had  been  extra  quite  today  after  leaving  the studio  and  library.  I  had   to  work  a  bit  late  at  the  studio  filming  some  promotional  stuff  for  upcoming  television  performances.

(Y/N)  had  made  us  dinner  and  left  me  a  plate  downstairs  and  she  was  super quite  when  I  got  home.

It  was  about  10:30pm,  and  usually  when  I  work  late,  she  gets  up  to  talk  and  snack  with   me.  But  tonight,  something  was  different. 

I  came  in  and  turned  on  the  lights.  She  had  made  some  cookies  too  and  they  sat  on  the  counter  with  a  note.

"Here  are  some  sweets  for  my  sweet.  Hope  everything  went  well  at  the  studio.  xx  (Y/N)."

"Hmmm  that's  strange,"  I  quietly  mumbled  to  myself.

I  put  my  plate  of  food  in  the  microwave  to  warm  it  up  and  then  headed  upstairs  to  change  into  my  pajamas.

I  took  a  quick  shower  and  then  headed  back  downstairs  to  eat  before  going  to  bed.

I  peaked  in  on  (Y/N)  and  she  was  wide  awake  but  had  a  stack  of  books  surrounding  herself.

"Hi  darling,  whatcha  doing?"  I  asked  in  a  whisper.

"Oh  your  home  love?  I  didn't  even  hear  you  come  in,"  (Y/N)  said  startled.

"Well  what  are  you  reading?"  I  asked  curiously.

"It's  the  Little  House  on  the  Prarie  book  series.  I  loved  these  books  when  I  was  a  child  and  I  saw  them  at  the  library  today,"  she  said  nonchalantly.

"I  didn't  realize  you  loved  reading  that  much  darling.  We  should  see  if  we  can  get  some  copies  of  these  books  for  your  personal  collection,"  I  suggested  with  a  smile.

"That  would  be  nice  love.  We  can  go  to  a  bookstore  maybe  tomorrow?"  she  asked  with  a  smile.

"Of  course  darling  we  can,"  I  said  smiling  back.

"You  should  probably  go  get  your  dinner  love.  You   must  be  starving,"  she  said  with  a  yawn.

"I  will  darling.  I'll  come  up  here  and  eat   if  that's  ok?"  I  asked.

"As  long  as  you  bring  some  cookies  and  milk  that  would  be  fine  love,"  she  said  smirking.

"I  got  you  darling,"  I  said  walking  back  downstairs  to  get  the  grub.

I  grabbed  my  dinner  plate  and  the  cookies  and  headed  back  upstairs.

(Y/N)  was  lightly  snoring  with  the  book  in  her  hands.

"Darling,  darling?"  I  whispered.

"Huh  what  I'm  awake!"  she  said  suddenly.

"If  you   are  tired  darling,  you  should  go  to  sleep,"  I  suggested.

"But  I  want  cookies  haha,"  she  said  stifling  a  yawn. 

"Well  let's  eat  and  then  go  to  sleep  darling,"  I  said  sitting  the  milk  on  the  side  table.

"I  finished  2  of   the  books  today  already  love.  Isn't  that  crazy?"  she  said  munching  on  a  cookie.

"You  just   want  to  relive  in  your  childhood  darling  and  that's  cute,"  I  said  in between  bites.

"Maybe.  Sometimes  I  feel  like  life  was  easier  when  you  were  small.  Everything  new  is  scary, "  she  said  while  sipping  some  milk.

"You  are  always  poetic  darling  aren't  you?"  I  asked  her.

"It's  on  accident  love," she  said  poking  me.

"Don't  you  start  now  darling  let  me  enjoy  my  dinner,"  I  said  dramatically.

"I'm  too  sleepy  to  fight  anyways  love,"  she  said  laughing.

I  heard  scratching  at  the  door  right  about  when  I  was  done  with  my  dinner.

"Sam  wants  in.  Go  ahead  and  let  him  in,  I'm  too  tired  to  move,"  (Y/N)  said  scooting  down.

"Ok  darling  I'll  be  right  back,"  I  said  kissing  her  temple.

"Be  fast  love,"  (Y/N)  said  fading  fast  to  dreamland.

"Those  cookies  got  to   her  fast,"  I  said  to  myself.

Sam  ran  inside  and  laid  at  the  foot  of  the  bed.

I  went  and  washed  the  dishes  real  quick  and  headed  back  to  bed.

"Andy  I  need  cuddles,"  (Y/N)  said  quietly.

"I'm  here   darling  shhh,"  I  said  wrapping  my  arms  around  her  waist.

"Good  night  Andy.  I  love  you,"  she  said  muffled  into  the  pillow.

"Good  night  darling.  I  love  you  more,"  I  said  kissing  her  forehead.