Chapter 95 Go Out Walking

*October  1981*

(Y/N)  and  Karen  get  brunch.  Andy  is  busy  working  on  a  new  album  (which  only  happened  because  of  the  previous  events  of  (Y/N)  being  here). 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Life  is  finally  back  to  normal.   Andy  is  back  in  the  studio,  writing  and  recording  new  material. 

Karen  and  I  decided  to  have  a  day  on  the  town  and  just  enjoy  what  life  is. 

Andy  said  it  would  be  good  because  of  the  fact  of  me  not  being  able  to really  do  anything  up  until  a  few  days  ago. 

Me  and  Karen  decided  first,  to  go  to  our  favorite  brunch  spot  in  Downey.

"It's  so  nice  being  able  to  hear  your  voice,"  Karen  said  as  we  sat  down.

"I  have  been  having  such  a  nice  time  being  able  to  speak  instead  of  write  down  what  I  need,"  I  said  laughing.

"How  hard  was  it?"  Karen  asked.

"It  was  very  difficult.  The  doctors  didn't  want  me  to  even  laugh  to  avoid  vocal  strain,"  I  said  sipping  my  coffee.

"You  couldn't  even  laugh?"  Karen  said  wide  eyed.

"Girl  it  was  so  hard.  I  couldn't  watch  my  favorite  shows,  read  my  favorite  magazines  just  to  avoid  strain,"  I  told  Karen  as  I  cut  my  everything  bagel  breakfast  sandwich  in  half.

"I  couldn't  have  lasted.  I  was  so  shocked  when  you  told  me  the  night  of  the  New  York  show  and  Herb's  advice  was  to  lip  sync  the  vocals  and  just  have  a  live  band,"  Karen  said  digging  into omelet. 

"That  was  so  bizzare  cause  I  was  just  hoping  to  cancel  the  shows  or  find  another  opening  act.  Or,  you  guys  didn't  need  an  opening  act,"  I  told  Karen.

"Very  true.  But  I  am  glad  you  are  well  again  (Y/N).  It  was  so  hard  not  talking  to  you  at  all  on  the  phone,"  Karen  said  sipping  some  orange  juice.

"It  was  very  weird  for  me  too.  Having  conversations  with  Andy  on  pen  and  paper  was  so time-consuming.  But  he  took  care  of  me,  which  was  the  best  part.  He  is  a  wonderful  husband,"  I  told  Karen.

"I  hope  I  can  settle  down  soon  like  you  (Y/N).  You  are  so  lucky  to  have  a  man  like  Andy.  I  want  my  prince  charming,"  Karen  said.

"You  will  soon  KC.  You  are  only  31.  Your  prince  charming  will  come  in  soon,"  I  told  her  reassuring.

"I  guess  I  should  wear  some  platforms  and  walk  down  Hollywood  boulevard,"  Karen  said  smirking.

"Maybe  you'll  get  lucky  like  me,"  I  said  laughing.

The  waiter  came  and  brought  us  more  coffee  and  we  just  kept  chatting.

 "So  how's  Andy's  album  coming  along?"  Karen  asked.

"It's  coming!  Him  and  Barry  are  in  the  studio  the  next  couple  of  days  working  on  new  material.  He  is  so  stoked  for  his  next  album,"  I  said  sipping  some  coffee.

"He  should  do  another  duet  with  you,"  Karen  said  nonchalantly.

"Herb  would  probably  approve  too.  He  just  sees  us  as  dollar  signs,"  I  said  quietly.

"I  know.  He  wanted   me  and  Rich  to  do  a  second  tour  for  the  last  part  of  81'  and  I'm  like  heck  no  I  am  burnt  out.  I  just  want  to  relax  for  a  while  before  the  holidays,"  Karen  said .

"I  feel  you  KC.  I'm  burnt  out  too.  So  much  happening  in  such  a  short  time.  Mine  and  Andy's  wedding  annivessary  is  next  week,"  I  told  her. 

"Already  a  year  married?  Girl  that  is  quick,"  Karen  said  shocked.

"I'm  hoping  he  won't  be  in  the  studio  so  I  can  suprise  him  with a  getaway  to  Palm  Springs.  Just  so  we  can  get   out  of  town  and  be  together,"  I  told  her.

"Aww  that  would  be  cute  (Y/N),"  Karen  said.

We  continued  to  enjoy  brunch  and  catch  up  with  each  other.