Chapter 116 Rainy Days

*April  1982*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  start  dancing  in  the  rain.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Today  is  a  dream  to  me.  It's  a  drenching  rainy  day.  The  temperature  is  cool,  my  Andy  is  home  and  we  are  staying  lowkey  today.

One  thing  I  always  wanted  to  do  since  I  was  younger  was  dance  in  the  rain.  Call  me  crazy,  but  it  seems  so  romantic  and  loving  to  dance  in  the  rain  with  someone  you  love.

I  stared  out  the  glass  screen  door  and  saw  the  rain  glistening  the  grass.  

"Whatcha  doing  darling?"  Andy  asked  me  leaning  his  head  in  the  crook  of  my  neck.

"Just  enjoying  the  rain  coming  down," I  said  with  a  sigh.

"Something's  on  your  mind  darling,  what's  up?"  he  asked  me,  hugging  me  lightly.

"Nothing  love  I  just  have  this  crazy  dream  about  a  rain  storm,"  I  said  quietly.

"It's  probably  not  crazy  darling .  Shed  some  light  on  it  for  me?"  Andy  asked.

"Well  I  always  wanted  to  dance  in  the  rain  when   I  was  little  and  today's  the  perfect  rain  for  it,"  I  said,  a  bit  shy.

"Aw  darling  that's  so  cute.  Why  don't  we  go  out  and  have  fun  in  the  rain?"  Andy  asked  me.

"It's  not  silly?"  I  asked  him.

"Not  the  slightest,"  Andy  said  cupping  my  face.

I  turned  my  eyes  away  for  a  moment.  Sometimes,  Andy's  intense  eye's  stare  into  the  depths  of  my  soul.

"Let's  get  some  shoes  on  first?"  I  asked  Andy.

"Yeah  well  duh  darling,"  Andy  said  chuckling.

We  went  upstairs  real  quick  to  slip  on  some  shoes.  I  grabbed  my  raincoat  just  so  I  didn't  get  completely  drenched.

Sam  stayed  inside  as  the  rain  would  ruin  his  clean  coat  and  dirty  his  feet.

Andy  opened  the  glass  door  and  stuck  out  his  hand.

"May  I  have  this  dance?"  Andy  asked  like  a  gentleman.

"You  certainly  may  sir,"  I  said  in  the  best  accent  possible.

Andy  wrapped  his  arms  around  me  as  we  just  swayed  to  the  music  playing  from  our  kitchen  radio.

Ironically,  the  Carpenters  "Touch  Me  When  We're  Dancing,"  came  on.

"This  will  be  our  new  song,"  Andy  said  whispering.

"I  could  fly  coast to  coast,"  I  whispered  singed.

Andy  tried  dipping  me  all  cute,  but  me  being  the  hot  mess  I  was,  did  not  look  it.

While  in  the  dipped  position,  he  kissed  my  face  as  the  rain  fell  all  around  us.

Andy  brought  me  back  up, "I  hope  this  is  how  you  dreamed  this  dream  would  play  out."

"More  then  you  could  imagine  love,"  I  said  giving  Andy's  torso  a  hug.

He  wasn't  much  taller  but  there  was  still  a  difference  in  height  that  made  us  look  cute  haha.

The  sun  started  peeking  out  behind  a  rain  cloud.  I  honestly  didn't  want  the  rain  to  stop.  I  was  enjoying  my  quite  time  with  Andy.

"Look  darling,"  Andy  said  pointing  over  the  house.

A  rainbow  began  appearing  before  our  eyes.

"Oh  how  pretty  love,"  I  said  in  amazement.

A  second  rainbow  started  appearing  too.

"Aren't  rainbows  supposed  to  be  good  luck?" Andy  wondered  outloud.

"I  think  so?"  I  told  him.

We  heard  a  loud  crack  of  thunder  and  decided  to  go  in  for  now.

I  went  upstairs  to  dry  my  face  off   with  a  towel.

"So  darling?"  Andy  came  up  behind  me  in  the  bathroom  mirror.

"What?"  I  asked  giggling.

"Did  you  like  dancing  in  the  rain?"  Andy  asked.

"Of  course  love  I  did,"  I  said  turning  around  to  kiss  his  face.

It  was  still  wet  from  the  rain  so  I  pat  dried  it  for  him.

"Don't  ever  feel  embarrassed  about  dreams  you  have  ok?"  Andy  said  reassuring.

"Of  course  love  I  try  not  too," I  told  him  sitting  on  the  bed,  taking  my  shoes  off.

"I'll  always  be  your  everything,"  Andy  said  winking  at  me  going  back  downstairs  to  check  on  Sam.

I  leaned  back  on  the  bed,  covered  my  face,  and  happily  sighed  for  I've  saved  the  everlasting  love.