Chapter 177 Home Sweet Home

*September  1983*

Andy  comes  home  from  his  trip 

(Y/N)'s  POV:

Andy  comes  home  today!  It  was  a  fast  week   but  I'm  glad  Andy  is  coming  home.

I  cleaned  the  house  top  to  bottom,  planned  to  fix  one   of  his  favorite  meals  (steaks  and  potatoes)  and  chilled  many  Diet  Cokes  for  him.

I  am  guessing  he  might  be  jet-lagged  when  he  gets  home  so  I  got  him  some  comfy  clothes  ready  to  change  into  after  he  showers.

His  plane  lands  at  12:15pm  so  I  decided  to  meet  him  at  the  airport  to  pick  him  up.

I  got  a  small  bouquet  of   flowers  and  stood  at  the  gate  where  Andy  would   get  off.

I  stood  there  patiently  waiting.  I  wish  cellphones  existed  cause  he  could  easily  tell  me  when  he's  coming.

I   kept  making  sure  the  flowers  weren't  droopy  when  I  looked  up  and  my  Andy.

"Darling!"  Andy  shouted  from  the  gate.

"Love!"  I  shouted  back  waving.

Andy  ran  towards  my  direction  and  engulfed  me  in  the  biggest  hug  ever.

"Hi  love  how  are  you?"  I  asked  him  in  his  ear.

"I'm  good  just  missed  you  so  much,"  Andy  replied  carresing  my  hair   while  he  hugged  me.

We  stayed  in  an  embrace  for  a  while   then  we  pulled  apart.

I  noticed  Andy  had  a  wrist  brace  on.

"Love,  how  did  you  do  that?"  I  said  pointing  to  his  left  wrist.

"I'll  tell  you  the  story  on  the  way  home.  Let's  go  get  my  bags  and  go  home,"  Andy  said  grabbing  my  hand.

"Ok  haha,"  I  said  following  his  lead.

"The  flowers  are  beautiful  darling   you  are  so  cute,"  Andy  told  me.

We  went  to  baggage  claim  and  found  his  stuff  then  headed  to  the  car.

I  helped  him  put  his  bags  in  the  trunk  and  we  got  settled   in  for  the  drive  home.

I  started  the  car  and  then  I  started  questioning  him.

"Ok  so  what happened was  during  an  interview,  someone  asked  me  if  you  would  have  rather  dated  one  of  my  brothers  and  they  started  making  up  scenarios  and  it  really  ticked  me  off  so  I  punched  the  wall  after  the  interview  was  done.  I  ended  up  spraining  my  wrist,"  Andy  said  as  he  stared  out  the  window.

I  couldn't  help  but  laugh.

"Why  are  you  laughing?"  Andy  asked   me.

"Because  you  got  jealous  at  something  that  would  never  or  could  have  never  happened.  Your  brothers  first  off,  are  like  my  older  brothers.  Second  off,  they  are  way  much  older  then  me  to  begin  with,"  I  told  Andy  as  we  pulled  off  the  freeway.

"Yeah  but  it's  ridiculous  how  some  interviewers  like  prying  at  information  that  is  just  fake  news,"  Andy  replied  quietly.

"But  that's  why.  They  want  fake  gossip  to  sell  to  magazines  like  the  National  Enquirer,  etc,"  I  told  him  turning  on  a  side  street  to  our  house.

"I  don't  know  it  just  really  made  me  made  though,"  Andy  said  with  a  yawn.

"Don't  worry  were  almost  home.  You  can  shower  and  sleep  all  day  after  you  eat,"  I  told  him  reassuringly.

"What  are  we  having  for  dinner?"  Andy  asked  curiously.

"Steak  and  potatos!  I  also  will  make  a  salad  too,"  I  told  him  smiling.

"Aw  my  favorites  darling,"  Andy  replied  back.

"Of  course  love.  Welcome  home,"  I  said  pulling  into  the  driveway.

"There's  no  place  like  home,"  Andy  said  stretching  his  arms  before  getting  out  of  the  car.

I  popped  the  trunk  so  we    could  get  his  stuff  out  and  get  settled  for  the  afternoon.

Andy  got  his  keys  out  to  unlock  the  door  and  headed  inside.  Sam  was  out  back  so  he  went  and  saw  him  before  coming  in  and  heading  straight  to  the  shower.

You  could  tell  Andy  was  beat.  He  was  tired  and  had  bags  under  his  eyes.

I  unloaded  his  bags  for  him  as  best  as  I  could  so  I  could  do  his  laundry  for  him.

When  opening  one  of  the  zippers,  I  found  a  black  velvet  box.  I  couldn't  help  myself  but  peak  inside.  It  was  a  beautiful  heart  necklace.

"So  I  see  you  found  your  gift by accident?"  Andy  said  from  behind  me.

"I  sorry  love  I  didn't  know.  I  was  just  trying  to  help  you  out,"  I  told  him.

"Well  let  me  have  that  so  I  can  put  it  on  you,"  Andy  said .

I  gave  him  the  box  and  he  took  out  the  beautiful  heart  neckalce.

"I  saw  it  in  the  window  of  this  antique  store  and  I  thought  of  you,"  Andy  said  placing  the  necklace  around  my  neck.

"It's  beautiful  love,"  I  said  putting  my  hair  back  down.

Andy  kissed  my  temple  and  he  headed  off  to  shower  while  I  went  and  made  an  early  dinner.