Chapter 16 A Slice of New York

*Andy  is   flying  in  now  to  New  York to  be  with  (Y/N).    It's   the   middle  of  February  1979.  Karen  is  going  strong  on  her  solo  album.  (Y/N)  and  Andy  are  celebrating  Valentine's  Day  a  bit  later  since  they  weren't  together  on  the  actual  day.*

Andy's  POV:

Since  I  was  stuck  filming  the  Donny  and  Marie  Show  the  week  of  Valentine's  Day,  I   decided  to  plan  a  surprise  date  for  me  and  (Y/N). 

 This  is  our  first  Valentine's  together,  which  makes  it  extra  special.    I  am  flying  into  New  York  today.  I  didn't   tell  (Y/N)  that  I  was  coming  today.  I  just  told  her  I'd  be  there  in  a  few  days.

I  had  called  the  week  before  I  flew  out  and  made  reservations  at  an  Italian   restaurant  called  Asti.   

Before   I  arrived  at  (Y/N)'s  hotel,  I  had  ordered  her  a  2  dozen  rose  bouquet  of  yellow  and  pink  roses.   I  wrote  her  a  note,  "Here  is  to  our  first  Valentine's  Day  together.  Many   to  go.  Love  the  Australian  Aussie  who  stole  your  heart."

I  got  to  her  hotel  (which  I  would  be  staying  at  too),  and  rode  the  elevator  up  to  her  room.

I  had  grabbed  some  balloons  to  "hide"  behind  when  I  got  to  the  hotel.

I  knocked  on  the  door  and  she  took  a  while  to  come  to  the  door.

"How  can  I  help  you?"  she  asked  through  the  door.  

She  was  very  CAUTIOUS  because  she  was  alone  in  New  York  after  all. 

"Uh  its  a  delivery  for  Miss.  (Y/N)  Gibb,"  I  said  with  a  chuckle.

She  ripped  the  door  open  so  fast.  Because  of  my  accent,  she  knew  exactly  who  it  was.

"Darling?  Is   that  you?"  (Y/N)  said  happily.

"Uh  surprise  love!"  I  said,  trying  not  to  lose  the  balloons.

"Come  in  love,  I've  missed  you!"  she  said   while  hugging  my  torso.

"I've  missed  you  too  darling,"  I  told  her  while  tieing   the  balloons   to  a  chair  in  her  room.

She  could  now  properly  hug  me  and  we  just  held  each  other  for  a  while.  I  just  don't  know  what  it  is  about  our  connection.  I  feel  something  I've  never  felt  before.  

She  peppered  my  face  with  kisses.   I  could  tell  she  missed  me  a  lot.

"I  missed  you  too  darling.  Let's  sit  down  and  catch  up,"  I  told  her  while  holding  her  waist.

I  scanned  the  room  for  the  flowers  I  ordered  her.

"I  was  going  to  call  you  and   tell  you   thank  you  for  the  beautiful  flowers,"  she  mumbled.  

"It's  ok  darling.  Now  I'm  here  and  I  can  say  you're  welcome  love,"  I  said  kissing  her  forehead.  

"Are  you  hungry  love?  We  can  order  room  service  or  go  and   eat  at  a  restaurant?"  (Y/N)  curiously  asked.  

"Actually  love,  why  don't  you  dress  up  fancy?  We  have  a  reservation  for  dinner,"  I  said   while   slyly  look  at  her.  

"What  really  darling?"  (Y/N)  said  excitedly.

"Yes  love,  go   get  dressed  up  fancy  so  we  can  celebrate  our  own  Valentine's  Day.

She  hugged  me  again  and  headed  off  to  her  closet  to  find  her  favorite  "fancy"  outfit.

We  headed  to  our  date  and  celebrated  our   Valentine's Day.