Chapter 73 Trip of a Lifetime

*October 1980*

(Y/N),  Andy  and their family and friends head to Denver for their wedding! 

Andy's  POV:

We  are  in  Denver  officially  for  the  wedding.  Rehearsal  dinner  is  tomorrow.  I  can't  believe I  am  marrying  (Y/N)  still.  All  of  this  seems  like  a  dream  still.  We  are  going  to  go  ahead  and  pay  for  the  cake  today  even  though  Adela  said  not  to  till  we  pick  it up  but  Barry  and  Maurice  volunteered  to  pick  it  up  for  us.

(Y/N)  fell  asleep  on  the  plane  ride  here.  She's  been  extra  busy   finishing  up  final  details  for  herself  and  the  bridesmaids.   Karen  has  been  such  a  big  help  for  (Y/N)  and  I  am  so  glad.  

The  plane  landed  and  I  was  going  to  gently  wake  up  (Y/N).    Robin  was  quite loud  once  the  plane  landed.

"TOUCHDOWN  WE  ARE  HERE!"  Robin  shouted.

"Huh  what?"  (Y/N)  stirred.

"Shh  its  ok  darling  the  plane  landed  we  are  here,"  I  told  (Y/N)  gently.

"Oh  wow  that  was  fast.  I  didn't  even  realize  I  fell  asleep,"  she  said  stretching  and  yawning.

"Well  these  planes  do  fly  pretty  fast  when  you  are  having  fun  eh,"  Maurice  chimed  in.

(Y/N)  rolled  her  eyes  at  Mo  and  just  leaned  on  my  shoulder  a  bit  more.

"When  did  Karen  and  Rich say when they  were  landing  do  you  remember?"  I  asked  her.

"I  think  the  same  time  love.  She  didn't  want   to  overcrowd  our  plane,"  she  said  laughing.

We  ended  up  flying  our  own  commerical  plane  for  the  7  of  us  (including  my  sister  Lesley)  and  our  dog   Sam.  We  rented  two  cars  so  for  the  actual  wedding  day,  we  don't  see  each  other  for  "bad  luck."  Sam  is  going  to  wear  a  tuxedo  and  walk  down  the  aisle  and   throw  flowers  as  our  flower  boy  instead.  

"Alrighty  guys   we  can  get  off  now,"  Barry  said  while  holding  Linda's  hand.

We  got  our  luggage  situated.  (Y/N)'s  dress  was  in  plastic  and  hanging  in  a  hall  closet  of  the  plane.  She  carefully  grasped  it  and  hung  it  over  her  arm.  Lesley  helped  her  carry  it  to  the  car  we  rented. 

"Your  dress  is  so  long  (Y/N)!"  Lesley  told  her.

"It  is  haha.  I  hope  it  still  looks  good  come  the  wedding  day,"  (Y/N)  said  laughing. 

"You  will  look  like  a  goddess  my  darling,"  I  told  her  as  I  pulled  her  suitcase  for  her. 

"Who's  gonna  be  driving my  car  so  I  know  who  to  blame  if  my  dress  gets  ruined?"  she  said  with  a  wink  in  my  direction.

"Well  I  was  gonna  drive  (Y/N)  so  please  don't  hate  me  for  my  driving,"  Linda  said  laughing.

"Oh  no  Linda  you  are  probably  the  best  driver  out  of  all  of  us,"  (Y/N)  said  with  a  smile.

"Uh  hey you've  never  been  in  my  speed  boat  before  then  have  you?"  Maurice  joked.

"I  happily  decline  that  offer  if  that  was  one,"  (Y/N)  said  laughing.

"Darling  you  are  too  much.  I  love  you,"  I  told  her  as  I  put  her  suitcases  in  the  trunk.

"I  love  you  more  fiance,"  she  said  kissing  my  face.

"If  you  want  some  girl  time,   the  boys  and  I  can  go  in  one  car  to  the  hotel?"  I  asked  her.

"Only  if  you  want  too  love.  I  don't  mind,"  she  told  me  holding  my  hand.

"Well, I  have some things I  need  to  discuss with  them  in  regards  to  a  surprise  so  I  think  I  will  ok?"  I  told  her  kissing  her.

"Oooh  a  surprise?"  she  tried  pondering  me.

"Nope  I  ain't  going  to  give  you  any  hints  just  wait  and  see,"  I  told  her  smirking.

"Ok  darling  I  love  you,  see  you  in  a  bit,"  she  said  hugging  and  kissing  me.

"Bye  my  fiance.  Love  you  most,  see  you  soon,"  I  told  her   as  I  climbed  into  the  back  seat.

When  I  got  into  the  car,  I  discussed  the  song  me  and  Barry  wrote  a  while  back  for  our  first  dance  while  Sam  laid  his  head  on  my  lap  for  cuddles. I  can't  wait  till  we  say  "I  do."