Chapter 108 Christmas Is Around the Corner

*2 days before Christmas 1981*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  are  still  healing  from  their  colds  while  finishing  up  Christmas  gifts  for  one  another.

Andy's  POV:

Well  me  and  my  darling  wife  got  sick.  What  a  wonderful  Christmas  gift.  Today  we  are  finishing  up  last-minute   gifts  for  each  other.

  We've  been  so  under  the  weather  that  today  is  the  first  day  we  felt  up  to  leaving  the  house.  I wanted  to  get  (Y/N)  some  flowers   and  her  favorite  hot  coco  for  our  yearly  tradition  of  seeing  Christmas  lights.

"I'm  so  glad  we  are  feeling  better  love,"  (Y/N)  told  me  as  she  put  on  her  coat  to  leave.

"Me  too  darling.  You  be  safe  ok?"  I  told  her  kissing  her  for  the  first time  in  3  days.

"I  will.  You  better  be  safe  too.  I  love  you,"  (Y/N)  replied.

"I  will  always  love  you  more,"  I  told  her.

We  went  our  separate  ways  to  go  to  the  stores.  

I  first  stopped  at  the  local  florist  to  pick  up  a  red  roses  and  sunflower  bouquet  bunch.  I  saw  some  cute  red  balloons  and  snatched  those  up  too. 

After  I  secured  those,  I  went  home  and  put  the  flowers  on  the  kitchen  counter  with  the  balloons.  I  then  headed  back  out  to  the  grocery  store  for  our  hot  coco.

When  I  headed  inside  the  store,  it  was  packed.   I  couldn't  even  find  the  hot  coco  aisle.

After  walking  around  a  bit  rushed,  I  finally  found  the  aisle  with  coffee  and  coco.

It  was  the  last  box  on  the  shelf  and  I  am  lucky  I  found  it.

I  went  on  the  Christmas  aisle  to  grab  some  peppermint  sticks  to  go  with  the  coco.

I  headed  to  the  express  checkout  as  that  was  the  fastest  lane.

When  I  stood  in  line,  I  saw  people  staring  at  me.  Even  after  a  few  years  of  being  in  the  industry,  I  still  get  uncomfortable  with  people  staring  at  me  like  I'm  an  exhibit.  I'm  human  just  like  everyone  else.

I  finally  made  it  to  the  register  to  pay  for  my  coco  and  peppermint  sticks  and  headed  home.

I  hoped  (Y/N)  wasn't  home quite  yet  just  so  I  could  see  her  reaction  to  the  flowers.

I  pulled  into  the  driveway  and  (Y/N)  wasn't  home  yet.  Whew,  made  back  in  time.

I  headed  to  the  kitchen  and  put  the  coco  and  peppermint  sticks  on  the  counter  with  the  flowers.  I  found  two  bows  to  put  on  each.

I  let  Sam  inside  and  he  headed  straight  for  the  fireplace.

He  parked  by  it  and  fell  asleep.

Soon,  I  heard  (Y/N)'s  car  pull  up.  I  couldn't  wait  to  see  her  reaction  to  the  little  surprise.

"You  are  home  early   love,"  (Y/N)  said  opening  the  door.

"Well  yeah  just  come  to  kitchen,"  I  told  her  as  she  put  her  bags  on  the  chair  in  the  living  room.

"What  is  in  there  oh  my  gosh  love,"  (Y/N)  said  surprised.

"Merry  Christmas  Eve  Eve  darling," I  said  kissing  her  cheek.

"You  shouldn't  have  love.  OH  my  gosh  our   favorite  hot  coco?"  (Y/N)  said  grabbing  the  box.

"Only  the  best  for  my  darling  wife,"  I  told  her.

"You  are  something  else  love.  I  love  you  so  much,"  (Y/N)  said  wrapping  her  arms  around  me.

I  embraced  her  back  and  we  just  stay  contently  in  each  other's  arms.

"I  actually  went  to  go  get  the  coco  but  they  were  sold  out,"  she  told  me.

"That's  cause  I  bought  the  last  box,"  I  said  with  a  laugh.

"To  another  wonderful  Christmas,"  she  said  smiling.

"To  our  Christmas,"  I  said  leaning  in  for  a  kiss.