Chapter 23 Kisses of Fire

*May  1979*

(Y/N) and  Andy  flew  back  to  New  York  for  a  few  days  to  spend  time  with  Karen.  Karen  has  half  of  her  album  finished  and  wants  (Y/N)'s  opinion.  

(Y/N)'s  POV:  

After  the  brothers  Gibb  finished  up  rehearsals  for  the  tour,  me  and  Andy  decided  to  fly  back  to  New  York. 

The  Bee  Gees  start  tour  later  in  June,  so  we  have  plenty  of  time  to   spend  time  in  New  York  exploring.

Karen  has  half  of  her  album  done.  She  wants  my  personal opinion on  the  songs  that  have  already  been  mixed  and solidified. 

Andy   and  I  are  deepening  our  relationship  on  so  many  levels.  I  just  hope  one  day  I  don't  wake  up   and  it's  all  gone.  It's  crazy  how  I  was  sent  back  to  the  past  to  fix  the  future.

"Darling?  What  is  on  the  agenda  for  today?"  Andy  asked  stepping  out  from  the  bathroom  brushing  his  hair.  

"Well  love,  I  kind  of  wanted  to  go   to  the  Statue  of  Liberty  maybe?  Or  just  walk  around  in  Times  Square?  I've  never  really  seen  New  York  before,"  I  told  Andy  as  I  put  on  bottom  eyeliner.

"We  can  do  that  love.  Or  darling,  we  can  have   a  picnic  in  Central  Park?"  Andy  said  while  sipping  some  coffee.

"Oh  I  like  that  idea  better  love,"  I  said  while  putting   my  makeup  away.

"We  can  buy  some  lunch  from  a  local  shop  and  take  it  if  you  want?  We  can  kind  of  celebrate  our  one  year  together?"  Andy  curiously  asked.

I  went  and  got  dressed  in  a  two  piece  set.  It  was  a  blue   floral  printed  bell  sleeve  top   with  matching  pants.  I  also  wore  a  pair  of  white  sneakers  since  we'd  be  walking  a  lot.

Before  we  had  our  picnic,  Karen  wanted  me  to  head  to  the  studio  with  her  to  check  out  her  songs.

"Ok  love.  I'm  heading  out  to  meet  up  with  Karen  to  listen  to  her  mixes,  I'll  be  back  by   noon  love,"  I  said  as  I  kissed   him  as  I  headed  out  the  door.

"Be  safe  darling.  I  love  you,"  Andy   said  as  I  closed  the  door.

*in  the  studio  with  Karen*

"Ok  this  is  Lovelines  (Y/N).  Let  me  know  your  thoughts,"  Karen  said  while  directing  Phil  to  hit  play.

The  hardest  part  of  this  whole  situation  was  having  to  pretend   to  react  because  the  songs  sound  exactly  like  they  did  from  the  future,  if  that  made  sense.  

I  was  moving  my  foot  to  the  beat.  This  was  exciting  because  I  was  hearing  first  mixes  of  my  favorite  pieces  of  Karen's  discography.  

"This  is  really  beautiful  Karen!  I  love  your  vocal  range  on  this  song,"  I  told  her  confidently.

"Thanks  (Y/N)!  That  means  a  lot,"  Karen  told  me  while  giving  me  a  side  hug.

"Having  your  approval  was  what  Karen  really  wanted,"  Phil  said  smiling.

"Karen  you   are  growing  up.  If  they  can't   see  how  beautifully  orchestrated  this  album  is,  that's  their  loss,"  I  told  Karen.

"I  didn't  think  of  it  that  way  (Y/N).  You  are  the  bestest  friend  I  could  ask  for,"  Karen  said  while  giving  me  another  side  hug.

One  thing  I  learned  about  Karen  was  she  needed  constant  support  and  reminders  that  she  was  good.  She  could  literally  sing  the  phonebook  and  it  would  be  beautiful.

"You  know  KC,  you  could   sing   a  recipe  for  iced  tea  and  make  it  sound  stunning,"  I  said  laughing.

"That's  the  biggest  compliment  I've  ever  gotten,"  Karen  said  with  a  crack  in  her  voice.

"Oh   don't  cry  KC!"  I  said  embracing  her  in  a  full  hug.  

Perhaps  I  was  the  sister  figure  she  needed  to  have  to  support  her.

*back  to  the  picnic  with  Andy*

Andy's  POV:

While  (Y/N)  was  out  with  Karen,  I  got  everything  ready.  I  found  out  that  Central  Park  has  carriage  rides  so  I  booked  us  a  carriage  ride  to  make  the  picnic  more  romantic.

"Ello  love  your  back!"  I  said  excitedly  to  her  when  she  walked  back  into  the  hotel.

"Hi  darling.  Sorry  to  keep  you  waiting.  Karen's  album  sounds  amazing  so  far,"  she  told  me .

I  just  stared  at  (Y/N).  Knowing  she  was  mine   forever  made  my  heart  flutter  every  time.  

"What  are  you  staring  at?"  she  giggled . 

"Just  admiring  how  beautiful  you  are  love,"  I  said  shyly. 

"You  are  too  much  sometimes,"  she  said  while  kissing  my  face.

"Now  lets  go  on  that  date.  We  have  a  carriage  waiting  outside,"  I  told  her  while  grabbing  her  hand.

"Carriage?"  she  asks. 

"Yes,  I  want  to  make  this  date  memorable  darling,"  I  said  while  escorting  her  to  the  elevator  outside  the  hotel  door.