Chapter 53 Lace Dreams

*February  1980*

(Y/N)  picks  up  her  wedding  dress  and  shows  it  off  to  Andy.  

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  the  bridal  shop  called  me  saying  my  wedding  dress  was  finally  ready.   I've  done  3  fittings  trying  to  get  the  perfect  fit.  I  chose  a  less  longer  dress  because  first  off,  I'm  clumsy.  I'm  scared  if  I  have  a  longer  dress  train  I'd  fall  flat  on  my  face.  The  dress  (seen  above)  is  cute,  quaint,  and  just  my  style.

I  didn't  tell  Andy  that  my  dress  had  come  in  yet.  I  wanted  to  dress  up  in  it  and  surprise  him.

I  took  Karen  with  me  to  pick  up  my  dress.  The  brides  made  dresses  will  be  in  a  few  days  from  now.  We  went  with  a  blush  pink.

I  was  in  the  dressing  room  of  the  bridal  shop,  doing  my  last  fitting  for  now.  I'd  have  one  last  fitting  one  week  before  the  wedding.

Anna,  the  shop  owner,  was  the  one  helping  me  today.

"Just  one  more   check  of  the  lace,"  Anna  said  walking  around  me.

I  looked  back  at  myself  in  the  mirror.  I  couldn't  believe  I  was  going  to  get  married.  I'm  getting  married  to  Andy  Gibb.  I  shook  my  head  and  smiled  at  myself  in  the  mirror. 

"All  right  Miss.  (Y/N),  looks  like  you  are  ready  to  show  your  friend  how  it  looks,"  Anna  said  smiling  at  me.  

"Wait,  here  is  a  veil  to  try  on  with  the  dress  to  make  it  more  official,"  Anna  said  before  opening  the  door.

"Wow,  I  look,  wow,"  I  said  breathless.

I  stepped  out  of  the  dressing  room.  Karen  was  flipping  through  a  bridal  lookbook  before  noticing  me.

"Hey  KC,  whatcha  think?"  I  said  twirling.

"Oh  my  gosh  (Y/N)!  You  look  stunning!"  Karen  said  jumping  up  from  her  seat.

"The  lace  detail  here  and  here  are  vintage  so  she  has  something  borrowed,"  Anna  said  gesturing  to  the  trim  on  my  dress.

"You  are  going  to  make  so  many  girls  jealous!"  Karen  said  laughing.

"Hey  I'm  marrying  Andy   Gibb  for  every  teenage  girl  too  ya  know.  I  can  share,"  I  said  laughing.

"You  and  Andy  make  a  beautiful  couple  I  must  say.  Maybe  I'm  biased,"  Karen  said  looking  at  the  sleeves  on  my  dress.

"Imagine  the  children  we  will  make,"  I  told  her  nochantly. 

"Well  I  know  its  still  a  few  years  away  but  I'm  calling  dibs  on  a  auntie  title,"  Karen  said  giggling.

"Yes  Auntie  Karen  has  a  nice  ring  to  it,"  I  told  her  while  I  looked  in  another  mirror,  admiring  my  dress.

"Is  Andy  going  to  be  home  when  you  get  back?"  Karen  asked  me.

"No  he  had  a  interview  today  to  promote  his  newest  single  and  album,  why?"  I  asked  her  curiously.

"You  really  wanna  knock  his  socks  off?  Go  home  and  get  all  fancy  and  show  off  your  dress,"  Karen  suggested.

"Oooh  KC  I  like  your  thinking,"  I  said  heading  back  to  the  dressing  room  so  I  could  get  out  of  the  dress.

I  got  back  into  my  regular  clothes  and  Anna  packed  my  dress  up  nice  and  neat.

"Don't  forget  to  come  back  one  week  before  the  wedding  for  the  last  fitting!  And  the  bridemaid  dresses  should  be  ready  in  a  few  days,"  Anna  told  me  before  me  and  Karen  walked  out.

"Thank  you  for  everything  Anna.  See  you  in  a  few  days,"  I  told  her  with  a  smile.

Me  and  Karen  walked  to  our  cars. 

"Ok  (Y/N)  I'll  see  you  tomorrow  at  the  studio,"  Karen  said  giving  me  a  tight  hug.

"Thanks  for  coming  with  me  today  Karen!  See  you  tomorrow,"  I  said  pulling  away  from  the  hug.

My  dress  was  secure  in  my  backseat  and  I  drove  home  happily.  

I  pulled  up  to  the  house.  Thank  goodness  Andy  wasn't  home  yet.  I  hurried  in  fast   so  I  could  get  some  "fancy"  makeup  on  and  the  dress  too.

I  put  on   some  red  lipstick  and  added  more  shadow  to  my  lid.   I  curled  my  hair  more.  

I  went  and  put  on  the  wedding  dress.  

"Crap,  how  can  I  zip  this  by  myself?"  I  mumbled  outloud.

I  saw  the  hanger  sitting  there.  Bingo!  Use  the  hanger  to  zip  the  dress.

I  went  up  to  my  mirror  and  examined  myself.  I  looked  different.  A  good  different,  being  happy. 

I  heard  the  door  close  downstairs.  I  made  it  just  in  time.  

"Darling?  Where  are  you  holy  crap,"  Andy  said  breathless  looking  at  me  at  the  top  of  the  stairs. 

"My  wedding  dress came  in.  How  do  you  like  it?"  I  said  giving  a  twirl.

"Uh,  wow  darling,  just,  damn.  Wait  did  I  just  say  that  out loud?"  Andy  said  with  a  bit  of  frustration  in  his  voice.

"I'm  taking   that  as  a  compliment.  Thank  you  darling,"   I  said  walking  back  to  the  bedroom  to  put  the  dress  away.

Andy's  footsteps  were  coming  up  the  stairs  quick.

"Wait  wait  wait.  (Y/N)  you  honestly  look  like  a  princess,"  Andy  said  slowly  wrapping  his  arms  around  me.

"Thanks  love,"  I  said  mumbled.

"Do  you  have  to  change  right  now  or  can  I  just  admire  you?  This  isn't  bad  luck  is  it?"  Andy  said   running  his  fingers  on  my  arms.

"I  don't  have  to  but  I  don't  want  the  dress  ruined,"  I  told  him  softly.

"Ok  fine  darling  but  I'm  still  gonna  still  stare  at  you  and  adore  you,"  Andy  said  mumbling  into  my  neck.

"That's  fine  love.  We  can   enjoy  each  other,"  I  said  winking  and  walking  to  the  bathroom  to  change.  

"You  are  such  a  tease  darling,"  Andy  said  from  outside  the  door.

I  maybe  a  tease,  but  Andy  loves  it.