Chapter 100 Thanksgiving in Florida

*November 1981*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  are  in  Florida  for  Thanksgiving  with  Barry  &  Linda,  Mo, and  Robin

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Florida  is  still  warm  this  time  of  year.   This  year,  Barry  and  Linda  invited  us  to  their  home  in  Florida  for  Thanksgiving  to  celebrate.

Maurice  and  Robin  picked  me  and  Andy  up  at  the  airport.

"Hello  loverbirds,"  Mo  greeted  us  from  the  passenger  seat  at  the  parking  spot.

"Oh, Maurice  you  always  got  something  to  say,  eh?"  Andy  said  laughing.

Robin  was  in  the  driver  seat.  He  popped  the  trunk  for  us  to  put  our  luggage  in.

"Don't  squish  the  cake  on  the  left  side  of  the  trunk!"  Robin  shouted.

"No  worries  I    can  see  it  Robbo,"  I  said  laughing.

"If  he  is  Robbo,  what  am  I?"  Maurice  asked  me.

"Your  MoMo,  Mo,"  I  said  giggling.

"Can  I  buy  a  new  sister-in-law?"  Maurice  asked  Andy  laughing.

"Not  a  chance,"  Andy  said  shaking  his  head. 

We  got  the  luggage  situated  and  got  into  the  backseat.

"Barry  and  Linda  were  finishing  up  cleaning  the  guest  room  for  you  guys.  They  would  have  been  with  us,"  Robin  said  pulling  onto  the  freeway.

"Are  mum  and  dad  flying  in  to?"  Andy  asked.

"Mum  is  coming  later  today.  Dad  had  some  business  to  finish  up  so  he'll  be  here  tomorrow,"  Maurice  said  lighting  a  cigarette.

I  just  stared  out  the  window,  looking  as  the  palm  trees  passed  by.

"You  ok  darling?"  Andy  asked  me.

"Yeah   I'm  just,  uh  tired,  that's  all,"  I  told  him.

"Well  once  we  get  settled,  we  can  take  a  nap,"  Andy  said  grabbing  my  hand.

Honestly,  I  was  tired  of  going  all  the  time.  It's  been  non-stop  since  my  wedding.

I  was  so  glad  this  Thanksgiving  all  I  had  to  do  was  show  up  and  make  my  famous  Sweet  Potato  Pie.

We  soon  arrived  at  Barry  and  Linda's  and  Linda  ran  down  the  stairs  to  greet  us.

"(Y/N)!!!!!"  Linda  shouted  engulfing  me  in  a  hug.

"Hiiiiii!"  I  replied.

I  hadn't  seen  Linda  since  July  when  my  tour  was  in  Jacksonsville,  FL.

"How  are  you?"  Linda  asked  carrying  my  luggage  for  me.

"I'm  just  tired!  How  are  you?"  I  asked  her  as  she  walked  us  into  the  house.

I  could  hear  Andy,  Mo  and  Robin  talking  amongst  themselves.

"When  you  put  two  women  together,   all  they  care  about  is  them  two,"  Mo  said  laughing.

"To  defend  them,  I  will  say  they  haven't  seen  each  other  in  several  months,"  Andy  said.

"True.  I  hadn't  seen  you  guys  since  then  either.  Barry's  been  in   California  because  of  Andy's  album  so  does  seeing  him  count  as  seeing  you?"  Robin  pondered.

"That  was  a  weird  question  Robin  haha,"  Mo  responded.

Linda  and  me  made  it  to  the  guest  room  and  she  put  the  luggage  down  for  me.

"So  did  you  hear?"  Linda  asked  me.

"Huh?"  I  asked  her.

"Barry  is  stuck  in  England  doing  promotional  stuff   for  Living  Eyes.  He  isn't  going  to  be  home  in  time  for  Thanksgiving,"  Linda  told  me.

"Andy  is  going  to  be  so  bummed,"  I  told  her. 

Andy  came  into  the  room.

"Mo  told  me  Barry  isn't  going  to  home  in  time  for  Thanksgiving,"  Andy  said  sad.

"It's  ok  love.  We  can  have  a  second  Thanksgiving  next  week  when  Barry  is  in  California  with  us,"  I  said  smiling.

"Plus,  Andy,  Barry  said  he'd  call  us  and  talk  to  us  while  we  eat  Thanksgiving  dinner,"  Linda  said  smiling.

"I  guess  things  happen  for   a  reason,"  Andy  said  unpacking.

"Everything  happens  for  a  reason,  whether  we  know  the  reason  why  love,"  I  told  Andy  giving  him  a  hug  from  behind.

"I'll  let  you  guys  get  settled,"  Linda  said  leaving  the  room.

"Let's  just  take  a  nap  darling,"  Andy  said  monotoned.

We  layed  down  and  just  rested  as  the  time  zone  difference  and  jet  lag  were  beginning  to  hit  us.  This  Thanksgiving   would  be  a  new  one  in  the  books.