Chapter 40 Popping New Questions

*late  1979*

(Y/N)  is  asking  Karen  to  be  her  maid  of  honor  for  the  wedding.  

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Now  that  Christmas  is  over,  I'm  sort  of  back  to  reality.   The  small   details  of  mine  and  Andy's  wedding   were  starting  to  come  together.   From  the  beginning  of  coming  to  this  universe  I  landed  in,  I  knew  Karen  would  be   my  maid  of  honor.   

I  came  up  with  a  cute  package  idea  to  ask  her  to  be  my  maid  of  honor.  I  had  gotten  a  robe  with  maid  of  honor  printed  on  the  back.  I  also  got  her  some  cute  earrings  and  necklace  and  wrapped  them  all  cute  in  white  tissue  paper.

I  asked  her  to  meet  me  at  our  favorite  breakfast  spot  in  Downey  cause  I  wanted  to  catch   up  after  the  holiday  rush.

I  headed  over  to  meet  up  with  her.  Before  leaving  Andy  stopped  me.  

"You  can't  go   yet  love,"  he  said  holding  onto  my  hand.

"And  just  why  can't  I?"  I  smirked  at  him.

"You  didn't  kiss  me,"  he  pouted  like  a  lost  puppy  in  my  direction.

I  rolled  my  eyes  and  laughed.  Andy  was  still  a  kid  at  heart  and  it  made  me  smile.

I  went  up  to  him  and  just  stared  into  his  eyes.

"Well  I'm  waiting,"  he  said  with  a  smirk.

I  just  kissed  his  cheek  and  started  walking  away.

"No  not  like  that,"  he  said  laughing.

"Oh?"  I  answered  puzzled.

"Like  this,"  he  said  while  leaning  in  to  kiss  me  on  the  lips.

"Ok   now  I  have  to  go  now  for  reals  darling,"  I  said  laughing  and  walking  to  my  car.

I  pulled  out  of  the  driveway  and  went  on  my  merrily  way.

I  soon  arrived  and  Karen  already  had  our  favorite  spot  saved  on  the  patio.  She  waved  at  me  as  I  pulled  up  and  parked.

"(Y/N)!!!"  Karen  excitedly  stood  up  and  hugged  me.

"KC  it's  only  been  2  days  since  I  saw  you,"  I  said  laughing.

"I  know  but  I  miss  my  best  friend  all  the  time,"  she  said  while  sitting  back  down.

"I  know  I miss  you  too!  We've  had  a  ton  of  adventures  this  year  together,"  I  said  taking  off  my  coat.

 "The  waiter  will  be  with  us  soon.  By  the  way,  what's  in  the  bag?"  Karen  asked  curiously.

"Oh!  It's  a  gift  I  forgot  to  give  you  the  other  day.  Merry  Late  Christmas,"  I  said.

I  wish  cellphones  existed  right  now  so  I  could  catch  Karen's  reaction.

"Oh  this  robe  is  beautiful  (Y/N)!  What  does  it  say  on  the  back?"  Karen  asked  unfolding  it.

I  just  waited  for  her  reaction.  I  just  looked  at  her  with  a  smile.

"(Y/N)  I  would  be  honored  to  be  your  maid  of  honor!"  Karen  exclaimed  while  hugging.

"I'm  glad  you  said  yes!  It's  been  killing  me  to  keep  this  as  a  surprise!"  I  responded.

"My  best  friend  is  getting  married  and  I  am  her  maid  of  honor  this  is  so  exciting!"  Karen  kept  repeating  under  her  breath.

About  this   time  the  waiter  came  by  to  take  our  order.

"Miss  (Y/N)  did  you   want  your  usual?"  he  asked.  

"Yes  please  you  know  me  too  well,"  I  said  responding  laughing.

He  took  Karen's  order  and  then  we  continued  talking. 

"So  when  is  the  wedding  gonna  be?"  Karen  asked  sipping  some  coffee.

"We  are  looking  later  next  year.  We  aren't  sure  yet  because  of  our  careers,  especially  since  I  have  to  start  working  on  my  first  album  this  coming  year,"  I  told  her.

"I'll  start  collecting  stuff  I  might  think  you'll  want.  Also  I  know  you  like  vintage  so  I  can  definitely  see  what  places  in  Downey  might  carry   vintage  style  wedding  gowns,"  Karen  told  me  in  response.

"You  are  the  best  Karen.  Thanks  for  sticking  by  my  side  through  it  all,"  I  told  her.  

"No  thank  you  for  believing  in  me.  You've  been  my  biggest  cheerleader,"  Karen  told  me.

If  one  thing  I've  learned  living  in  the  past,  its  ok  to  change  the  past  to  fix  the  future.