Chapter 3: We've Only Just Begun

(Y/N) POV:

I  wandered  back  to  my  apartment  to  start  getting  ready  for  my  date  with  Andy.  I  walked  into  my  closet  and  rummaged  through  what  clothes  I  had  been  supplied  with.  

I  took  off  the  denim  jumpsuit  and  platforms  and  put  on  a  fluffy  white  robe.  

All  I  kept  finding  was  corduroy  or  denim.  It  was  too  hot  for  me  to  be  wearing  this.   

I  was  ruffling  through  some  floral  dresses  when  I  heard  the  door  bell  ring.  I  shook  my  head  because,  who  knows  who  I  am  in  1978?

I   tightened  my  robe  and  headed  to  the  door.   When  I  opened  the  door,  much  to  my  surprise  was  the  one  and  only,  Karen  Carpenter.

My  voice  got  caught  in  my  throat.  Obviously,  this  was  a  joke  or  wrong  house  type  of  deal.  

"Hey (Y/N)!"  Karen  stated,  dragging  out  the y  sound.

"Uh  hey  KC!  What  are  you  up  to  in  my  neighborhood?" I  asked,  pretending to  know I  actually  was  friends  with  Karen  Carpenter.  "Come  in  make  yourself  at  home,"  I  replied  to  her.  

"Don't  you  remember  me  telling  you  I  was  coming  over  to  drop  off  promo  singles  and  a  promo  ticket  for  mine  and  Richard's  new  TV   special?"

I  shrugged  my  shoulders  in  response.  "Sorry  KC,  I  had  a  really  bad  night  last  night.   I  couldn't  sleep."  

Karen  being  the  sweet,  caring  person  she  is  asked,  "What's  the  trouble  (Y/N)? Is  it  your  job?"

I  looked  puzzled  at  her  and  had  to  lie.  "What  about  my  job?  It's  not  that  difficult." 

KC  lightly  laughed, "Well  being  a  backup  singer  for  me  and  Rich  isn't  easy.  You  know  you  don't  have  to  over  practice."

I  thought  to  myself,   wow,  I'm  a  backup  singer  for  the  Carpenters?  How  is  that  even  possible?   I  should  thank  my  lucky  stars  to  whoever  was  listening  to  me.   Perhaps  there  was  more  to  being  sent  back  to  the  past.  To  be  a  savior  to  two  70s  popstar  idols.  

"No  haha  its  all  good  KC.  I  think  I  need  to  lay  off  the  coffee before  bed,"  I  replied  laughing.  

She  looked  at  my  robe  and  focused,  "Are  you  going  somewhere  fancy  today?  Can  I  help  you?"

I  totally  forgot  in  a  few  hours  I  had  a  date  with  the  youngest  Gibb  brother.   

"Oh  yeah  KC,  I  forgot  to  tell  you.  You'll  never  guess  who  I  have  a  date  with,"  I  replied eagerly.

"Oh  (Y/N)  you  have  a  date?   Let  me  guess,  someone  who  recognized  you  from  the  concert  last  weekend,"  Karen  replied.  

I  shook  my  head,  "Actually,  Karen  you  are  wrong.  It's  actually,  Andy  Gibb."

Karen's  eye's  went  bugging  out.  "You  mean  the  baby  Bee  Gee?" 

"Yes  the  baby  Bee  Gee.  You  know  how  I  can't  walk  in  platforms  right?  Well  I  literally  walked  right  into  him,"  I  explained.

"(Y/N),  that's  actually  amazing.   You  two  will  end  up  married  for  sure!"  Karen  said  enthusically.  

I  thought  to  myself  she's  as  sweet  and  caring  as  she  seemed  in  interviews  and  photos.  

"It's  just  a  date  KC.  Who  knows  we  may  not  have  any  chemistry  at  all,"  I  responded. 

"Who  knows,  I  maybe  singing  "We've  Only  Just  Begun"  at  your  wedding  and  telling  this  story,"  Karen  replied  smirking.

I  sighed  and  shook  my  head  once  again  in  response.  "Well  who  knows,  I  should  get  ready  for  the  date  so  I  can  perhaps  make  that  dream  come  true."

Karen  got  up  from  her  spot  on  the  couch  where  we  had  been  sitting.  "I'll  let  you  go.  You  better  call  me   as  soon  as  you  get  home!"

"I  promise  Karen  I  will,"  I  said  with  a  light  laugh.  I  hugged  her  goodbye  and  thanked  her  again  for  the  promotional  goodies.  

I  went  back  to  my  closet  to  find  a  outfit  that  would  accent  the  black  high  top  converse  I  found  in  my  closet.  I  ended  up  finding  a   black,  velvet  jumpsuit  that  had  a  silver  accent  belt. 

   I  curled  my  hair,  put  on  pink  eyeshadow, and  put  on  mascara.  I  looked  at  myself  in  the  full-length  mirror  and  for  the  first  time  in  forever,  I  felt  like  I  fit  in. 

   I  grabbed  my  matching  purse   and  keys  and  headed  to  Hill  Street  to  meet  with  Johnny  Martin,  aka  Andy.