Chapter 83 Lovelies

*Spring  1981*

(Y/N)  goes  to  rehearsal  for  her  upcoming  tour.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

This  was  day  one  of  rehearsals  for  the  upcoming  tour.   I  was  a  little  bit  nervous  because  this  was  the  first  time  I'd  be  headlining  a  show  all  by  myself.  Karen  and  Richard  are  the  main  act  on  the  tour.  It's  crazy  how  I  went  from  being  apart  of  a  group  to  my  own  person.

We  were  running  through  my  setlist.  Most  of  the  songs  are  from   my  first  album.  I  also  will  be  doing  some  covers  as  well.  

"Rain  dripping  off  the  brim  of  my  hat,"  I  began  singing  the  start  of  Is  Anybody  Goin  to  San  Antone.

The  backing  band  picked  up  speed  surely  enough  and  we  ran  through  the  first  few  songs.  

"Ok  (Y/N)  how  are  you  going  to  want  to  incorporate  the  Andy  duet?"  Herb  asked  from  the  side.

"Well  he  wasn't  going  on  tour  tour  with  me  so  I  wasn't  going  to?"  I  told  Herb  in  response.

"People  are  going  to  want  to  hear  it  though.  You  could  lipsync  but  if  we  ask  Andy  to  join  for  a  few  special  appearances  it'll  boost  the  sales  for  the  show,"  Herb  suggested.

"Andy  will  be  here  in  a  few  anyhow  so  we  can  ask  him  then,"  I  told  Herb  back.

Herb  could  be  very  pushy  at  times.  He  also  saw  more  money  in  me  then  I  did  myself.

I  ran  through  the  wardrobe  department  for  a  few  of  the  outfits  I  was  planning  on  wearing.  The  only  thing  to  change  was  my   shoes  because  Jade  the  wardrobe  director  feared  I'd  sprain  my  ankle  wearing  wedge  heels.  Instead,  I  was  going  to  wear  flats  or  sneakers  depending  on  the  outfit.

I  heard  a  knock  on  the  door  and  it  was  of  course,  my  loving  husband  Andy.

"Ello  darling.  How  are  you?"  Andy  greeted  me  and  hugged  and  kissed  me.

"Just  a  little  overwhelmed  love,"   I  responded  with  a  yawn.

"Don't  sweat  it  darling,"  Andy  told  me  trying  to  reassure  me.

"Well  Herb  wants  to  ask  you  something  so  I'm  just  warning  you,"  I  said  laughing.

"Oh?"  Andy  paused.

"Yeah  oh  he  is  coming  over  just  act  natural,"  I  told  him  quickly.

"Hey Andy,  how  are  you?"  Herb  greeted  Andy.

"I'm  fine  sir  how  are  you?"  Andy  responded.

"Good  good  well  I  have  a  question  to  ask  you,"  Herb  paused  momentarily.

"And?"  Andy  asked.

"Well  we  were  hoping  you'd  appear  at  a  few  shows  with  (Y/N)  on  the  tour  to  perform  the  duets.  She  can  lip  sync  at  most  of  them   or  we  could  re-record  a  live  version  to  have  for  playback,"  Herb  suggested.

"Um well  I  mean  I  was  already  going  to  stay  with  her  for  a  few  shows   so  I  mean  you  can  write  in  the  duet  to  the  setlist,"  Andy  said  pausing  for  a  moment.

"Great  Andy  thanks!"  Herb  said  walking  away.

"So  now  we  will  for  sure  have  time  together  then,"  I  suggested  to  Andy.

"Well  yeah  darling  I  could  not  go  too  long  without   seeing  my  wife,"  Andy  said  kissing  me.

"Don't  distract  me  love.  Come  watch  us  finish  up  the  first  run  through  the  setlist,"  I  told him. 

"Ok  darling  I  promise  to  behave,"  Andy  said  winking.

I  finished  reheseral   and  just  enjoyed  life.