Chapter 172 Spin Round

*July  1983*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  go  shopping  for  vinyl.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

We  are  going  to  a  local  record  store  just  to  shop  for  some  new  stuff  to  spin.  I  have  been  wanting  a  to  find  a  better  copy  of  John  Denver's  Greatest  Hits  while  Andy  wants  to  find  some  of  the  Little  River  Band  and  The  Mills  Brother's  stuff  as  well.

This  little  record  shop  was  the  one  I  had  stopped  in  many  moons  ago  and  bought  stuff  on  my  first  day  in  this  era.

The  little  shop  was  cute  and  very  70s  still.  Neon  signs  hung  everywhere.  Pictures  of  the  Beatles,  Rolling  Stones,  to  even  the  Mamas  and  the  Papas  glossed  the   walls.  We  walked  to  another  section  and  there  was  a  picture  of  the  Gibb  Brothers  from  Saturday  Night  Fever  and  Andy  was  in  a  picture  next  to  it.

"Aw  love  look!"  I  said  pointing  in  a  proud  voice.

Andy  turned  his  head  and  laughed.

"Oh  my  darling,"  Andy  replied.

"That's  so  cute  though,"  I  said  going  to  the  D  section  for  John  Denver.

"Let's  hope  nobody  puts  two  and  two  together  while  we  are  here,"  Andy  said  laughing.

"Haha  it'll  be  ok  love  if   they  do,"  I  told  him.

I  found  the  same  John  Denver  album  that  I  love  and  snatched  it  up.  I  also  looked  for  some  Charley  Pride  too  as  I  loved  his  music  too.

"Ooooh  look  at  this  Mills  Brothers  album  darling,"  Andy  showed  me.

"That's  cool  love!"  I  replied.

Andy  examined  it  for  any  scratches,  which  there  was  none.

I  got  excited  when  I  found  a  greatest  hits  of  Charley  Pride.  I  hadn't  owned  this  copy  yet.

"Whatcha  find  darling?"  Andy  asked  curiously.

"Charley  Pride,"  I  replied  smiling.

" I  forgot  how  much  you  love  him,"  Andy  replied  smiling.

"Him  and  John  Denver  are  two  of  my  favorite  male  singers  next  to  you  of  course,"  I  replied.

"Awwwww  that's  cute  darling,"  Andy  said  looking  through  the  Little  River  Band  albums.

"Well  duhhhhhh,"  I  said  heading  over  to  the  t-shirt  section.

They  had  some  Pink  Floyd,  Beatles,  Rolling  Stone  and  even  some  Johnny  Cash  shirts.

"Ooooh,"  I  said  pulling  out  the  Pink  Floyd  shirt.  It  was  white  with  pink  and  purple  writing.

"That's  cute  darling  you  should  get  it,"  Andy  said  from  behind  me.

"Are  you  sure?  It's  not  like  I  listen  to  them  all  the  time  though,"  I  told  him  in  response  back.

"Just   do  it  darling.  You  only  live  once,"  Andy  said  encouragingly.

"Ok  ok,"  I  said  looking  at  myself  in  the  mirror  with  the  shirt.

"What  else  do  we  want  to  look  at?"  Andy  asked.

"Do  they  have  stickers  or  anything?"  I  asked.

"Probably  darling,"  Andy  said  walking  towards  another  section  of  the  store.

There,  we  stumbled  across  a  ton  of  buttons  and  stickers.  I  got  sad  seeing  the  ABBA  sticker  because  now  that  it  was  1983,  ABBA  had  broken  up  already.

"I'm  totally  getting  these  ABBA  buttons.  They  will  never  go  out  of  style,"  I  said  all  matter of  factly.

"How  do  you  know  darling?"  Andy  asked.

"Their  music  is  timeless.  The  girls  harmonies  are  so  breathtaking,"  I  told  Andy.

"You  are  very  smart  darling  so  I  take  your  word  for  it,"  Andy  said  smiling.

We   finished  our  shopping,  headed  to  the  checkout,  and  made  our  way  home   to  listen  to  our  new  vinyl.