Chapter 189 Winter Blues

*December  1983*

(Y/N)  and  Andy's  typical  winter  day.

(Y/N)'s POV:

Andy  and  me  are  just  enjoying  a  day  at  home.  I  don't  have  to  meet  with  Herb  till  tomorrow  before  "winter  vacation"  starts.  Karen  will  be  coming  over  tomorrow  so  we  can  decorate  some  gingerbread  houses  and  make  cookies.

Andy  and  I  each  got  our  gifts  ready  to  wrap  for  each  other.  For  this  Christmas,  I  got  him  a  new  pair  of  white  Nikes  (which  has  become a tradition),  a  new  stereo  for  our  music  room,  and  some  nice  new  satin button-ups (because  those  are  my  favorites).

I  decided  to  wrap  his  gifts  in  the  music  room  while  Andy  chose  our  bedroom  to  wrap  his  gifts  for  me.

Yesterday,  we  shipped  out  his  brothers  gifts  (and  Linda's)  so  they'd  get  there  in  time. 

I  got  all  the  paper  sized   for  the  Nike  shoe  box,  stereo  box  and  the  4  shirt  boxes  I  had  as  well.

"Shoot,"  I  said  as  I  slide  the  scissors  across  the  paper.

I  got  a  minor  paper  cut.

I  came  out  of  the  music  room,  shutting  the  door.  I  headed  to  our  bedroom  since  I  had  bandaids  in  the  medicine  cabinet.

I  knocked  on  the  door.

"Don't  come  in  darling!"  Andy  said  nervously.

"I  need  a  bandaid.  I  cut  myself,"  I  told  him.

The  door  opened  quickly  and  found  Andy  trying  to  cover  my  eyes.

"I'll  guide  you  to  the  bathroom  and  help  you  darling,"  Andy  told  me  sweetly.

"Thanks  love,"  I  replied.

"Just  don't  peek.  The  purpose  of  Christmas  is   for  surprises,"  Andy  told  me.

"I  know  love  haha,"  I  said  as  we  got  to  the  sink  area.  

Andy  removed  his  hand  from  over  my  eyes  and  opened  the  cabinet.  He  pulled  the  bandaid  out  along  with  some  antibotic  cream.

"I  didn't  hurt  myself  that  bad  love,"  I  told  Andy.

"Just  being  precarious.  Wash  your  hand  like  normal  and  pat  it  dry  darling,"  Andy  told  me  in  a  gentle  voice.

"Ok  love," I  said  as  I  followed  his  instructions.

"Does  it  hurt  darling?"  Andy  asked  getting  a  cotton  swap  to  apply  the  antibotic  cream.

"A  bit.  It's  just  burning,"  I  told  him.

"Hold  your  finger  like  that.  Ok  perfect  this  might  sting,"  Andy  told  me  as  he  applied  the  medicine.

"It's  fine  love,"  I  said  with  a  nervous  laugh.

"Ok  here's  the  bandaid,"  Andy  said  wrapping  my  finger  for  me.

"Thank  you  love,"  I  said  kissing  his  forehead,  since  that  was  the  only  thing  in  my  vision  at  that  moment.

"Of  course  darling,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  finger.

"I'll  cover  my  eyes  and  go  back  to  wrapping  your  gifts,"  I  said  as  he  opened  the  bathroom  door.

"I'm  almost  done  with  mine.  Once  I'm  done,  I'll  get  dinner  started,"  Andy  said  helping  me  walk  through  the  bedroom  without  tripping.

"Sounds  good  love,"  I  told  him.

He  walked  with  me  back  to  the  music  room  door  and  kissed  me  again.

"It's  not  like  I  won't  see  you  in  like  30  mintues," I  told  him.

"I  know  darling  haha  I  just  like  giving  you  kisses,"  Andy  replied.

"Ok  see  you  soon,"  I  told  him  as  he  walked  back  to  the  bedroom.

I  got  back  to  wrapping  his  gifts  just  as  the  doorbell  rang  downstairs.

"Dinners  here  darling,"  Andy  called  up  the  stairs.

"Huh?"  I  replied.

"I  told  you  I  was  making  dinner,"  Andy  said  with  a  laugh.

"And  what  are  we  having  for  dinner?"  I  replied  by  cracking  open  the  door.

"Pizza!"  Andy  shouted  from  downstairs.

"I'll  be  down  in  a  bit!"  I  told  him  as  I  finished  wrapping  the  last  shirt  box.  I  signed  the  two  cards  I  got  Andy,  grabbed  all  the  gifts  and  headed  downstairs.

I  put  Andy's  presents  under  the  tree  and  headed  to  the  kitchen  to  enjoy  pizza  with  Andy.