Chapter 7: Shadows and Music

(Y/N)'s POV:

*It   is  now  June  1978. *

Video  Above  is  for  Reference  on  what   the  reader  is  going  through.  

Time   was   going  by.  I  was  learning  more  and  more  every  day  in  my  new  life.   Andy  and  I  saw  each  other  when  we  could.  He  was  busy  promoting  his  new  album,  Shadow  Dancing.

 Between  all  the  appearances  and  concerts  the  Carpenters  had,  I  was  a  busy  bee.  But,  you  know,  Andy  wasn't  lying  when  he  said  he  liked  me.   In  between  shows  or  appereances,  we  would  meet  up  as  Johnny  Martin  just  to  spend  some  quality  time  together.  

Today  was  the  day  Karen  and  Richard  were  going  to  be  on  the  Tonight  Show.  John  Davidson  was  hosting.    This  was  the  first  TV  performance  that  I  was  to  do.  I  mean,  we  did  do  the  charity  show,  but  thousands  of  people  would  be  watching  from  home  on  this  one.

I  stood  by  as  Davidson  interviewed  Karen  and  Richard.   They  discussed  their  trip  to  Germany.    They  had  gone  oversees  for  Star  Parade,  but  I  had  stayed  behind  in  the  states  as  I   was  terribly  afraid  of  flying  still  in  this  new  universe.  

We  performed  a  melody  of  their  hits.  I  still  struggled  on  "Rainy  Days  and  Mondays."

My  favorite  part  was  when  I  looked  up  to  the  audience.   I  locked  eyes  with  familiar  Aussie  eyes.  Andy  was  sitting  in  the  way  back.  I  was  surprised  to  see  him.  He  waved,  winked  at  me,    and  cheered.  I  looked  to  his  right  and  his  brothers  Maurice  and  Robin  were  with  him.  My  heart  sank  just  a  bit  as  I  hadn't  met  his  family  yet.    After  the  show,  I  would  be  more  nervous  then  ever.  

Shortly  after,  it  was  time  for  one  more  song.   I  had  suggested  to  Richard   for  the  show  to  cover  an  ABBA song.  My  two  favorite  worlds  colliding.    Richard  chose  "Thank  You  For  The  Music."

*after  the  show*

Me  and  Karen  hung  out  in  the  dressing  room  for  a  few  before  the  rest  of  the  instruments  were  loaded  back  on  to  the  trailer.   My  leg   kept  bouncing  in   nervousness.

Karen  looked  over  at  me,  "What's  the  matter  (Y/N)? "

I  sighed  nervously,  "Andy  was  in  the  audience  with  his  brothers.  I  told  security  they  could  come  back  here  when  the  show  was  done  taping."

She  tilted  her  head,  "(Y/N),  you  got  this.  There  is  nothing  to  worry  about.  I'm  sure  they  will  love  you   just  like  Andy  loves  you."

"Karennnnnnn,"  I  dragged   out  the  n  in  her  name,  "I  got  one  shot  not  to  embarrass  myself."

Just  then,  a  knock  startled  me  out  of  our  conversation.  

"Who  is  it?"  Karen  asked  loudly.

"It's  Johnny  Martin  and  his  brothers,"  Andy  said   with  a   booming  voice.  

I  held  my  breath   for  a  moment  before  breathing  out  a  shaky,  "Come  in  gentleman."

Karen  gets  up  to  leave  and  gives  me  a  thumbs  up  and  mouths, "You  got  this."  

"Hello  love,"  Andy  walks  in  and  greets  me.  Maurice  and  Robin  trail  in  behind  him.  

"Hi  Andy,"  I  kiss  his  cheek  and  give   him  hug.  

He  turns  red,  obviously  because  his  brothers  are  in  our  presents.  

"Uh,  I  would  like  to  introduce  you  to  my  twin  brothers.  I  mean  my  brothers  who  are  uh twins,  Maurice  and  Robin,"  Andy  says  with  a  nervous  stutter.  

I  reached  my  hand  out  to  Maurice  and  Robin.  

"(Y/N),  we  don't  do  handshakes,  we  do  hugs,"  Maurice  responded.  

"Yeah,  we  do  hugs,"  Robin  chimed  in.   

So,  I  hugged  them  both.  It  was  weird  knowing  what  the  future  for  both  of  them  held.

"Andy  has  told  us  so  much  about  you  (Y/N).  You  sound  amazing  on  stage,"  Maurice  said  chipperly  while  sipping  some  water.

"Andy  doesn't  stop  talking  about  you,"  Robin  chimed  in  while  smirking  in  our  direction. 

"Well  I  hope  what  he  has  told  you  is  all  good  things,"  I  said  with  a  giggle.

Andy  grabs   my  hand   for  comfort  and  whispers,  " I  wouldn't  tell  them  any  lies  love."

I  give  his  hand  a  squeeze  of  reassurance.      Perhaps  he  was  true  to  his  newest  single,  "An  Everlasting  Love."

Andy  asked  me,  "Would  you  like  to  get  some  dinner  with  us?  I'm  sure  it  would  help  us  all  get  to  know  each  other  more,  especially  for  you  to  know  my  twins.  I  mean  my  brothers  who  are  twins."  

I  looped  my  arm  in    his,  "I  would  love  to!"  

Before  we  left,  I  went  and  found  Karen  and  told  her  I  would  be  not  having  dinner   with  the  band.  

Me  and  the  Gibb  brothers   went  of  to  dinner  as  my  nervousness  dissappeared.  Everything  new  is  scary.  

I  was  on  top  of  the  world.