Chapter 17 Dilemmas

*It's  April  1979.  (Y/N)  has  flown  back  to  California  despite  Karen  not  having  finished  her  album  yet.  (Y/N)  had  the  chance  to  make  a  name  for  herself.  Andy  is  busy  working  on  his  music.  (Y/N)  has  been  in  the  new  world  for  almost  a  year  now,  and  nothing  has  changed.*

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Since   Karen  and  Richard  are  still  on  a  break  from  the  Carpenters,  I've   decided  to  explore  new  avenues  I  would  not  have  in  the  new  world  I  am  from.  I  decided   to   see  my  abilities  of  recording  a  single  by myself.  

I  decided  to  discuss  it  with  Karen  and  Richard  about  me  making  my  own  music.  

Karen  was  for  it.  Richard,  not  so  much.   I  didn't necessarily need  their   permission  to  do  my  own  music.   But,  because  of  not  really  knowing  how  I  landed  in  this  position  of  working  for  them,  I  decided  to  venture  other  avenues  for  now  till  Karen  was  back  in  California.  

I  decided  to  audition  for  a  role  on  Charlies  Angels.  This  could  be  a  good  way  to  get  my  name  out  their   even  more so  to  the  public.   I  honestly  had  no  acting  skills  but  I  wanted  to  give  it  a  shot  since  I  never  had  done  so  in  my  new  world  life.

I  went  to  the  audition.  I  remembered  to  be  strong  like  Jaclyn  Smith's  character  and  smart  like   Kate  Jackson.   The  role  was  for  a    woman  who  needed  help  from  the  Angels  because  she  was  being  stalked  by  an  ex-boyfriend,  who  kept  trying  to  kill  her.  

Nervously,  I  went  in,  signed   in,  and  got   siutated.

One  of  the  directors  called  out,  "You  each  will  be  doing  a  screen-test  with  the  actresses  from  the  show."  

"(Y/N) (L/N),  you  are  up  first  come  on  down,"  a  lady  with  glasses  announced.  

I  walked  up  confidently  as  best  as  I  could  to  the  area  of  audition.

"Miss.  (Y/N),  this  is  Jaclyn  Smith  and  Cheryl  Ladd.  They  will  run  the  lines  with  you,"  the  lady  with  glasses  spoke.

I  got  starstruck  a  bit  seeing  two  female  icons  right  in  front  of  me.  

"Hello  Miss.  Smith  and  Miss.  Ladd,  it's  so  nice  to  meet  you  both,"  I  politely spoke  and  reached  my  hand  out. 

"Hi  there!  Nice  to  meet  you  too.  Where  would  you  like  to  start  reading  lines?"  Cheryl  said.

"Uh,  we  can  start  from  my  character's  first  line?"  I  asked  curiously.

"That  works  for  me ,"  Jaclyn  smiled  and  said. 

We  ran  through  the  script.  I  felt  I  did  pretty  decent.  I  have  read  a  few  plays  for  school  before  so  I  kind  of  knew  what  to  expect.

"Miss.  (Y/N),  please  follow  Mr. Johnson  to  the  back.  He'll  take  you  to  Mr. Spelling  in  the   back,"  the  lady  with  the  glasses   said.  

Either  two  things:  I  did  horrible  or  I  said  something  wrong. 

They  took  me  to  the  back   to  meet  with  Mr.  Spelling.   

"This  is  Miss.  (Y/N),  I  think  she'd  be  a  great  replacement  for  Kate's  role,"  the  lady  with  the  glasses  spoke.

I  was   puzzled.  I  know  Kate  Jackson  left  the  show  at  the  end  of  season 3 ,  but  was  I  changing   history  and  replacing  Shelly  Hack?

"Nice  to  meet  you,  Miss.  (Y/N).  I  am  hoping   to  discuss  a  contract  with  you.  Have  you  ever  acted  before?"  Mr.  Spelling  asked  me.

"Uh  no  sir.  This  would  be  my  first  professional  role.  I  am  a  backup  singer  for  the  group  Carpenters,"  I  told  Mr.  Spelling.

"Interesting.  You  fit  the  look  for  the  new  girl  we  are  wanting  to  replace  Sabrina  with.   Your  name  would  be  Tiffany  Wells,  coming  from  Boston,"  Spelling  elaborated. 

"I  am  interested  to  hear  more  about  the  new  angel,  sir,"  I  spoke  professionally.  

"We  start  shooting  the  new  season  in  3  weeks  Miss.  (Y/N),"  Spelling  told  me.

"If  you  wouldn't   mind  Mr.  Spelling,  I  have  some  things  to  think   about,"  I  told  him.  

"Here  is  my  personal  number.  Please  think  about  it,"  Spelling   told  me.  

"I  will  sir.  Thank  you,"  I  said  extending  my   hand.

I  was  then  escorted  out  his  office.

 I  had  so  much   to  think  about  now.