Chapter 15 A Bite of the Apple

*(Y/N)  is  flying  out  to  New  York  to  meet  up  and  surprise  Karen.  It's  now  February  1979.  Andy  will  join  her  in  a  few  days*

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  is  the  day  I  head  to  New  York.  This  is  the  first  time  I'll  be  visiting  New  York.  I  do  have  butterflies  about  the  flight.  Andy  will  be  joining  me  later.  He  is  taping  a  show  for  the  Donny  and  Marie  Valentines  Day  show.  

I  had  brought  Karen  a  goodie  box  to  bring  California  to  New  York.    Being  homesick  isn't  the  best,  I  should  know.  I  feel  that  way  now  adventuring  by  myself  across  the  country.  

I  landed  in  New  York  and  immediately  headed  for  my  hotel.   I  knew  right  away  the  timezone  difference  would  eventually  get  me.  It  was  about 10 AM when  I  landed.  

I  called  Karen  from  the  hotel,  nonchalantly  to  ask  her  what  she  was  doing.  She  was  on  the  floor  above  me.  

"Hey  Karen!"  I  answered  enthusiastically.

"Hey (Y/N)!  How  are  you?"  Karen  asked  me.

"It's  going  well! I  just  wanted  to  say  hi!  Am  I  interrupting  you?" I  asked  her  indirectly. 

"No  not  at  all.  I  am  eating  a  late  breakfast  actually  before  heading  to  the  studio  with  Phil,"  she  said  with  smile.

"Ok  awesome,  I  just  wanted  to  check  in  on  you  girl.  I  know  you've  been  feeling  home  sick,"  I  said  with  a  smirk.

"That's  so  nice  of  you  (Y/N).  I  wanna  finish  my  breakfast  so  I'll  call  you  when  I  get  home  from  recording,"  Karen  said  with  a  munch.

"Ok   Karen,  take  care!"  I  said  rushed.

"Bye!"  Karen  said  fast.

I  gathered  my  goodie  bag  for  Karen  and  got  my  stuff  that   I  would  need  for  the  day  at  the  studio  with  Karen.  

I  left  the  room  and  headed  to  the  elevator.

I  arrived  at  Karen's  door  and  knocked.  I  was  sort  of  nervous  for  her  reaction.

I  spoke  with  a nasal voice,  "Uh  it's  the  cleaning  lady!"

Karen  responded  with  a  puzzled  voice,  "Hold  on  one  second  I'm  coming!"  

Karen  opens  the  door  with  a  rough  swing.

"Hello  uh  OH  MY  GOSH  WHAT  (Y/N)!"  Karen  said  in  a  screaming  voice.

"Hey  uh  surprise  KC!"  I  said  handing  her  flowers  and  the  goodie  bag.

"What,  what  are  you  doing  here?  I  thought  you  couldn't  fly  out?"  Karen  said  with  excitement.  

"That's  the  point  KC!  A  surprise!"  I  told  Karen  as  she  pulled  me  into  her  room.

"You  are  going  with  me  to  the  studio  today  no  ifs  or  buts  about  it!"  Karen  said  walking  to  grab  a  vase   for  her  flowers.  

"I  had  to  come  see  my  big  sister  recording  her  solo   album!"  I  told  her  happily.  

"Well  today   I  am  recording  the  title  song,  Lovelines  today  along  with   If  We  Try.  Phil  also  has  the  final  mixes  on  My  Body  Keeps  Changing  My  Mind  and  a  few  others  I've  recorded  already.  I  am  so  excited  you  are  here!"  Karen  said  rambunctiously.  

 "I  cannot  wait  to  hear  your  songs  KC!  You've  grown  up  so  much  since  I  last  saw  you,"  I  told  Karen  quitely.  

"Let's  catch  a  cab  to  the  studio!"   Karen  said  while  grabbing  my  arm  and  heading  out  the  door.

I  finally  was  taking   a  big  bite  of  the  apple  I  didn't  know  I  would.