Chapter 125 Summer Breeze

*July  4th,  1982*

Andy's  brothers (and  Linda)  fly  in  to  celebrate  Fourth  of  July  with  him  and  (Y/N).

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  is  one  of  our  favorite  holidays.  It's  the  Fourth   of  July.  Andy's  brothers  and  Linda  have  some  time  to  relax  and  are  flying  to  California  to  celebrate  with  us.  

For  dinner  and  snacks  today,  the  main  thing  Andy  and  I  are  doing  is  grilled  chicken,  grilled  corn   and potatoes.  For  some  snacks,  we  decided  to  get  everyone's  favorite  chips  and  dip  and  also  got  a  7-layer  bean  dip.

Andy  and  I  for  our  wedding  had  gotten  a  ice  cream  machine  and  we  hadn't  used  it  yet.  Today  was  the  perfect  day  to  try  it  out.  We  are  making  vanilla  and  we  hope  it  comes  out  right.

I  also  made  a  cute  strawberry,  blueberry  and  whipped  cream  cake.  I  arranged  the  fruit  in  the  shape  of  the  flag.

Andy  was  busy  outside  getting  the  backyard  ready  so  we  could  mainly  chill  outside  and  also  swim  throughout  the  day.  

I  was  inside  getting  everything  prepped.  I  got  the  chicken  marinating  in  barbqueue  sauce.  I  got  the  corn  shucked  and  seasoned  with   butter.  I  got  the  potatos  washed  and  covered  with  butter  and  wrapped  in  tin  foil.

My  cake  was  in  the  fridge  chilling  the  whipped  cream.  It  was  going   to  be  the  perfect  day.  

Andy  came  in  for  a  break  before  putting  up  our  umbrella.  

"How's  it  going  darling?"  Andy  asked  me  drinking  some  water.

"The  chicken  is  marinating,  potatoes  and  corn  are  incubating  in  butter and  seasonings,"  I  listed  off.

"And  how  is  my  wife  doing?"  Andy  asked  stealing  a  kiss.

I  was  glad  that  we  were  back  to  normal.

"I'm  fine  love  thank  you.  By  the  way,  what  time  was  your  brother's  flight  supposed  to  land?"  I  asked  him.

"I  think  10?"  Andy  said  looking  at  the  calendar.

"Yes  10   and  they'd  be  here  by  11:30,"  Andy  replied  after  shifting  some  papers  by  the  phone.

"When  should  we  start  the  ice  cream?"  I  asked  him  as  I  opened  the  fridge.

"Probably  soonish  so  it's  done  sooner  than  later,"   he  responded  as  he  went  back  outside.

I  started  making  the   ice  cream  mix   and  got  the  rock  salt  and  ice  ready  too.

I  put  the  machine  together  and  turned  it  on.

It  was  kind  of  noisy  but   I  let  it  run  and  I  would  check  on  it  in  45  minutes.

I  went  upstairs  to  check   my  hair  and  makeup  as  Andy's  family  would  be  arriving  soon.  I  don't  need  to  look  like  a  dingy  housewife  today.

I  looked  out  the  window  and  saw  that  they  were  here  but  came  in  through  the  backyard  where  Andy  was.  Sam  was  going  crazy  with  them.

"Darling  where  are  you?"  Andy  spoke  loudly.

"Your  favorite  in  laws  are  here,"  Barry  said  laughing.

I  took  one  last  look  in  the  mirror  to  make  sure  I  looked  good  and  headed  downstairs. 

"(Y/N)!!!!" Linda  yelps  as  I  come  down  the  stairs.

"Happy  Fourth  of  July  sister  in  law,"  Maurice  said.

"Same  to  you  Momo,"  I  said  laughing.

"Don't  forget  about  me,  Robo,"  Robin  said  sarcastically.

"Uh  huh,"  I  said  laughing.

"(Y/N)  made  some  iced  tea  and  lemonade  for  us  to  enjoy  and  we  also  got  some  pop  too,"  Andy  said  dragging  his  brothers  to  the  kitchen.

"DON'T  TOUCH  THE  CAKE  TILL  LATER!"  I  yelled  a  bit  intense.

"We  won't  darling,"  Andy  said  reassuringly.

"We  will  enjoy  something  else  till  it's  dessert  time,"  Barry  said  in  response.

Me  and  Linda  stayed  in  side  to  talk  and  stay  cool  while  the  boys  headed  to  the  pool.