Chapter 64 These Boots Were Made For Walking

*May 1980*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  discuss  performing  at  benefit  concert  for  Barry  and  the  Diabetes  Foundation. 

Authors Note: I'm  trying  to  add  more  Gibb Brother  content  to  the  book!  I  hope  everyone  is  enjoying  the  book  so  far! 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

We  are  out  here  in  sunny  Florida.  The  only  downside  to  this  place  is  the  weather   makes  my  hair  extremely  frizzy.  Since  the  Gibb  Brothers  are  not  producing  any  new  material  this  year,  Barry has  decided  to  focus  on  a  benefit  concert  series  to  help  the  Diabetes  Foundation.

He  wants  me  and  Andy  to  come  and  do  a  few  songs  with  him  along  with  Maurice  and  Robin. 

"So  how  many  songs  Barry  do  you  want  us  to  do?  Do  you  want  us  to  do  duets  or?"  Andy  asked  while  we  all  sat  for  breakfast.

We  were  staying  with  Barry  and  Linda  again.

"Well, I  was  thinking  you  guys  could  each  do  4  songs  by  yourself  and  then  maybe  a  duet?"  Barry  said.

"I  was  hoping  we'd  all  sing  too  one  giant  song  too  if  you  don't  mind?"  Maurice  suggested.

"We  could  do  that.  We  can  find  a  song  that  we   can  break  up  into  different  sections  for  us  to  sing?"  Barry  responded.

I  just  sat  there  quiet  using  my  fork  to  mess  with  my  hashbrowns.

"(Y/N)?  Are  you  even  paying  attention?"  Andy's  words  brought  me  out  of  my  thoughts.

"Oh  huh?  Sorry  I  was  thinking  of  some  songs  to  perform,"  I  told  a  bit  rushed.

"Well  I  want  one  of  the  songs  to  be  an  oldies  song  cause  the  theme  of  the  dinner  is  "These  Boots  are  Made  for  Walking,"  Barry  told  me.

"Hmmmm  well  I  was  thinking  about  Born  Too  Late  by  the  Poni Tales.  But,  I'd  have  to  pre-record  the  back  up  vocal  and  harmony,"  I  told  him  in  response.

"We  can  go  to  the  studio  this  tomorrow  to  do  that  if  you  want?"  Andy  suggested.

"Wow, Born  Too  Late  do  I  even  remember  that  oldie?"  Robin  remarked.

"It  came  out  in  1958,  but  my  grandma  used  to  play  it  when  she  babysat  me  on  her  record  player,"  I  told  Robin.

"Wow  being  down  in  Australia  and  in  England  we  must  not  have  heard  it  very  often.  I  was  grown  enough  to  remember  music  from  when  I  was  9,"  Robin  said  sipping  some  orange  juice.

"We  can  play  the  instruments  for  vocal  background  if  you  want?"  Maurice  suggested.

"That'll  work.  Andy,  did  you  want  to  be  on  guitar  in  the  overdubbing  sound?" I  asked  him  polietly.

"Yeah  sure  I  guess,  I'm  an  afterthought,"  Andy  got  up  hastily  and  threw  his  napkin  on  the  table.

"Andy?  Where  are  you  going?"  I  stood  up  and  started  following.

"Just  stay  away  from  me.  My  brothers  are  more  important  to  you  right  now  anyways,"  Andy  said  running  outside.

"Did,  did  I  do  something  wrong  by  consulting  you  guys  on  the  song  I  wanted  to  sing?"  I  asked  half-stunned.

"No  not  at  all  (Y/N).  I've  never  seen  Andy  like  this  before.  I  wonder  what  got  into  him.  Just  let  him  cool  off,"  Barry  told  me.

"It's  not  like  we  are  gonna  take  you  away  from  him,"  Maurice  added.

"You  guys  are  literally  getting  married  why  would  he  act  like  this?"  Robin  suggested.

"Do  you  guys  think  he  got  jealous?"  Linda  suggested. 

 She  had  just  brought  out  a  fresh  pot  of  coffee.

"I  don't  know  should  I  go  talk  to  him?"  I  asked  them  concerned.

"Yeah  I  would  just  to  see  what  got  into  him,"  Barry  suggested.

"Ok  I'll  be  back.  If  I'm  not  back  in  10  mintues,  come  look  for  me,"  I  half-joked.

When  my  nerves  got  to  me,  I  always  cracked  terrible  jokes.

I  headed  outside  to  find  Andy  with  his  guitar  on  the  patio.

"Hey  lover  boy,  what's  the  matter?"  I  softly  spoke.

"I  told  you  (Y/N)  to  leave  me  alone.  My  brothers  are  so  much  more  entertaining  them  me,"  Andy  said  hastily  while  tuning  his  guitar.

Then  it  dawned  on  me,  Andy  got  jealous.

"Honey,  are  you,  jealous?"  I  asked  very  carefully.

"Speesh,  geez,  what  are  you  talking  about?"  Andy responded  with  a  crack  in  his  voice.

"Andy  there  is  no  rhyme  or  reason  to  be  jealous  right  now.  I  was  having  a  musical  discussion  with  your  brothers!  It's  Barry's  benefit  concert.  I  don't  wanna  go   against  what  he  wants,"  I  told  him  softly.

"Well  you  surely  acted  like  I  didn't  exist  or  my  opinon's  didnt  matter.   I  was  hoping  to  ask  you  if  you  wanted  to  do  a  cover  of  Don't  Go  Breaking  My  Heart  but  I  was  pushed  aside,"  Andy  said  putting  his  guitar  back  into  the  case.

"Andy  listen  to   me,  there  was  no  reason  to  get  jealous  or  feel  like  I was  ignoring  you. I  just  didn't  want  to  interrupt  Barry  and  what  he   wants  for  the  concert,"  I  told  him.

"I  guess  your  right  darling  I  overreacted.  I'm  sorry ,"  Andy  came  up  and  apologized.

"Love,  there  isn't  anything  you  need  to  be  sorry  for.  Your  feelings  are  valid  but  just  reacted  the  wrong  way. I  also  would  love  to  sing  that  song  with  you,"  I  said  hugging  him  back  and  kissing  his  face.

"Ok  darling,  I  love  you  so  much,"  Andy  told  me  hugging  me  tighter.

"I'll  love  you  more  always,"  I  told  him.

We  just  stayed  in  the  embrace  till  we  felt  the  rain  drops  begin  hitting  our  skin.