Chapter 106 A Dream Come True

*December 1981*

(Y/N)'s  latest  single  hits  gold . Andy  instigates  hide  and  seek.

(Y/N)'s  POV:

So  I  got  a  delivery  of  flowers  today  from  A&M  Records  congratulating  me  on  my  single  hitting  gold.

It's  all  still  very  surreal. Being  here  with  Andy,  Karen,  Andy's  brothers  too.  This  life  is  a  dream  come  true.

"Congrats  darling.  You  are  making  it  big,"  Andy  told  me.

"Thank  you  love.  It's  all  very  overwhelming,"  I  said  putting  the  flower  arrangement  on  the  coffee  table. 

"Do  you  think  you  will  be  doing  a  new  album  soon?"  Andy  asked.

"I  don't  know.  Herb  wants  to  see  how  the  singles  do.  This  one  is  one  of  three  I  am  releasing,"  I   told  him.

"Well  darling  I  think  it's  going  to  be  a  new  album  sooner  then  later  love  because  this  single  is  already  gold.  It'll  probably  go  platinum,"  Andy  told  me  while  he  read  the  card  sent.

"Maybe  love.  I  don't  know  what  Herb  is  planning  for  me.  After  the  tour,  I  felt  like  I  was  a  one  hit  wonder,"  I  said  laughing.

"You  are  not  a  one-hit-wonder  darling.  You  are  a  hit  everywhere,"  Andy  told  me  encouragingly.

"Aw  thanks  Andycakes," I  said  laughing.

"Andycakes?  Is  that  a  new  nickname?"  he  asked  laughing. 

"It  can  be  if  you  like  it  love.  I  just  said  it  cause  it  sounds  cute,"  I  said  caressing  his  face.

"Andycakes......I  don't  know  how  I  feel  haha.  I  don't  hate  it  but  I  don't  like  it  either,"  Andy  said  locking  eyes  with  me.

"I  won't  say  it  again  love,"  I  said  shyly.

"Uh  huh  sure,"  Andy  said  smirking.

"I  pinky  promise," I  said  sticking  my  finger  out  to  make  a  pinky  promise.

"I  don't  believe  you  darling,"  Andy  said  all  matter  of  factly.

"And  why  not?"  I  asked  with  my  eyebrows  raised.

"Because,"  Andy  said.

"Because  why  love?"  I  asked  him.

"Cause  I  said  so  that's  why,  boom,"  Andy  said   sticking  his  tongue  out  at  me.

"That's  not  how  this  works,"  I  said.

"Uh  huh  it  sure  does  darling,"  Andy  said  mocking  my  hand  movements.

"Nope  it  does  not,"  I  said  poking  him.

"Stop  poking  me  darling.  You  aren't  going  to  win,"  Andy  said  laughing.

"Yes  I  will  win!"  I  said  making  a  dash  for  the  staircase  and  running  upstairs.

Andy  was  kind  of  shocked  and  waited  a  moment  to  go  after  me.

"Get  back  here  darling!"  Andy  said  running  towards  my  direction.

Little  did  he  know,  I  was  hiding  in  the  hall  closet.

"I'm  going  to  get  Sam  to  help  me  just  you  watch!"  Andy  said  going  to  the  backyard.

I  peeked  out  and  saw  him  fully  distracted  outside.  This  was  my  move  to  go  upstairs  into  my  closet.

I  went  as  fast  as  I  could  and  sat  perfectly  behind  some  boxes  of  shoes  in  the  closet.

Andy's  voice  echoed  throughout  the  house.

"(Y/N)  I  know  you  are  here!  Oh  damn  it,  just  the  mop,"  Andy  said  opening  the  hall  closet  where  I  was  at  moments  ago.

"Sam  go  find  (Y/N),"  Andy  said.

I  could  hear  Sam's  paws  pitter  pattering  around  the  hardwood  floor.  But,  to  my  luck,  he  did  not  come  upstairs.

"(Y/N)  where  are  you?"  Andy  said  from  what  appeared  to  be  the  bottom  of  the  stairs.

I  stayed  quite.

"If  you  don't  show  yourself,  you  are  going  to  pay  for  it,"  Andy  said.

"Sam  go  find  her  boy  go  go,"  Andy  said  sending  Sam  upstairs.

Sam  came  into  our  room  and  just  flopped  by  the  end  of  the  bed  from  the  little  crack  in  the   closet.

"Sam  no  don't  go  to  sleep  help  me  find  (Y/N),"  Andy  said  giving  him  a  pat.

I  was  trying  to  hold  back  a  sneeze  but  couldn't  keep  it  quite.  Just  my   luck.

"Ahhh-chooo,"  I  sneezed  into  a  throw  pillow.

"Darling?"  Andy  said.

I  chose to  stay  quiet.

"Where  are  you?"  Andy  said  walking  by  the  closet  doors.

I  stayed  still.

"Are  you  in  the  bathtub?  Nope  not  in  here,"  Andy  said  walking  around.

I  could  hear   his  footsteps  come  back  this  way.  I  saw  his  shadow  outside  by   the  closet  doors.

He  opened  the  closet  and  much  to  my  dismay,  he  didn't  appear  to  see  me.

"Ok  how  did  you  sneeze  and  sound  like  you  were  in  here?"  Andy  said  walking  out  and  shutting  the  door.

I  couldn't  stay  in  there  any  longer  and  I  got  out  of  the  closet.

I  then  felt  two  arms  wrap  around  me.

"You  lose  darling,"  Andy  said  whispering  in  my  ear.

"Tha's  not  fair  you  tricked  me.  I  call  a  recount,"  I  said.

"You  can't  trick  me  darling,"  Andy  said  hugging  me.

"Fine  but  I  want  to  call  it  a  tie,"   I  said  pouting.

"It  isn't  going  to  work  on  me,"  Andy  said  smirking.

This  was  going  to  be  a  long  day  going  back  and  forth  with  Andy  and  his  win.