Chapter 38 Waiting

*still  December  1979*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  are  settling  in  to  watch  Christmas  in  Connecticut.  It's  one  of  the  last  calm  days  before  the  holiday  rush  and  New  Year  are   upon  them.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

The  last  few  days  have  been  so  busy  with  meetings  and  the  holiday  season  rush.

Andy  and  I  decided  since   one  of  the  local  stations  was   playing  Christmas  in  Connecticut,  we'd  make  a  stay  at  home  kind  of  date.

We  decided  to  make  some  homemade teriyaki chicken  and  rice  and  home made  egg  rolls   for dinner.  For  dessert,  we  wanted  something  simple  so  we  made  vanilla  ice  cream  cones.

"Darling, did  you  get  the  rice  cooking  yet?"  Andy  asked  from  across  the  kitchen.

"Yes  Andy  it's  got  about  5  minutes  left,"  I  responded  rolling  the  egg rolls.

"The  chicken  smells  good.  I'm  going  to  check  on  it  love,"  Andy  said   peeking  into  the  oven. 

I  turn  the  pan  on  to  heat  up  the  oil  before  frying  the  eggrolls.

Andy  takes  a  spoon  from  the  drawer  to  taste  the  eggroll  mixture.

"Love  you  have  perfect  taste.  This  is  so  good,"  Andy  said   with  a  mouthful.  

"Haha  thanks, darling.  I  try  my  best,"  I  said  dropping  the  first  eggroll  in  the  oil.

"Here's  a  plate  with  a  paper towel  to  put  the  done  egg  rolls  on,"  Andy  said  handing  me  the  plate.

"Thanks  love," I  said  flipping  the  eggrolls  over.

It's  hard  to  believe  how  fast  this  year  has  gone  in  this  era.   Christmas  will  be  here  soon.

I  finished  frying  the  eggrolls  as  Andy  finished  the  rice  and  chicken.

"I'll  get  some  bowls  and  cups  out  darling," Andy  responded  from  the  cabinet,  getting  stuff  out.

"Do  we  want  to  eat  at  the  table  or  eat  in  front  of  the  television?"  I  asked  him.

"Why  don't  we  break  tradition  and  watch  television?"  Andy  responded  pouring  some  ice  into  the  cups.

"Ok  love  that  sounds  good,"  I  said  getting  silverware  out.

"Dinner  is  ready  love  lets  eat,"   Andy  said  handing  me  a  bowl. 

We  made  our  way  to  the  couch   and  ate  contently.

Andy  and  I  shared  turns  doing   dishes  and  got  the  kitchen  spotless.

Christmas  in  Connecticut  was  to  start  at  8pm,  it  was  now  7:15  so  I  wanted  to  take  a  quick  shower  so  I  could  be  comfy  watching  the  movie.

After   I  was  done  showering,  I  put  my  hair  is  a  big  braid  and  put  on  my  favorite  Christmas  pajamas  with  my  slippers.

Andy  soon  took  over  the  bathroom  so  he  could  be  comfy  too  watching  the  movie.  

Our  attention  spans  sometimes  don't  last   and  we  tend  to  fall  asleep  easy.

While  he  was  finishing  up  his  shower,  I  got  our   ice  cream  cones  made  and  popped  some  popcorn  too. 

 Andy  came  down  the  stairs   and  kissed  my  cheek  when  he  came  into  the  kitchen.  His  hair  was  wet  and  it  dripped  on  my  face.  I  handed  Andy  his  ice  cream  cone.  

"Thank  you  darling,"  Andy  said  taking  the  cone.

"Now  lets  get  comfy  on  the  couch,"  I  said  grabbing  the  bowl  of  popcorn  and  my  cone.

We  got  comfy  with  a  big  blanket  and  the  popcorn  between  us.  The  movie  started   just  about  the  time  we  finished  our  ice  cream.  

I  forgot  how  good  Barbara  Stanwyck  was  as  actress.  The  holiday  season   wasn't  complete  without  watching  this  movie.  Sitting  here  with  Andy  made  everything  I  ever  dreamed  of  complete.  

"Are  you  dosing  off  already  darling?"  I  whispered  to  Andy.

"Yes  don't  judge  me,"  he  said  laughing  and  yawning.

Because  of  the  change  of  events,  Andy  wasn't   use  to  night  life.  Neither  was  I.  We  both  were  content  being  in  our  pjs  and  in  bed  by  10 every night.  But  that's  reaching  for  the  stars.

I  put  the  bowl  of  popcorn  on  the  coffee  table  and  scooted  closer   to  Andy.  His  arms  wrapped  around  me  safely  and  we  absorbed  each  others  presences.  Our  breathing  synced  and  we  eventually  dosed  off  in  front   of  the  tv.

It  was  now  probably  2-3  in  the  morning  and  I  woke  up  to  movement.  I  realized  I  was  in  midair  in  Andy's  arms.  I  was  very  confused.

"Shh  love  were  going  to  bed.  We  fell  asleep  in  front  of  the  television,"  Andy  whispered  in  my  ear.

He  gently  placed  me  on  the  bed  and  crawled  into  bed  himself.  He  scooted  closer  and  we  fell  back  to  sleep  contently  as  always.