Chapter 68 Cooking for Two

*May  1980*

  Andy  tries  making  a  dinner he  saw  on  television  for  him  and  (Y/N).

Andy's  POV:

Tonight  was  my  night  to  cook  dinner.  I  was  completely  out  of  ideas  and  (Y/N)  was  watching  some  stuff  on  PBS  re-runs  and  I  saw  a  recipe  for   stuffed  pasta  shells.

It  consisted  of  marinara sauce,  ricotta,  lots  of  cheese  and  of  course  jumbo   pasta  shells.

I  was  not  Italian,  well  maybe  in  my  roots  somewhere.

I  wanted  to  surprise  (Y/N)  so  I  did  not  tell  her  what  I  was  doing  in  the  kitchen.

We  had  all  the  stuff  on  hand  anyways  so  that  was convenient.

I  layed  out  all  the  ingredients.

I  pulled  out  the  dutch  oven  to  boil  water  for  the  pasta.

I  got  the  two  jars  of  marinara sauce  and  put  them  in  a  sauce  pan  to  cook.  I  got  some  baking  dishes  ready  as  well.

"Love  what  is  that  smell  is  smells  delicious?"  (Y/N)  called  from  the  couch.

"It's  dinner.  It's  a  surprise!" I  quickly  said.

"Can  I  taste  test?"  (Y/N)  pondered.

"No  that  would  ruin  the  surprise  darling,"  I  said  laughing.

"Oh  you  are  no  fair,"  she  said  laughing  in  response.

"Trust  my  process  darling,"  as  I  poured  the  pasta  shells  into  the  water.

"I  will  love  of  course,"  she  said  through  the  door.

"Don't  come  in  here  darling   you  are  so  stubborn,"   I  said  with  a  whine.

"Ugh  ok  fine  love,"  she  said  with  a  smirk  in  her  voice.

"Now  let  me  whip  up  this  master  piece,"  I  said  happily. 

I  wasn't  a  Masterchef,  but  I  could  cook  a  mean  dish.

I  felt  like  a  professional  rinsing  the  pasta,  getting  my  ricotta  mix  and  marinara  sauce  all  ready.

I  preheated  the  oven  and  put  them  in.

I  went  and  sat  back  out  with  (Y/N)  on  the  couch.  She  was  watching  reruns  of  All  in  the  Family.

"Are  we   gonna  be  like  Archie  and  Edith  when  we  get  older?"  I  asked  her  sarcastically

"Oh  heck  no!  I  ain't  gonna  let  cling  peaches  dent  the  priests  car,"  she sai  laughing.

"Then  we  will  be  like  Mike  and  Gloria  with  a  kid?  We  already  live  in  California,"  I  said  giggling.

"That's  better   love,"  she  said  with  a  light  laugh.

I  pulled  her  closer  to  cuddle  a  bit  before  dinner  was  ready.

"Soooooooo  are  ya  gonna  tell  me  what  you  made?"  she  pleated  with  puppy  dog  eyes.

"Nope   not  going  to  work  on  me  darling,"  I  said  kissing  her  face.

"Damn  those  eyes  never  work  on  you,  do  they?"  she  fake  cried.

"Oh  stop  being  dramatic  darling.  You  need  to  have  surprises  too,"  I  told  her.

"Fine  love.  You  always  have  to  be  right,"  she  agreed.

"I  better  go  check  on  dinner  be  right  back,"  I  said  kissing  her  temple.

"Don't  be  long  darling,"  she  said  with  a  fake  accent.

I  rolled  my  eyes  as  I  went  into  the  kitchen.

I  checked  the  pasta  and  it  looked  really  good.  I  felt  so  proud  of  myself.

"Ok  darling  now  you  can  come  check  out  dinner,"  I  said.

(Y/N)  comes  through  the  door  and  her  eyes  bug  out.

"Oh  my  gosh   love  this  looks  delicious!"  she  said  excitedly.

"Thanks  darling.  I  saw  you  want  this  recipe  after  seeing  it  on  TV  and  wanted  to  surprise  you,"  I  told  her. 

"I'm  so  excited  for  dinner  love  can  we  eat  now?"  she  asked.

"Yes  of  course   darling  let  me   get  plates  and  some  silverware,"  I  told  her.

It's  the  little  things  that  make  a  relationship  worthwhile.