Chapter 174 Ready for that Rock & Roll

*August  1983*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  host  a  1950/1960s  themed  party  for  the  release  of  Andy's  new  single.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Andy's  released  a  new  single.  It's  called  "All  of  My  Love."  Him  and  Barry  worked  on  it  the  week  I  was  having  my  panic  attacks  about  my  Mo  dream.  To  celebrate  with  his  friends  in  the  business,  he  wanted  to  throw  a  little  summer  bash  but  make  it  50s  themed. 

We  went  to  a  thrift  store  earlier  in  the  week  and  looked  for  vintage  polka  dot  material  that  we  could  use  as  table  runners.  Then,  I  went  to  a  local  party  supply  shop  and  got  red  and  white  streamers,  red  and  white  balloons,  and  other  party  decorations.

On  the  invites,  we  made  sure  to  let  everyone  know  to  dress vintage  aka  1950s.  It's  kind  of  crazy  how  I  would  dress  "vintage"  in  the  future.  The  styles of  the  70s  and  80s  are  my  favorite.  Now  look  where I  am,  living  in  that  time.

Andy  decided  on  a  white  shirt,  black  jeans,  black  Converses  and  he  sleeked  his  hair  back  into  a  cowlick.  He  had  a  leather  jacket  he  would  keep  with  him,  but  depending  on  the  weather  is  if  he  would  wear  it.

I  decided  on  a  black  and  white  polka  dot  short  sleeve  dress,  black  heels,  white  headband,  pearl  earrings  and  necklace.  I  gave  myself  fringe  bangs  so  it  looked  more  vintage.

Of  course,  Andy  invited  his  brothers,  Karen  and  Rich  as  well  as  Livvy.  Other  people  in  the  business  were  invited,  but  I  was  closer  to  Karen,  Rich  and  Livvy.

Andy  and  I  carefully  crafted  the  DJ's  playlist  by  including  people  like  Buddy  Holly,  Tommy James & the Shondells,  The  Everly  Brothers,  the  Mills  Brothers,  etc.

Guests  were  already  arriving  by  the  time  I  made  it  downstairs.  I  don't  exactly  have  exactly  the  best  stature  with  heels.

I  hear  a  whistle  come  from  my  left  side.  Of  course  it  was  my  Andy.

"Look  at  the  gorgeous  babe  that  just  walked  in,"  Andy  said  winking  at  me.

Of  course,  I  turn  crimson  red  at  his  comment.  He  was  standing  with  Barry  talking  about  music  videos  becoming  a  new  fad.

"Andyyyyy  really?"  I  replied  giving  his  cheek  a  quick  kiss.  

I  notice  I  left  a  kiss  mark.  Oops,  I  forgot  I  was  wearing  lipstick  tonight.

"Andy  should  leave  that  there  tonight,"   Barry  said  gesturing  to  his  face.

"What?"  Andy  asked  confused  as  he  looked  at  his  reflection  in  a  nearby  spoon.

"I  sorry,"  I  said  giggling.

"Wait  does  this  stain?"  Andy  asked  grabbing  a  napkin.

"It  shouldn't.  It's  just  lipstick  love,"  I  said  laughing.

"He's  so  serious  ain't  he?"  Barry  asked  me  chuckling.

"Yes  sometimes  he  is,"  I  replied  to  him.

"(Y/N)!"  Karen  called  from  the  gate.

I  left  Andy  and  Barry  to  finish  conversing  and  headed  to  Karen.

"Hey  KC!"  I  replied  giving  her  a  hug.

"How  are  you  doll  face?"  Karen  asked.

"Good!  Where's  Rich?"  I  asked  her  after  she  pulled  away  from  the  hug.

"He's  running  late.  He  had  problems  with  his  car  in  San  Diego,  which  is  where  he  was  staying  at  last  night  for  some  piano  convention,"  Karen  told  me.

"Oh  ok  haha,"  I  replied.

Karen  saw  Maurice  and  Robin  and  walked  over  to  them  to  mingle.  I  went  back  inside  for  a  while  to  relax  my  feet  cause  heels  were  not  my  thing.

I  was  sitting  at  the  kitchen  breakfast  bar  and  got  off  the  chair  and  fell  into  someone.

"Seriously  I'm  sorry  it  was  my  fault,"  I  heard  an  accent  voice  speak.

I  looked  up  and  it  was  Mo.

"Uh  we  got  to  stop  meeting  like  this  haha.   I'm  so  sorry  Mo.  What  did  you  want?"  I  said  still  in  his  arms.

"Just  wanted  to  see  if  you  were  ok  cause  Andy  is  not  budging   from  Barry  haha,"   Mo  replied.

"I  just  had  to  sit  down   cause  my  feet  hurt.  Um  you  can  let  me  go  now,"  I  replied  with  a  laugh.

"Oh  right  sorry," Mo  replied  nervously.

"I'mma  go,"  I  said  awkwardly  pointing  to  the  door.

"I'll  be  back  out  in  a  bit,"  Mo  said  with  a  shake  in  his  voice.

I  went  and  found  Andy  to  see  if  he  wanted  a  drink  or  anything.

"Actually  I'll  come  chill  with  you  for  a  bit  darling  before  they  serve  dinner,"  Andy  replied  sweetly.

"My  feet  are  killing  me,"  I  said  sitting  on  a  patio  chair.

"Why  didn't  you  wear  sneakers  darling?"  Andy  asked  laughing.

"I  wanted  to  dress  more  like  the  way  I  visualize  glamour  50s  girls  would  have  dressed  like  Lucille  Ball  or  even  Audrey  Hepburn,"  I  replied.  

"Yerp  you  always  like  making  a  statement,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  hand.

We  enjoyed  the  rest  of  our  oldies  themed  party.