Chapter 19 Angels Play with Matches

*middle  of April  1979*

*(Y/N)  has  to  make  her  final  decision  on  her  possibility  to  become  a  breakout  star  on  TV.   Karen  is  on  a  break  back  to  Downey  from  recording  for  a  few  days.   Andy  is  writing  songs  for  his  next  album*

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  was  the  day  I  had  to  decide  if  I'd  take  a  leap  of  faith  and   not   take  the  part  on  Charlie's  Angels.  I  know  my  destiny  is  to  fix  Karen  and  Andy,  but  I  can  not  be  here  permanently.  

Karen  and  I  planned  on  getting  lunch.  She  wanted  to  eat  at   our  usual.  We  decided  to  ditch  the  wigs  today.  

"I've  got  Peter  Cetera  recording  some  vocals  for  a  song  Phil  really  likes!"  Karen   excitedly  told  me  while  sipping  her  iced  tea.

"What's  the  name  of  the  song  KC?  Do  I  know  it?"  I  asked  Karen  curiously.

The  only  problem   is  I  had  to  play  dumb  because   coming  from  present  time,  I  absolutely  adored  her  solo  album.

"It's  called  Making  Love  in  The  Afternoon.  Do  you  think it's too  racy?"  Karen  asked  quiet.

"Oh  KC  that  sounds  like  a  romantic  song! It's  not  racy.  You  are  growing  up  Karen,  fans  have  to  realize  it,"  I  told  her  while  sipping  my  Diet  Coke.

"Phil  also   found  this  song,  Still  in  Love  With  You.  I  think  it's  really  cute  and  similar  to  a  Carpenters  song,"  Karen  said  handing  me  a  cassette  tape.

"I  bet  you  sound  amazing  KC! I  can't  wait  to  hear  it,"  I  said  enthusiastically. 

This  cassette  is  one  item  I  hope  I  can  keep  forever.  

After  we  finished  lunch,  me  and  Karen  went  shopping  for  some  new  jumpsuits  and  shoes.

I  ended  up  calling  Spelling  in  between  the  lunch  and  shopping  turning  him  down.  I  couldn't  change  history  this  much.  

*later  in  the  day*

Driving  home  from  the  morning  out  with  Karen,  I  was  jamming  to  my  Bee  Gees  8-track.  No  shame  right?  I  loved  their  music  before  coming  to  this  time  period  anyhow.

My  favorite  song,  Fanny (Be  Tender  With  My  Love)  came  on  and  I  immediately  cranked  the  dial.  

By  the  way,  did  I  ever  mention  in  this  era  the  car  I  was  "gifted" was a  1977 Plymouth Fury Steel Blue  to  drive?

I  was  too  involved  in  the  song  when  I  pulled  up  to  the  house  me  and  Andy  shared  because  I  never  heard  him  open  the  backseat  door.

"FANNY  BE  TENDER  WITH  MY  LOVE   YOU  KNOW  HOW  EASY  IS  TO   HURT  ME,"  I  sang  loudly,  sounding  like  a  Bee  Gee.

"Ooooh  (Y/N)  be  tender  with  my  love,"  Andy  sang  near  my  ear

I  got  chills  down  my  spine  while  my  heart  pounded.  I  looked  in  the  rearview  mirror  and  saw  the  Aussie  face  looking  right  back  at  me.

"Andy, are  you  trying  to  give  me  a  heart  attack?"  I  said.

"No  love,  are  you  trying  to  get  a  complaint  from  the  neighbors  for  loud  music?"  Andy  asked  sacrastically.  

"You  are  too  much  sometimes  love,"  I  told  Andy  turning  around  giving  him  a  kiss.

I  turned  the  car  off  and  headed  inside  with  Andy  with  my  bags  from  shopping.

"You  got  some  new  clothes  love?  Did  you  say  yes  to  Spelling?"  Andy  asked  curiously  looking  in  the  bags.

"No  I  didn't  say  yes  love.  I  feel  like  I  have  something  better  to  do  while  I'm  alive,"  I  said  with  a  mumble.

It  was  like  a  instant  queue  for  the  phone  to  ring.  

"Hello  this  is  (Y/N)  speaking.  How  can  I  help  you?"  I  spoke  into  the  phone.

"We  are  calling  to  see  if  you'd  like  to  be  a  guest  on  Match  Game  for  next  week?  Karen   suggested  we  call  you   to  see  if   you  would  be  interested  since  she  can't,"  a  lady  spoke.

"I  would   be  thrilled  to  guest  star  ma'am!  Please  give  me  any  details?"  I  asked  happily.

I  somehow  knew  Charlies  Angels  was  not  destiny.  I  may  be  an  angel  but  I'd  get  to  make  matches.

"We  will  send  you  the  information  to  the  address   attached  to  your  profile  Karen  provided.  Make  sure  to  bring  5   days  of  wardrobe!"  the  lady  spoke  excitedly.  

"Ok  thank  you  so  much!"  I  was  thrilled.  

Match  Game  was  one  of  my  favorite  shows  to  watch.  Now,  in  another  universe  I  could  be  a  celebrity  to  match  with.  

"So,   who  was  on  the  phone  love?"  Andy  asked  curiously.

"I  am  the  new  celebrity  panelist  on  next  week's  Match  Game  love!"  I  said  with  a  jump.

"That's  great  love!  I  am   so  excited  for  you!"  Andy  picked  me  up  and  spinned  me.

Let's  see  what  this  next  adventure  brings.