Chapter 11 Jets and Surprises

*week  2  of  the  Vegas  gig,  (Y/N)  is   enjoying  the  new  life*

*It's  September of  1978*

Andy's  POV:

I   decided  to  not  tell  (Y/N)  that  I  was  flying  in  to  stay  with  her  for  the  last  week  of  shows.  Between  my  music  and  her  career,  we  were   flowing  like  a  river.  Bad  pun  I  know.  

I  decided  to  take  a  private  jet  to  Vegas.   Barry  decided  to  fly  out  with  me  for  a  few  days  so  he  could  finally  meet  my  love.

I  went  shopping  for  (Y/N)'s  favorite  snacks  that  she  might  not  have  had  since  she's  been  out.    Dortios  and  Reese  Pieces.   I  bought  her  some  bath  stuff  to  help  relax  her  after  each  show.

"Barry,  do  you  think  she'll  like  all  this  stuff?"  I  asked  Barry  curiously.

"Andy,  you  know  her  better than I  do.  Why  ask  me  such  a  silly  question,"  Barry  responded  laughing.  

"You're  right  Barry.  I'm  just  nervous  cause  I  know  I'm  her  first  serious  relationship  and  I  don't  wanna  rub  her  the  wrong  way,"  I  told  Barry  quickly.  

"Well  I  could  give  them  to  her  and  say  welcome  to  the  family,"  Barry  said  sarcastically  at  me.  

"Oh  no  no.  Don't  you  start  now,"  I  groaned.

"Let's  catch  this  flight  Andy  so  you  can  see  your  lady,"  Barry  said  while  escorting  me  to  the  car.

*plane  lands  in  Vegas*

I  make  it  to  my  hotel  and  check  in.  I  decided  to  freshen  up  a  bit  before  heading  to  the  venue.  I  called  Karen  to  let  her  know   so  security  would  know  it  was  the  real  Andy  and  Barry  Gibb  coming  for  the  concert  in  front  row.

"Now  don't  led  on  to  (Y/N)  that  I  am  here  Karen   please,"  I  begged  over  the  phone.

Karen  couldn't  keep  secrets,  neither  could  (Y/N).

"I  promise  Andy.  She's  been  sad  today.  She's  missing  you  a  lot,"  Karen  responded  rather  quitely.

"I'll  be  there  in  20  minutes,  keep  an  eye  out  for  me  to  make  sure   (Y/N)  doesn't  see  me  yet,"  I  told  Karen.

"Yes  20 minutes for  food,  got  it,"  Karen  said.

"Huh?"  I  asked  puzzled.

"(Y/N)  oh  hi!  Yes,  food  should  be  here  soon,"  I  heard  Karen  saying  in  the  distance.

"Ok  bye  Karen,"  I  said quickly  so  I  could  start  heading  to  the  venue.

Karen  met  me  and  Barry  outside.  She  handed  us  some  hats  and  glasses  so  we  could  pass  the  fans  waiting  for  the  concert  without  noticing  us. 

She  walked  me  to  the   side  of  the  stage   where  (Y/N)  wouldn't  see  me  when  I  sit. 

"Now  I'll  walk  you  to  your  seat  right  before  the  show  starts,  which  is  in  10 minutes"  Karen  stated.

*time  of  the  show*

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Each  show  gets  easier.   Richard  is  such  a  perfectionist  we  basically  copy  the  record  recording.  

We've  had  pretty  big  audiences.  Last  night  we  had  2,000  people  cram  into  the  venue.  I  can't  imagine  how  this  would  be  different  in  2021  with  COVID. 

  Tonight,  I  was   feeling  blue  so  I  am  hoping  we  have  no  technical  problems.  

Right  before  the   show,  I  had  a  bouquet  of  lilies,  daisies,  and  sunflowers  delivered  to  my  dressing  room.  The  note  said,  "I  love  and  miss  you.  See  you  soon.  xx  Andy."

He  had  called  me  last  night   saying   it  looked  like  he  wouldn't  be  able  to  come  out  to  Vegas.  I  was  a  little  disheartened.  

It  was  time  for  us  to  go  on  stage.    To  make  things  worse  for  me,  I  broke  my  heel  as  I  started  walking  to  the  microphone.  I  quickly  stopped  and  pulled  off  my  shoes   and  walked   and  grabbed  my  microphone.  

We  begin  with  our  usual  opener  "Sing."  We  usually  walk  out  to  the  audience  (Karen  and  I).

Barefoot  as  I  was,  I  walked  down  the  stage  with  Karen  and  we  began  talking.

"Ladies  and  gentleman,  on  our  first  song  we  want  you  to  sing!  Sing  out  loud,"  I  said  in  a  singing  voice.

"And  it  doesn't  matter  if  its  good  enough  for  anyone  else  to  hear,  so  please   sing  a  song  with  us,"  Karen  sang.  

I  walked  towards  the  center  first  row  of  the  audience.  I  was  in  my  zone  singing,  and  I  pointed  to  the  audience  to  sing  when  I  was  shocked  at  the   sight. 

"Ello  love,"  Andy  said  staring  back  at  me.

I  tried  to  keep  professional  and  continue  our  song.  His  older  brother  Barry  was  with  him.  He  waved  hello  to  me.   

"So  sing,   sing  a  song,"  I  sang  while  handing  Andy  the  mic. 

"Ma'am   I  can't  carry  a  tune,"  the  crazy  Australian  said  into  the  mic.

He  then  passed  the  mic  to  Barry.  Barry  passed  it  back  to  me,  laughing.  

"Ok  sir  just  sing,  sing   a  song,"  I  said  to  Andy  with  a  smirk.  

The  whole  section  of  the  audience  started   with  the  "lalalaala"  part.  

We  continued  with  the  concert  as  scheduled.  

*after  the  concert*

Andy  surprising  me  has  made  this  two  week  stint  in  Vegas  worth  while.   After  the   show,   we  made  it  back  to  the  hotel  and   caught  up  on  stuff  we  forgot   to  tell  each  other  on  the  phone.  

After  I  took  a  bath  and  whined   down   and   me  and  Andy  ordered  room  service  and  basked  in  each  other's  presence.   I  enjoyed  some  Reses  Pieces  before  we  went  to  sleep. 

 If  you  told  me  I'd  be  with  Andy  Gibb  ,  I  would  of  said  it  was  impossible.  But ,  look  at  me  now.