Chapter 90 Denver Again

*July  1981*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  are  in  Denver  on  her  tour!

(Y/N)'s  POV:

We  are  in  Denver  for   the  tour.  Adela  and  her  family  will  be  here  with  us  this  afternoon  before  the  concert.

Karen  and  I  were  just  conversing  in  rehearsal.  Andy  was  messing  around  with  the  guitars  set  up  on  stage.

"So  tonight  am  I  going  to  join  you  guys  during  your  show?"  I  asked  Karen.

"Yes  (Y/N)  cause  we  are  doing  an  oldies  segment  and  I  need  another  woman  to  harmonize  with,"  Karen  said  laughing.

"I'm  the  leader  of  the  pack,"  Andy  said  laughing  while  playing  a  few  chords  on   the  guitar.

"We  also  are  singing  songs  we  did  on  the  73'  album,"   Karen  said  looking  at  the  Carpenters  set  list.

"Hey  Miss.  (Y/N)  Adela  and  her  family  are  here,"  Hunter  the  security  guard  told  me.

"Go  ahead  and  let  them  in,"  I  spoke  into  the  microphone.

Richard  came  from  backstage  and  started  tuning  his  piano.

"Hey  Karen  are  you  playing  on  drums  tonight?"  he  asked  Karen.

"Yeah  Rich  I  am,  why?"  Karen  asked.

"Oh  no  reason  I  was  just  curious   cause  of  the  oldies  bit,"  Richard  said  a  million  miles  away.

"Here  is  Adela  and  her  family  (Y/N),"  Hunter  told  me  as  he  led  them  on  stage.

"Hi  babies!"  I  squealed  and  ran  to  greet  them.

"Woah  darling  wait  for  me,"  Andy  said  trailing  behind.

"How  are  you,  girls?"  I  asked  hugging  Sharon  and  Cece.

"I  am  fine  thank  you!"  Cece  responded.

"I  still  feel  like  I  am  living  in  a  dream,"  Sharon  said  laughing.

"Willie  come  on  don't  be  shy!"  Andy  said  greeting  him  with  a  handshake.

Willie  laughed  and  came  over  joined  his  family.

"It's  so  nice  to  see  you  hito  and  hita,"  Willie  said  to  me  and  Andy.

"Thank  you  again  for  making  my  girls  so  happy,"  Adela  said  with  a  smile  and  tears  in  her  eyes.

"Don't  cry  Adela!  It's  my  pleasure  to  invite  my  friends  to   special  occasions,"  I  told  her  while  giving  her  a  hug.

"Girls  do  you  wanna   listen  to  us  rehearse?"  I  asked  Cece  and  Sharon.

"Come  on  let  Sharon  or  Cece  come  play  on  the  drums!"  Karen  said  invitingly.

I  brought  Sharon  over  to  the  drums.

"Do  whatever  you  feel  like!  There  is  literally  nothing  you  can  do  wrong  with  tapping  to  a  beat,"  I  told  her  with  a  smile.

"Ok  cool  so  um  like  this?"  Sharon  started  playing  a  beat.

"Perfect!"  I  told  her  encouragingly.

Sharon  was  playing   some  beat  but  I  decided  to  start  singing  with  the  taps  she  was  making. 

I  grabbed  a  microphone  so  we  could  finish  sound  checking.

"He's  got  a  ticket  to  ride  and  he  don't  care,"  I  sang  into  a  deeper  octave.

"Don't  know  why  he's  riding  so  high,  he  ought  to  do  right  by  me,"  Karen  sang.

"I  think  I'm  gonna  be  sad,  I  think  its  today,  yeah,  the  boy  that's  driving  me  mad  is  going  away,"  Karen  and  I  sang  in  unison.

"She  got  a  ticket  to  ride,  she's  got  a  ticket  to  ride,"  Andy  sang.

"And  we  don't  care,  don't  car-are,"  me  and  Karen  finished.

"That  wasn't  even  Ticket  to  Ride  I  was  just  making  noise,"  Sharon  said  laughing.

"But  that's  the  point  of  sound  checking  is  having  fun,"  I  told  Sharon  in  response.

Adela  was  just  starstruck  still  with  her  husband  Willie.  They  were  talking  with  Richard  about  how  he  came  up  with  the  Carpenters  sound  and  how  Karen  got  her  voice.

Once  in  a  while  I  saw  Adela  snapping  pictures. 

We  finished  up  sound  checking  and  brought  Adela  and  her  family  to  backstage  so  they  could  with  us  before  the  show  started  at  8pm.