Chapter 42 Cleaning

*late  1979*

(Y/N)  and  Andy  are  home  cleaning  and  trying  to  organize  their  lives  now  that  the  holidays  are  over.  

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Me  and  Andy  have  been  neglecting  our  housework.  We've  both  been  so  busy  with  our  careers  and  life  in  general  we  really  haven't  done  much  in  terms  of  house  keeping.  

Since  I  don't  have  to  go  the  studio  and  Andy's  done  recording  his  album,  today   we  are  doing  a  deep  clean  of  the  household.

We  are  starting  with   doing  our  sheets.  Boy  was  this  fun   undoing  the  sheets  as  they  kept  getting  stuck  on  stuff  around   the  bed.

"Are  you  good  darling?  Do  you  need  help  walking  down  the  stairs?"  Andy  chuckled  from  behind  me.

I  had  all  the  sheets  in  my  hands  and  the  comforter  in  a  ball  as  well.  I  tried  being  Wonder  Woman.  

"No  I'm  good  love,"  I  said  walking  with  my  back  against  the  wall  and  taking  one  step  at  a   time.

"I'm  not  sure  whether  to  defy  you   and  help  or  just  let  you  be  yourself,"  Andy  said  looking  in  my  direction.

"I  got  it  darling.  I  don't,  uh,  need  help,"  I  said  nearly  losing  my  balance.

Andy  ran  past  me  on  the  stairs   and  started   guiding   me  down  to  the  laundry  room.

"You   are  crazy  darling.    You  know  I'm   always  going  to  want  to  help  you,"  Andy  said  helping  start  the  washer.

"I  know  Andy.  I  just   like  my  independence,"  I  said  kissing  his  face.

"You  are  too  much  sometimes,"   Andy  said  pouring  detergent  into  the  washer.

I  headed  to  our  hall  closet  to  get  out  some  clean  sheets   and  started  trying  to  make  the  bed.  Andy  soon  followed  back  upstairs  to  help.

We  worked  together  to  make  the  bed  back  up,  minus  the  comforter.  

I   swept  and  mopped  our  bedroom  (we  have  tile  flooring).  Andy  cleaned  the  blinds  and  ceiling  fans.  Soon  the  washer  went  off  so  I  ran  and  put  the  load  in  the  dryer.

I  hung  up  some  clothes  that  were  sitting  on  the  closet  floor.  Andy  got  some  room  spray  and  made  it  smell  like  lavender  in  our  room  and  lit  some  candles  now  that  is  was  clean  and  cozy.

We  took  a  break   and  got  some  lunch.  Andy  called  in  an  order  for  pizza  and  we  ate  happily.

"Pizza  was  a  great   idea  love.  Thank  you  for  lunch,"  I  told  Andy  as  I  cleaned  up  the  pizza  box  mess.

"Of  course  darling  it  was  a  fast  and  easy  lunch,"  Andy  told  me  while  he  drank  some  water.

I  heard  the  dryer  go  off  so  I  ran  and  pulled  the  load  of  laundry  out  so  we  could   put  the  comforter  back  on  our  bed.  

"Ok  one  two  three,"  I  shook  the  comforter  so  it  reached  Andy's  side  of  the  bed.

"This  got  really  fluffy,"  Andy  said  laughing.  

I  laid  on  the  bed  and  took  a  deep  breath.

Andy  soon  followed.

"I'm  taking  advantage  of  cuddles  from  you  darling,"  Andy  said  pulling  me  closer.

"Cuddles  is  always  a  good  idea  darling,"  I  said  kissing  his  lips  softly.

"We  should  take  a  nap  darling,"  Andy  said  stifling  a  yawn.

"I  think  that's  a  good  idea  love,"  I  said  pulling  myself  closer  to  Andy.

"I  love  you  (Y/N),"  Andy  whispered  in  my  ear.

"I  love  you  more,"  I  mumbled  into  his  chest.

Soon,  we  were  both  asleep  and  content  in  each  others  arms.