Chapter 5: Phone Calls and Hot Tea

(Y/N)'s  POV

It  was  about  time  Andy  and  I  went  our  separate  ways.  We  exchanged  contact  information.  He  promised  me  this  wouldn't  be  the  last  he  saw  of  me.   I  began  to  think,  heck,  Karen  may  have  been  right.  

He  drove  me  back  to  my  apartment  and  as  the  gentleman   he  has  proven  to  be,  walked  me  up  to  my  door.  It  was  quite  nice  how  nobody  really recognized him  tonight.  It  was  just  like  an  ordinary  date.  

"Now  I  am  asking  permission  love,  can  I  kiss  you  good  night?"  Andy   asked  a  bit  shy.  

From  what  I  remember,  he  was  quite  a  catch  with  a  lot  of  girls.  How  could  THE  Andy  Gibb  be  shy  with  me?  Imagine  me  telling  this  story  at  school  in  the  future.  You  know  what,  forget  that  statement.

As  red  as  a  tomato,  I  responded  sweetly, "Of  course  Andy,  I  would  be  honored."

The  kiss  was  sweet  and  gentle.  He  hugged  me  goodbye  and  went  into  my  apartment.  

As  soon  as  I  shut  my  door,  I  untied  my  converse  and  went  to  get  comfortable.  Who  knew  velvet  was  itchy  material?

I  went  to  the  kitchen  and  put  a  tea  pot   to  boil  and  fix  myself  some  tea.  Well,  I  hope  I  had  some  in  the  cabinet.  

As  I  waited  for  that  to  boil,  I  continued  to  go  through  my  house  to  familiarize  me  with  more  details  of  who  I  really  was.

I  found  a  photo  album.  I  rummaged  through  it  and  saw  photos  of  me  and  Karen,  a  memory  of  which  I  don't  have.  I  also  saw  photos  of  me  standing  at  the  Downey,  California  sign,  a  photo  with  ABBA,  and  so  many  other  memories  I  wish  I  could  actually  remember.  

I  also  found  a  memory  box,  where  I   found  my  birth  certificate  with  my  same  name  from  the  future  and  same  birthday,  I  was  to  have  been  born  in  1959.  This  was  all  wild  to  me.   It  fathomed  me  how  I  was  somehow  someone  important  in  another  decade  but  as  the  same  person  from  2021.

As  I  came  across  a  ticket  stub  from  a  Carpenters  concert  in  1970,  I  remembered  I  have  to  call  Karen. I  promised  her  I'd  tell  her  everything.    I  poured  myself  a  cup  of  chamomile  tea  and  settled  into  the  comfy  recliner.  

Luckily,  I  had  experience  with  rotary  dial  phones  because  of  my  grandma.  I  looked  for  what  I  assumed  would  be  my  phone  book  and  found  Karen's  number.  

"Well  hellooooooo!"  Karen  answered  on  the  other  end.  

"Hey  KC  its  me  (Y/N).  I  hope  I  didn't  wake  you."  I  replied.

Karen's  voice  got  all  high  pitched,  "No  me  and  Rich  just  got  back  from  the  studio.  But   soooooooo how'd  it  go?  When's  the  wedding?"

I  shook  my  head  even  though  Karen  couldn't  see  it.  I  couldn't  help  but  start  laughing   yet  again.  "Karen  I  told  you   it  was  just a date."

Karen   was  smirking  over  the  phone  and  begin  singing,  "You  are  on  top  of  the  world  looking  down  on  creation.  You've only  just  begun  to  live."

I  cut  her  off  sharply,  "Karen,  I  do  assure  you  we  exchanged  information.  But  I'm  probably  just  another  one  of  his  LA  ladies."

"But,  (Y/N),  you  don't  know  that.  I  bet  you  he's  seen  you  at  one  of  our  concerts  or  seen  you  in  the  magazine  interview  with  me.  He  probably  knows  who  you  truly  are,"  Karen  replied.  

I  took  a  sip  of  my  tea  before  responding, "We  shall  see  Karen."

"Don't  forget  we  have  rehearsal  tomorrow  for  the  children's  charity  show.  I'll  pick  you  up  at 8:30am  so  we  can  get  breakfast  beforehand.  I  have  a  feeling  Richard   is  going  to  keep  us  there  longer  then  we  need  to  be  there,"  Karen  stated  with  tiredness  in  her  voice.  

I  glanced  at  the  clock  and  it  was  almost  11pm.  That's  not  actually  late  in  my  modern  day  terms  but  I  thought  if  I  had  to  be  up  and  out  of  the  house  by 8:30a,  I  better  go  to  bed  soon.  

"Well  KC,  I'll  let  you  go.  I'll be  bright  eyed  and  bushy  tail  for  rehearsal  tomorrow,"  I  said  with  a  smile.  

I  could  hear  Karen  yawning  and  she  responded, "Night  (Y/N),  see  you  tomorrow."

I  headed  to  take  a  quick  shower  and  try  and  do  my  usual  routine  that  I  did  in the  future.   I  put  on  the  radio  since  I  didn't  have  a  TV  in  my  room  and  went  to  sleep  with  a  happy  heart.  I  can't  imagine  what  the  rest  of  this  new  life  will  bring.