Chapter 161 On the Road Again

*May  1983*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  hit  the  road  for  their  5  year  anniversary  trip.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

We  hit  the  road  early  this  morning.  Karen  was  kind  and  would  check  on  Sam  and  our  house   for  us  over  the  next  week. 

My  car  had  a  cassette  player  so  I  grabbed  as  many  as  cassettes  that  fit  in  the  glovebox  so  when  we  lose  radio  signal,  we  still  have  music.

I  was  in  charge  of  music  and  snacks  while  Andy  was  the  driver.   I  also  had  the  map  out  but  I  barley  know   directions  haha.

We  were  already  in  northern  California  near  Redding,  CA.  It  was  quiet  drive  mostly.  We  stopped  in  Redding  to  gas  up  and  rest  for  the  night  before  we  finish  driving  to  Seattle.

We  checked  into  the  hotel  and  rested  up  for  the  night.  We  ordered  some  pizza  and  soda  pop  for  dinner.

"I  think  darling  tomorrow  we  will  arrive  in  Seattle  at  our  rate,"  Andy  said  stretching.

"I  can't  wait.  I  don't  think  we've  ever  really  explored  Washington  State  before  even  on  tours,"  I  replied.

We  were  sitting  on  the  bed  straight  up  eating  the  pizza  out  of  the  box.  No  plates  or  anything.

"Well  it's  already  been  a  nice  trip  darling  and  it's  only  beginning,"  Andy  said  before  taking  a  bite  of  his  slice  of  pizza.

"It's  always  nice  to  get  away   on  your  own  terms.  Tours  are  fun  going  to  places  you've  never  been  but  there  is   never  enough  time  to  explore,"  I  told  Andy  as  I  sipped  some  coke.

"Very  true.  There's  places  in  Europe  I  never  got  to  really  see  cause  they  just  whisk  you  away  to  every  show  you  perform.  Not  even  enough  time  to  think  for  yourself,"  Andy  replied.

"I  hated  when  I  was  in  Pennsylvania  that  I  only  had  one  day  off  and  we  had  to  drive  to  the  other  city  by  noon  and  I barely explored  before  and  after  the  double  shows,"  I  said  taking  a  bite  of  pizza.

"The  last  tour  you  were  on  that  was  nice  though  at  the  coffee  shop.  I  wish  my  tours  were  more  laid  back  like  that,"  Andy  said  yawning.

"I  sorry  love,"  I  replied  closing  the  pizza  box.

I  got  up  and  put  the  pizza  box  on  the  TV  stand.

"I'm  going  to  take  a  shower  love  and  get  ready  for   bed,"  I  told  Andy  as  I  sorted  through  my  suitcase  for  my  pajamas.

"That  sounds  good  darling,"  Andy  replied  getting  off  the  bed  and  going  to  his  suitcase.

I  jumped  in  the  shower  and  did  my  usual  routine.  After  I  was  done,  Andy  was  hot  on  my   trail  and  went  in  right  away  after  I  was  done.

I  went  and  unmade  the   bed  and  then  threw  my  wet  hair  up  into  a  ponytail.  

Andy  didn't  take  that  long  so  he  was  quick  to  come  to  bed.  

He  didn't  really  dry  his  hair  so  he  was  dripping  water  everywhere.

Andy  sat  on  the  bed  and  leaned  over  to  kiss  me.

"Woah  I  don't  need  a  second  shower  love,"  I  said  laughing.

"Haha  you  are  mean  darling  just  let  me  kiss  you,"  Andy  said  with  a  serious  tone.

I  pushed  his  wet  hair  out  of  his  eyes  and  away  from  his  forehead.

"There  now  you  can  kiss  me,"  I  told  him.

He  leaned  in  and  gave  me  a  good  night  kiss   and  we  went  to  sleep.