Chapter 151 Mountains in Spring Time

*late  January  1982*

(Y/N)  and  Karen  go  to  lunch  after  hiking.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  was  the  day  me  and  Karen  finally  had  some  time  to  meet  up  after  all  the  crazy  holidays.  We  went  to  our  favorite  brunch  spot  in  Downey  after  we  went  hiking.

"It's  been  so  long  girl  I'm  so  glad  we  can  eat  our  favorite  spot,"  Karen  said  as  she  looked  over  the  menu.

"I  know  it's  been  too  long  KC.  I'm  glad  our  schedules  finally  synced,"  I  said  sipping  my  latte.

"Are  you  gonna  get  your  usual?"  Karen  asked  curiously.

"Actually  um,  probably  not  haha  this  buttermilk  waffles  with  strawberries  looks  pretty  good  this  morning,"  I  told  Karen  as  I  looked  over  the   options.

"Ooooh  that  does  sound  good,"  Karen  said  looking  at  the  waffles.

The  waiter  came  and  took  our  order  and  me  and Karen  talked  while  we  waited  for  our  food.

"You  and  Andy  doing  good?"  Karen  asked  sweetly.

"Haha  yes  of  course  we  are,"  I  replied.

I  noticed  that  she  was  wearing  the  necklace  and  earrings  I  got  her  for  Christmas.

"The  necklace  and  earrings  look  beautiful  on  you,"  I  told  Karen.

"Aw  thanks  girl!  They  are  probably  my  favorite  set  ever,"  Karen  replied.

"I  got  them  at  this  little  boutique  at  the  mall.  The  shop  owner  Jessica  was  so  kind,"  I  replied  to  Karen.

"We'll  need  to  plan  a  shopping  day  so  you  can  show   me  where  the  shop  is  at,"  Karen  replied. 

"Oooh  yes  we  should  do  a  shopping  day  for  your  birthday  coming  up!"  I  told  her  taking  a  sip  of  orange  juice. 

Just  about  this  time,  the  waiter  came  out  with  our  food.

"These  waffles  are  HUGE,"  I  said  staring  at  my  plate.

"Those  are  the  fluffiest  waffles  I   have  ever  seen,"  Karen  said  laughing.

I  grabbed  the  butter  and  started  putting  it  on  the  two  waffles.  Call  me  crazy,  but  I  also  put  salt  on  my  waffles.

"You  use  salt  on  your  waffles?"  Karen  asked  confused.

"Yes  I've  done  it  since  I  was  little,"   I  said  nonchalantly.

"I  have  to  try  that  now,"  Karen  said  intrigued.

We  started  eating  and  then  after  a  while  Karen  started  up  another  conversation.

"So  we  are  starting  to  work  on  our  new  album  called  Voice  of  the  Heart,"  Karen  said  happily.

"Oooh  that  sounds  like  fun  KC!  What  genre  of  songs  are  you  guys  looking  at?"  I  asked  her.

"It's  mainly  material  we  recorded  but   didn't  add  to  previous  albums,"  Karen  replied  enthusiastically.

"That's  going  to  fun  Karen!  I'm  so  happy  for  you  guys,"  I  told  her.

"It's  been  a  while  since  we've  been  in  the  studio,"  Karen  said  taking  a  bite  of  her  eggs.

"I  bet  you  and  Rich  have  been  itching  to  get  back  into  the  recording  routine,"  I  told  her  happily.

"Yep  haha  also  Herb  said  he  wants  to  discuss  you  doing  a  mini-concert  series  this  spring  and  summer,"  Karen  asked.

"That  would  be  fun.  I  haven't  been  on  a  tour  in  2  years  I  think,"  I  said  taking  a  bite  of  my  waffle.

"Maybe  if  we  get  the  album  done  before  next  year,  we  could  tour  again  together!"  Karen  said  excitedly.

We  finished  breakfast   and  enjoyed  the  brisk  Downey  air.