Chapter 2: Hill Street Confusion

(Y/N)'s  POV:

    As  I  started  coming  back  to  my  senses,  the  room  around  me  was  no  longer  the  same.  An  ABBA  poster  was  now  above  my  bed,  which  I  did  not  own.  A   Andy  Gibb  cutout  also  came  into  my  vision.  I  kept  thinking  to  myself,  I  must  be  dreaming.   I  look  around  to  find  a  mirror  or  a  calendar,  whichever  I  found  first.   I  come  up  to  the full-length mirror  and  shrieked  in  disbelief.  My  hair  was  flared  out  with  wispy  bangs,  I  had  blue  eyeshadow  on,  which  is  not  my  color.  I  also  had  a  matching  denim  jumpsuit  and  platforms  on.    As  I  contiuned  to  look  around  the  room,  a  calendar  with  May  1978   was  hanging  on  the  back  of  the  door.   My  dream  came  true,  but  how  is  this  all  possible?

I  opened  the  door  of  the  room  and  this  definitely  was  not  my  house.  I  looked  around  for  some  keys  and  pocketed  them  just  so  I  didn't  lock  myself  out.  I  adventured  outside,  as  weird  as  my  makeup  was  and  began  walking.  Not  much  was  different  then  2021  except  face  masks  weren't  on  everyone.    

The  biggest  thing   that  had  changed  was  the  cars.  There  was  beautiful,  brand  new  Chevys  and  Lincoln's  parked  along  the  curb.   As  I  was  walking  along,  I  kept  mistepping  because  of  these  platforms.  Ok,  I  may  have  been  wrong  on  the  fashion   from  the  1970s.  I  didn't  wanna die  from  these  shoes.  Despite  being  distracted  by  the  cars,  I  heard  high  pitch  teenage  screams  coming  from  the  direction  I  was  walking.   I  mistepped  on  the  curb   and  fell  into  someone,  literally.  

 I  pushed  back  as  fast  as  I  could.  I  began  to  apologize  under  my  breath, "I  am  so  sorry  I  literally  don't  know  how  to  walk."   Then,  a  hand  brought  my  head  up.  "No  need  to  apologize  darling,"  a  man  with  a  foreign  accent  stated.  As  our  eyes  met,  my  voice  got  caught  in  my  throat.  The  soft  spoken  man  was  no  other than Andy  Gibb.    Where  was  this  luck  for  my  biology  and  pre-calc  classes?

I  finally  snapped  into  reality  as  he  kept  eye  contact  with  me.  I  began  to  speak,  "No it's my  fault,  uh  sir."   I  tried  to  hide  the  fact  that  I  actually  knew  who  he  was.   

"No  sweat,  dude,"  I  tried  to  reassure  the  Australian.    Andy  began  to  smile.      "Well  darling,  can  I  least  take  you  to  dinner  perhaps  tonight  after  my  show  so  I  can  make  up  for  my  mistake?"  

All   I  could  think  to  myself  was  how  was  my  luck  changing  to  this?  Andy  Gibb literally  just  asked  me  out. 

  I  sighed,  "You  know  what  that  would  be  lovely  uhhhhh."  

 Andy  stuck  his  hand  out,  "The  names  Andy,  Andy  Gibb.  I'm  surprised  you  don't  recognize  me  as  all  those  teenage   girls  did."  

 I  shook  my  head,  trying  to  keep  it  cool,  "No  I'm  really  more  of  a country  girl  to  be  honest.  My  names  (Y/N)  (Y/L/N).   This  disco  stuff  is  a  little  too  heavy  for  my   liking."   

 He  smiled  and  said,  "I  better  get  going.  We  can  meet  at  Hill Street  Bar.  Tell  them  you  are  there  to  meet  Johnny  Martin.  That's  my  alias  so  we  don't  get  mobbed  by  fans."   I  smiled  as  we  parted  ways.  

I   was  walking  now  on  Hollywood  Boulevard  and  spotted  a  record  store.   I  felt  in  my  pockets   to  see  if  I  had  any  cash.  I  ended  up  pulling  out  a  credit   card.  Hmmm  I  could  get  use  to  this.   Even  if  this  was  only  temporary,  I snagged  a  signed  copy  of  Andy's  newest  album  Shadow  Dancing  and  a  few  poster  and  tees.  

Even  if  I  don't  get  to  keep  these,  boy  this  is  a  wonderful  teenage  dream.   I  headed  back  to  my  apartment  to  get  ready  for  a  date  that  I  never  thought   would  come  true.