Chapter 58 Braces and Faces (Part 2)

*March 1980*

(Y/N)  is  at  the  doctors  for  her  appointment  to  get a  brace  for  her  ankle.  Andy  is  by  her  side.  

(Y/N)'s POV:

Well  I've  outdone  myself  yet  again.  Guess  who  injured  herself  before  her  upcoming  performance  this  week?  Yes, I did.  I  could  kick  myself  in  the  butt  for  not  paying  attention  to  where  Sam  went.  

Me  and  Andy  are  sitting  in  the  urgent  care  waiting  for  my  brace  fitting.  I  hope  I  didn't  break  my  ankle.   Thank  goodness  for  Andy's  quick  movement  but  it's  still  a  pain  in  the  butt  whichever  way  it  goes.

"I'm  so  sorry  darling  for  this  having  to  happen,"  Andy  told  me  holding  my  hand.

"It's  just  bad  timing  love.  Don't  apologize  you  aren't  the  one  who  cut  me  off  at  the  stairs," I  said  laughing.

"But  you  are  my  baby  darling  and  you  should  never  be  hurt,"  Andy  said  pushing  hair  behind  my  ear. 

"You  do  protect  me  love  but  I'm  a  natural  disaster,"  I  told  him  laughing.

Just  about  now  the  doctor  came  to  go  over  the  x-rays  and  brace  fitting.

"So  Miss.  (Y/N),  it  looks  like  you  sprained  the  ankle  which  is  good  news.  Now  the  bad  news  is,  we  don't  want  you  do  any  strenuous  work  for  the  next  3  weeks  so  it  heals  completely,"  the  doctor  told  me.

"Oh  thank  goodness  I  only  sprained  it,  but  I  have  a  live  concert  coming  up  next  week,  how  would  I  go  about  that?"  I  asked  the  doctor.

"Well  you  can  still  do  that  as  long  as  you  sit  down  for  the  performance.  Your  fans  will  have  to  appreciate  the  fact   you  still  came  to  sing,"  the  doctor  suggested.

"You  better  understand  that  darling.  I  better  not  catch  you  dancing  next  week,"  Andy  said  with  a  laugh. 

"Yes, Miss.  (Y/N)  you  better  listen  to  both  me  and  your  fiance,"  the  doctor  laughed  in  response.

"I  promise  I  won't  be  dancing  next  week,"  I  told  them  both  confidently.

"Now  for  the  rest  of  the  day,  soak  your  ankle  in  Epson  salts  and  then  starting  tonight,  use  this  brace  and  only  take  it  off  when  you  shower,"  the  doctor  explained.

"Should  I  rotate  ice  and  heat  as  well?"  I  asked  the  doctor.

"That  depends  on  the  swelling  so  montior  if  you   need  to  do  that,"  he  told  me  in  response.

"Ok  awesome  Dr.  Lovato.  Thank  you  so  much,"  I  told  him  smiling.

"Thank   you.  Take  care,"  Dr.  Lovato  said  walking  out  of  the  room.  

The  nurse  came  and escorted  me  and  Andy  out   of  the  room  and  we  headed  home.

"I  don't  think  we  have  espon  salts  darling.  We  should  stop  at  the  pharmacy  before  we  go  home love,"  Andy  said.

"Can  you  just  go  in  and  get  some  love?  With  lavender  would  be  good?"  I  told  him   giving  puppy  dog  eyes.

With  my  injury,  I'm  going  to  try  and  take  advantage  of  it.

"Of  course  darling.  Anything  for  you,"  Andy  said  pulling  out  of  the  urgent  care  parking  lot.

We  headed  to  the  pharmacy,  holding   hands  as  he  drove.  Andy  is  so  protective.  God, it  kills  me  if  I  have  to  go  back  to  the  future.  He's  everything  I  dreamed  of  in  a  man  and  it  sucks  one  day  I  may  wake  up  and  its  gone.

We  make  it  to  the  pharmacy  and  Andy  parks  and  heads  in  real  quick. 

I  put  on  my  sunglasses  to  hope  and  avoid  anyone  who  could  recognize  me  or  Andy  in  the  general  public.

I  just  sat  there  with  my  eyes  closed  basking  in  the  fresh  March  sun.  

Soon,  Andy  was  back  with  the  Epson  salts.

"Here  we  are  darling,"  Andy  said  handing  me  the  bag. 

"Thanks  love.  Oooh, you  got  some Reese's cups  too??"  I  asked  him.

"Yes  darling  chocolate  and  cuddles  are  a  perfect  natural  remedy,"  Andy  said  smirking  at  me. 

"Oooh  I'm  being  pampered  today  aren't  I?"  I  said  winking  at  Andy.

"Yes, the  best  for  my  fiance. Now let's take you home and make you feel better" Andy  said  grabbing  my  hand  and  kissing  it.