Chapter 18 Wondering Mind

*April  1979*

*(Y/N)   has  to  contemplate  whether  or  not  to  sign  the  contract  with Charlie's Angels.  Andy  and  (Y/N)  are  at  their  shared  house   talking  and  cuddling*

*TRIGGER WARNING: ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACKS ARE DISCUSSED IN THIS CHAPTER.*

Andy's  POV:

*in  his  head  thinking*

(Y/N)  was  offered  a  role  on  Charlie's  Angels.  

Don't  mind  me,  I  am  proud  of  her.  I  just  don't  wanna  lose  her.  It  could   be  just  the  thought  of  losing  someone.  I  don't  want  her  to  think  I  am  controlling  her  either.  

(Y/N)  was  also  wanting  to   record  music  by  herself.  I  wanted  to  surprise  her  for  a  recording  session  with  me.  Just  for  fun,  so  she  can  see  what  she  is  capable  of.

We  are   cuddling   right  now  and  I  don't  want  to  ruin  the  moment.   

*out  of  his  thoughts*

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Andy  and  I  are  finally  back  on  the  same  schedule.

 Today,  we  are  just  chilling  at  home.  We  did  some  errands  this  morning.  But,  I  am  still  thinking  of  the  Charlie's  Angel's   contract.  Is  this  universe  trying  to  test  me?  

Part  of  me  wants  to  say  yes,  but  the  other  part  of  me  knows  I  am  not  meant  to  stay  here  forever.  

Listening  to   Andy's  heart  beating  brings  a  calmness  over  me.   But,  yet  again,  something  was  off.  

Perhaps  it  was  my  new  found  fear  of  being  stuck  here  in  the  past,  but  I  truly  loved  Andy  with  all  my  heart.  Before  even  coming  back  here,  there  was  something  I  felt  for  him. 

But,  we  know  what  ends  up  happening  in  the  end  and  it  scares  me. 

 I was  sent  back  here  to  change  what  happen  perhaps?  My  mind  was  racing.  Before  long,  Andy  drew  me  back  from  my  thoughts.

"Darling,  are  you  ok?  You  seem  uneasy.  What's  the  matter?"  Andy  asked  puzzled.

I  sat  up  from  his  arms.

"Let  me  go  Andy.  I  need  air,"  I  ran  to  the  backyard  to  catch  some  oxygen.

"Love  what's  the  matter?  You  are  terrifying  me  love,"  Andy's  voice  echoed   distantly.  

I  struggled  with  anxiety  before  in  the  new  world.  Because  of  distraction  recently,  it  seemed  to  easy  up.  But,  with  everything  rolling  towards  me,  I  felt  alone  and  helpless.  Running  away  from  Andy  to  the  backyard  wasn't  make  it  easier.  But,  I  felt  embarrassed.

I  fell  to  my  knees  under  the  orange  tree  and  put  my  face  in  my  hands.  I  tried  to  mellow  out  my  breathing.  I  could  hear  Andy  on  the  phone.

"Barry,  she's  hysterical.  I  don't  know  what's  wrong, "  Andy  said  through  tears.

"You  got  to  snap  out  of  this  (Y/N).  You  are  fine.  You  are  loved.  You  are  on  a  mission," I  kept  repeating  myself.  

"(Y/N),  love,  darling.  Listen  to  me.  Look  at  me  love.  Focus  on  my  eyes,"  Andy  said   kneeling  in  front  of  me.

I  removed  my  hands  from  my  eyes.  He  brought  my  hands  around  his  neck.

"Look  at  me  love.  What's  the  matter?  You  are  ok  love.  I  am  here  with  you.  Breathe,"  Andy  said  in  a  whisper. 

"Andy,  it's,  I'm  having  a  panic  attack,"  I  told  him  with  a  quiver.  

I  don't  really  know  how  important  mental  health  was  back  in  the  1970s.  Did  they  focus  on  it  at  all?  Would  Andy  know  what  I  was  talking  about? 

"Darling,  breathe.  Is  there  something  bothering  you  love?"  Andy  asked.  

"It's  just  darling,  a  lot  of  stuff  has  become  heavy  on  me  love.   It  just  seems  like  everything  is  happening  so  fast,"  I  told  him.

Andy  pulled  me  into  his  lap  and  just  held  me.  He  carrased  my  hair  and  kissed  my  face.  

"We  don't  have  to  talk  about  it  darling.  Just  let  me  hold  you,"  Andy  said  in  my  ear.  

Everything  calmed  down  and  I  was  centered  again.