Chapter 59 Feel You Now

*late  March 1980*

(Y/N)  does  her  show  at  A&M  Records  lunch.  Andy  and  her  debut  the  duet  they  wrote  in  Palm  Springs.

Andy's  POV:

Today  is  the  day  (Y/N)  gets  her  first  concert  by  herself.  I  can't  stop  saying  how  proud  of  her  I  am.   Because  of  her  sprained  ankle,  she's  decided  to  rewrite  the  setlist  and  add  our  duet  that  we  recorded  a  few  weeks  back.

We  decided  to  call  the  song  "Reasons  to  Be  Happy."  Ever  since  we  came  together,  she's  brought  sunshine  and  love  to  my  life  that  I  never  had.   I  decided  to  wear  a  royal  blue  silk  shirt,  black  jeans,  and  my  black  low ankle  boots.

(Y/N)  decided  that  we'd  sing  the  duet  last.    She  promises   me  that  she  won't  be  dancing   for  the  6  songs  but  I  know  she  will  defy  doctors  orders. 

For  the  duet,  I  played  guitar  on  it.  So  all  morning  I've  been  perfecting  the  sound  for  the  concert.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

It's  the  day,  finally.  I  get  to  promote  and  sing  at  A&M  Records  lunch.   My  nerves  are  not  as  bad  as  I  thought.  I  remember  how  bad  they  were  when  I  first  came  to  this  universe.  Boy  has  so much  changed.  I  have  ditched  the  outfit  changes  and  I'm  sticking  with  some  bell  bottoms  and  cute  purple  floral  top.

I  spent  most  of  the  morning  rehearsing,  doing  vocal  warm-ups,  the  typical  concert  sort  of  deal.

I  was  still  in  this  damn  ankle  brace.  The  doctor  said  a  few  more  days  and   I'll  be  good.  There  has  been  few  days  where  swelling  was  horrible  I  couldn't  even  put  a  shoe  on.  Andy  has  been  a  prince  as  usual.  He  loves  me  a  lot  and  I  hope  this  lasts   forever.

We  headed  over  to  A&M  Records  to  get  set  up  for  the  concert.

"You  got  this  darling,"  Andy  said  while  helping  me  set  up  my  mic  and  stool.

"Thanks  baby.  Make  sure  you  stay  in  the  front  row  so  you  can  run  up  here  for  the  duet,"  I  told  him.

Karen  was  going   to  play  drums  for  the   mini  concert  and  we  had  Tony  Peluso  on  guitar. 

They  had  a  studio  keyboard  player  for  the  concert.  

People  started  coming  in   and  socializaing.   A  shorter  blonde  man  came  up  to  me  and  introduce  himself  to  me.

"Hello  there  I  just  wanted  to  introduce  myself  to  you  (Y/N).  My  name  is  Paul  Williams.  I  got  to  say  you  have  a  fabalous  voice,"  he  spoke.

I  was  a  little  taken  back.  Paul  Williams  was  an  incredible  song  writer.  He  also  had  co-written  some  of  the  Carpenters  hits.

"Mr.  Williams  its  a  pleasure  to  meet  you.  Your  words  are  so  kind,"  I  told  him.

"Stay  safe  kid,"  he  told  me  while  he  walked  to  the  buffet  table.

I  continued   staying  on the stool  just  to  keep  my  foot  elevated  when  the  Paul  McCartney  walked  in.

Me  and  Karen  looked  right  at  each  other with  our  eyes  wide  open. 

Herb  walked  up  around  this  time.

"Paul  McCartney  was  going  to  be  in  town  and  we  decided  to  invite  him  to  show  off  our  newest  artist.  He's  looking  for  an  opening  act  (Y/N)  so  be  sure  to  impress  him,"  Herb  said  smiling  at  me.

"(Y/N)   you  could  reallyyyyy make  it  big,"  Karen  said  stunned.

"I  know.  I  mean,  do  I  want  to  make  it  big?"  I  mumbled.

Herb  walked  up  to  the  microphone  to  gather  everyone's  attention.

"Ladies  and  gentleman,  can  I  have  please  have  your  attention.  Tonight,  you  guys  will  be  witnessing  the  premiere  of  our  newest  artist,  (Y/N)  (L/N).  She  is  young,  vibrant  and   has  a  voice  of  an  angel.  Will  you  please  give  a  warm  welcome  to  (Y/N)!"  Herb  said  smiling  and  clapping.  

"Hello  everyone!  It's  so  nice  to  be  out  here  today  with  all  of  you,"  I  spoke  into  the  mic.

Andy  winked  at  me, distracting  me  of  course.

"Tonight,  I  will  be  starting  off  with  my  first  single,  Wind  of  Change.  I  hope  you  all  like  it.  Sing  along  if  you  know  the  song,"  I  said  into  the  mic.

*skips  towards the end  of  the  concert*

All  the  songs  went  on  without  any  problems.  It  was  nice   to  see  so  many  familiar  faces  in  the crowd.  It  was  time   for  Andy  to  join  me  on  stage.

"Now  I  would  like  to  introduce  a  familiar  and  warm  hearted  face  to  come  up  on  stage  with  me  to  sing  this  last  song.  He's  been  one  of  my  biggest  supporters  and  he's  my  love,  please  welcome  Mr.  Andy  Gibb,"  I  said  with  a  loud  clap.

"Thank  you  darling  for  the  warm  welcome,"  Andy  said  speaking  into  the  micrphone.

"Ladies  and  gentleman  me  and  Andy  are  premiering  our  duet  "Reason's  to  Be  Happy,"  I  spoke  and  gave  Karen  and  the  band  a countdown. 

"Breakfast in bed, dreaming my life away, your love surrounds me,"  I  started  singing.

"Your love surrounds me, baby I can't take it,  no  I  can't  take  it,"  Andy  starts  singing.

"Swimming in a pool of love, dreaming my days away, you come along and sweep me away,  every day  baby  is  new  when  I'm  with  you,"  I  sang  while  locking  eyes  with  Andy.

"Our love comes together and brings a new feeling with a breeze.  The  breeze  brings  a  good  feeling  over  me,"  Andy  sang  while  smiling.

"Love never came so easy till we,  we  became  one,"  we  sang  together.

*skips to the  end  of  the  song  and  concerts*

"Give  it  up  one  more  time  for  (Y/N)  (L/N)!"  Herb  says.

I  bowed,  gestured  towards  the  band,  Karen  grabbed  my  hand  so  I  didn't  fall  and  we  walked  off  stage.

"You  did  great  (Y/N)!"  Karen  said  congratulating  me.

"Darling  you  did  AMAZING!"  Andy  said  engulfing  me  in  a  hug.

"Thanks  love.  Thank  you   for  supporting  me  and  doing  the  duet,"  I  told  him  kissing  him.

"Anything  for  my  baby,"  Andy  said  picking  me  up  bridal  style and  walking  to  the  car.