Chapter 51 Country Roads

*February  1980*

Trigger Warning: This chapter will discuss depression and anxiety so if this topic makes you uncomfortable, please skip this chapter and wait for the next update.

(Y/N)  faces  something  she  never  thought  she  would:  a  state  of  depression.  She's  starting  to  miss  home  and  her  family.  Andy  helps  her  cope  through  it. 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

We  are  in  the  second  month  of  the  New  Year.  I'm  halfway  done  with  my  album,  we  are  planning  the  wedding,  and  so  much  other  things  are  happening.

Don't  get  me  wrong,  this  life  I  would  not  trade  it  for  anything  still  right now.  Not  having  to  be  in  school  is  so  nice.  But,  I'm  starting  to  feel  homesick.  I  miss  my  mom,  my  siblings,  my  dad.  Everything  that  made  life  bareable  in  the  future  isn't  here. 

Having  Karen  and  Andy  being  healthy  and  living   well  past  their  30s  is  my  mission  and  I  have  to  finish  this  mission.

Today  I  already  went  to  the  studio  with  Richard  to  lay  down  some  more  vocals   for  some  songs.  Richard  let  me  record  some  drum  parts.  Did  I  forget  Karen's  been  teaching  me  how  to  drum?  I  know  the  basics  so  Richard  thought  it  would  be  important  to  include  me  on my  album.

I  got  home  from  the  studio  around  1  and  I  picked  up  some  lunch  from  In N  Out  Burger.  Gosh  forbid  I  do  go  back  to  my  old  life,  I  want  to  savor  these  burgers  and  fries  from  In  N  Out.  

I  put  on  my  favorite  lazy  clothes  and  sat  in  the   chair  by  the  window  eating.  I  had  the  radio  on  low,  listening  to  a  country  station.  I  stared  out  the  window,  watching  the  birds  picking  at  the  ground.  

So  much  weight  and  stress  was  on  my  shoulders.  I  couldn't  take  it  today.  I  tried  to  keep  this  fake  smile  on.  It  was  just  me,  not  the  way  the  world was.  Everyone  goes  through  spells  like  this.  They  say  distract  yourself.  But,  it  wasn't  working  today. 

Andy  was  off  somewhere  pricing  some  tuxedos  for the  wedding   and  doing  some  promotional  stuff  for  his  new  album  After  Dark,  so  I  had  the  house  to  myself.

I  was  picking  at my  fries  and  burger  when  I  just  caved  into  my  nervous  breakdown.

I  threw  my  food  on  the  chair  and  just  let  out  one  of  the  biggest screams  possible.   It  didn't  help  John  Denver's  Take  Me  Home,  Country  Roads  was  playing  on  the  radio.  

I  let  my  emotions  take  over.  I  let  the  tears  fall.  I  did  not  care  who  heard  me  or  what  anyone  was  thinking.  My  mental  health  at  this  moment  was  in  need. I  cried  hard.

Was my  life  hard?  No.  Did  I  have  it  easy  compared  to  thousands  of  girls  in   the  future  or  today?  Yes  I  did.  Was  overthinking  and  unable  to  process  my  emotions?  Definitely. 

I  was  grabbing  a  handful  of  tissues  when  I  heard  the  front  door  open  and  shut.  

"Crap,"  I  mumbled  to  myself. 

 I  didn't  think  Andy  would  be  home  this  soon.

I  looked  at  myself  in  the  living  room  mirror  and  just  shrugged  when  I  saw  Andy  looking  back  at  me.

"Darling...?  What's  the  matter?"  Andy  looking  me  up  and  down  concerned.

"I ,  um,  had  a  nervous  break  down.  I'm  sorry,"  I  told  him,  not  making  eye  contact.

"Darling  what   caused  it? You've  had  a  anxiety  attack  before  I  know.   Shhh  its  ok,"  Andy  said  holding  me  close  in  his  arms.

"I'm  just  homesick  I  guess.  So  much  has  changed  in  such  short  time.  It's  not  bad  change,  its  good  and  I  need  to  realize  that.  All  this  hard  work  isn't  just  for  nothing,"  I  told  him.

Andy  caressed  my  messed  up  ombre  hair, " I'm  here  darling.  You  know  you  can  always  talk  to  me." 

"I  know  love,  I'm  sorry,"  I  kept  mumbling.

"Stop  saying  sorry  darling.   You  have  nothing  to  be  sorry  for.   Let's  get  your  makeup  cleaned  off  you  look  like  Alice  Cooper,"  Andy  said  laughing.  

His  laugh  always  made  me  smile  so  I  giggled.

"See,  there's  my  favorite  sound,"  Andy  said  while  we  walked  up  the  stairs.  

"I  love  you  Andy.  I  don't  know  what  I'd  do  without  you,"  I  said  while  we  walked  into  the  bathroom.

"You  saved  me.  I'm  the  one  who's  lucky.  I  love  you  most,"  Andy  told  me  as  he  cleaned  my  face  for  me.

He  was  such  a  gentleman  and  I  can't  get  over  how  my  luck  is  trying  to  save  him. 

"Now  see,  there's  my  beautiful  darling,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  face. 

"Thank  you love,"  I  said  wrapping  my  arms  around  him.

"Let's  go  look  at  some  wedding  idea  stuff,"  Andy  said  guidng  me  back  downstairs  to  get  my  food  and  my  bridal  magazines.

I  have  to  hold  on  to  this  life.  I'm  the  change  that  Andy  needed.