Chapter 8 Gossip and Dreams

(Y/N)'s  POV:

*later  in  June  1978*

Every  moment  I  wake  up,  I  feel  like  its  a  dream.   Some  days  go  faster  than  other.  I've  noticed  some  days   skip  over  others.  One  minute  its  June  6th,  next  its  the  25th.  I  don't  understand  the  concept  of   time  in  this  universe.  

Andy  and  me  had  a  weekend  off  and  went  to  Malibu  Beach  to  hideaway  for  the  time  being.  Paparazzi  was  usually  everywhere,  so  it's  been  difficult   to  have  privacy  and  peace.  

I  don't  know  if  this  is  exactly  what  I  was  hoping  for.   Dreams  come  true  in  different  ways,  but  the  way  it's  being  presented   to  me  in  this  universe.  

Andy   was  making  breakfast  while  we  were  watching  television.  Something  caught  my  eye.  

"Earlier  this  week,  rumors  spread  that  (Y/N)  (L/N)  was  replacing  Karen  in  the  Carpenters  group.  Sources  say  Richard  and  Karen  have  had  enough  of  the  sibling  duo  and  (Y/N)   is  sleeping  her  way   in.  A  close  acquaintance  stated  she's  only  just  begun  a  love  affair  with  Richard  this  weekend   in  Connecticut,"    the  news  lady  stated.

"Uh  what   the  actual?  He's  like  my  brother?"  I  mumbled  out loud.

Andy  was  laughing  hard,  "Uh  love,  you  must  have   a  twin-like  Robin  and  Maurice  are."

I   wish  I  could  rewind  the  newscast.  I've  never  been  so  confused  in  my  life.  The  last  thing  I  needed  was  a  scandal  to  ruin  mine and   Andy's  career.      Andy  took  a  slug  of   orange  juice  and   continued   frying  bacon.  

"Love,   don't  worry  about  it.  We  know  the  truth,  that's  what  matters,"   Andy  said.

"I  know,  but  it's  still  shocking.  An  affair  with  Richard?  He's  like  my  brother!" I  said  loudly.  

Andy  shook  his  head,  "This  is  the  reaction  they  want  from  you  (Y/N).  Don't  feed  into  it."  

"This  attention  isn't  something  I'm  used  to,"  I  told  Andy  in  a  quite  voice. 

"You  shouldn't  let  it  get  to  you  darling.  Think  about  me,  since  my  brothers  made  it  big  in the  1960s,  I've  been  in  the  limelight.  Now  look,  I'm  my  own  person,"  Andy  said  while  holding  my  hand.  

"It's  something  new  I   have  to  get  used  to,  that's  all  darling,"  I  said  back  to  him  in  the  best  Australian  accent  I  could  do.

"This  is  why  I  love  you,"  Andy  mumbled.

My  eyes  went  wide.  Neither  of  us  had  said    I  love  you  yet.

"Did  you  just  say  you  love  me?"  I  asked  curiously,  smiling  wide.

Andy  looked  shocked,  "Uh  no,  I  didn't."

"Oh  my  gosh  you   did.  I  love  you  too,  I  hope  you  know  that,"  I  reply  quickly.

"I  wasn't  sure  how  you  would  react  to  me  blurting  it  out.  I've  been  dying  to  say  that,"  Andy  sheepishly  states.

"Were  building  our  dreams  together,  one  record  at  a  time,"  I  responded.

Andy  and  I ate  our  breakfast  contently.   We  watched  some  reruns  of  "One  Day  at  a  Time,"  cleaned  the  beach  house,  and  went  swimming.    

After  this  weekend,   things  would  take  a  fast  change.