Chapter 47 An Everlasting Love

*January  1980*

Andy  and  (Y/N)  take  a  trip  to  Palm  Springs  to  celebrate  (Y/N)  in  between  recording  her  new  album.

(Y/N)'s POV:

Andy  planned  a  spontaneous  weekend  trip  to  Palm  Springs.  Not  only  was  he  upset  I   never  reminded  him  of  my  birthday.  

Well,   speaking  of  that,  I  honestly  never  wanted  to  celebrate  my  birthday  in  this  world.  Just  because  it  said  on  the  birth  certificate  that  I  found  it  was  the  same  birthday  didn't  mean  anything  to  me.  

So,  because  I  was  defiant,  Andy  is  making  it  up  to  me  by  planning  a  trip  to  Palm  Springs. 

We  took  our  little  private  plane   this  morning   so  we  could   have  peace  and quiet.

Andy  booked  us  a  room  at  Ace  Hotel  &  Swim  Club.  They  even  upgraded  us  to   a  honeymoon  suite  (even  though  we  are  still  only  engaged).

"Here  we  are  darling  our  room,"  Andy  said  while  pulling  our  suitcases  behind  him.

"Oooh  this  so  beautiful  love.  You  did  a  good  job  choosing  a  hotel,"  I  told  him  as  I  walked  around  inspecting  the  room.

"Well  yeah  darling,   it's  all  the  best  for  you  so  we  can  celebrate  you,"  Andy  told  me  kissing  my  face.

"Thank  you  for  always  making  me  feel  special  love,"  I  told  him.

"Of  course  darling.  I'm  so  lucky  to  call  you  fiance,"  Andy  said  smirking  at  me.

I  grabbed  my  suitcase  and  pulled  out  all  my  makeup,  hair  stuff,  bath  stuff  etc.

Today's  Friday,  we  wouldn't  fly  home  till  Monday  afternoon  so  I  might  as  well  settle  in.

"Darling  do  you  want  to  out  for  some  brunch  or  do  you  want  to  order  room  service?"  Andy  asked  me  while  I  was  freshing  up  my  makeup.  

"Hmmm  well  I  could  go  for  some  waffles  and  some  coffee,"  I  said  powdering  my  face.

"Darling  the  room  service  has  waffles  and  coffee  or  Le Vallauris  is  a  popular  brunch  spot,"  Andy  dragged  on.

"Butttttttt,"  I  started  off, "if  we  get  room  service  we  can  get  lots  of  cuddles  in."

"Hmmmm  you're  right  darling.   Cuddles  and  brunch  sounds  way  better,"   Andy  said  while  pulling  out  the  room  service  menu.

"I  want  a  cup  of  fruit  too  with  my  waffles,  and  some  coffee,"  I  told  Andy  over  his  shoulder.

"Are  you  sure  you  don't  want  anything  else?"  Andy  asked  me.

"I'm  sure  love  thank  you,"  I  said  in  response.

"Ok  I'll  go   ahead  and  call  this  in.  Go  and  get  comfy  darling,"  Andy  ushered  me  towards  my  suitcase. 

I  went  ahead  and  changed  into  my  favorite  black  bell  sleeve  jumpsuit.  

After  I  freshened  up,   Andy  went  and  got  comfy.  Our  first  day  on  our  trip  was  gonna  be  spent  enjoying  good  food  and  cuddles.  

After  room  service  came,  I   happily  ate  my  waffles.   There  was   just  something  so  good  about  these  waffles  in  this  era.  Food  doesn't   have  the  same  meaning  as  it  should  in  the  future.

Andy  got  eggs,  bacon,  toast (with  jam  and  butter),  and  some  coffee  too.  We  both  loved  our  coffee.  

After  we  ate,  we  ended  up  kicking  back  and  watching  TV  and  cuddled.  

While  we  sat   and  enjoyed  each  other's  company,   I scribbled  some  new  songs  I  was  thinking  about  to  take  back  to  the  studio  Tuesday.

"Breakfast  in  bed,  dreaming  my  life  away,  your  love  surrounds  me,"  I  sang  under  my  breath.

"Whatcha  singing  about  darling?"  Andy  sat  up  to  look  over  my  shoulder.

"I  have  this  tune  stuck  in  my  head   Andy  and  I'm  coming  up  with  lyrics,"  I  told  him  while  I  wrote.

"Your  love  surrounds  me,  baby  I  can't  take  it,"  Andy  sang  to  me.

"Swimming  in  a  pool  of  love,  dreaming  my  days  away,  you  come  along  and  sweep  me  away,"  I  sang  back  to  him.

"Our  love  comes  together  and  brings  a  new  feeling  with  a  breeze,"  Andy  continued. 

"Love  never  came  so  easy  til  we,  uh,"  I  sang.

"Til  we  became  one,"  Andy  softly  sang  as  I  wrote.

"Darling,  we  should  make  this  a  duet  on  my  album,"  I  curiously  asked.

"We  could  love.  That's  up  to  you,"  Andy  said  while  wrapping  his  arm  around  me.

"Then  you  are  coming  to   the  studio  with  me  on  Tuesday  then  to  help  Rich  and  Karen  arrange  this  song,"  I  told  Andy. 

"It's  a  deal  then  darling.  I  would  love  to  sing  a  duet  with  you,"  Andy   said  while  he  layed  down  and  got  comfortable.

I  soon  followed  as  we   enjoyed  some  reruns  of  I  Dream  of  Jeannie