Chapter 182 Figuring Things Out

*mid  October  1983*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  have  lots  of  planning  to  do  with  the  purchase  of  their   new  home. 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

The  last  few  weeks  have  been  stressful  yet  exciting.  Our  move  in  date  at  our  new  place  is  November  2nd.  That  means  we  are  busy  packing  up  the  current  place  and  tensions  are  running  high.  October  29th  is  when  my  next  single  comes  out  and  it's  a  Christmas  B  side.  So  the  front  side  is  a  song  I  wrote  and  the  backside  is  my  version  of  "There's  No  Place  Like  Home  for  the  Holidays."

Going  back  to  moving  and  stuff,  Andy  and  I  are  stressed  out  with  all  the  packing.  We  have  roughly  2  1/2  weeks  left,  but   there  is   still  so  much to  do  in  such  little  time.  This  time  around  again,  we  are  moving  during  the  holiday  season.  We  will  barley  be  settled  in  for  Thanksgiving.

The  garage  has  already  been  packed  along  with  the  three  hall  closets.  Half  of  mine  and  Andy's  bedroom  is  packed.  The  living  room  is  pretty  much  packed  of  the  decor,  minus  the  TV, coffee  table  and  sofas.

The  other  struggle  during  this  time  is  having  to  keep  buying  boxes.  I  didn't  realize  how  much  stuff  we  have  complied  together  in  the  5  years  we've  been  living  here.  Imagine  if  I  go  back  to  the  future,  and  all  this  ends  up  there  with  me.

Andy's  biggest  concern  is  getting  everything  packed  where  nothing  breaks  in  the  process  of  the  move.  A  lot  of  stuff the  first  move  got  shifted  and  chipped  or  broke. 

We  are  hiring  professional  movers  to  do  the  giant  items  like  the  sofas,  beds,  etc.  Andy  and  I  will  use  a  U-Haul  for  the  smaller  items.

Karen  said  that  Herb  was  glad  that  I  was  moving  closer  to  the   A&M  studios.  I  just  hope  this  won't  be  an  easy  excuse  to  call  me  in  to  work  on  projects  that  aren't  even  in frution  yet.

One  thing  I  will  note  is  during  this  whole  process,  I'm  still  not  believing  I'm  in  another  era  and  getting  to  live  a  dream  life  I  never  thought  was  possible.

Today,  I  was  focusing  on  the  kitchen  and  packing  things  away  that  are  not  important  like  mixers,   waffle  makers,  etc.

"Darling  do  we  need  all  the  silverware  still  out?"  Andy  asked  shifting  through  the  drawers.

"We  can  just  use  plastic  silverware  for  the  next  few  weeks  love  so  if  you  want,  go  ahead  and  pack  them,"  I  told  Andy  from  in  one  of  the  cupboards.

"Otay  darling,"  Andy  replied.

I  was  labeling  the  boxes  when   I  heard  a  thud.

I  turned  around  and  Andy  ran  right  into  the  open  cupboard  above  the  silverware  drawer.

"Oh  no  love  are  you  ok?"  I  said  rushing  to  get  up.

"Yes  darling  I'm  just  a  little  stunned,"  Andy  said  holding  onto  his  forehead.

I  went  to  the  freezer  and  got  an  ice  pack  and  handed  it  to  Andy.

"Thank  you  darling,"  Andy  said  giving  my  forehead  a  kiss.

"Of  course.  Do  you  want  Tylenol?"  I  asked  him.

"Yes  please  darling,"  Andy  said  following  me  to  the  bathroom  to  get  into  the  medicine  cabinet.

"I'm  sorry  love,"  I  told  him  as  I  got  the  2  tablets  out  of  the  bottle.

"It  was  my  fault  not  paying  attention  haha,"  Andy  replied .

After  Andy  rested  for  a  few,   we  got  back  to  our   moving  plan.