Chapter 33 Singing a Song

*December  1979*

(Y/N)  is  recording  a  Christmas  song .  It's  a  typical  holiday  season  full  of  bliss.  

(Y/N)'s  POV:

 I've  decided  to  continue  living  it  up  by  adventuring  out  and  recording  a  song  for  Christmas.   It's  a  bit  last  minute  I  know,  but  hey  its  the  thought  that  counts. 

I  went  to  the  A&M  Studios  to  record.  Karen  was  a  huge  support  during  all  this.   She  decideded  it  would  be  nice  if  she  did  the  drums  on  the  song.  I  was  recording  my  rendition  of  "White  Christmas."  It  was  Carpenters  inspired.  

Andy  was  proud  of  the  fact  I  was  doing  something  I  loved.   

I  was  currently  at  home,  doing  a  phone  interview  with  a  local  radio  station.

"Yes  we  are  live  with  the  (Y/N)  (L/N).  She  is  premiering  her  first  single,  White  Christmas,  tonight  on  our  show,"  DJ  Jo  said.

"Hello  California!  Yes,  I  am  stoked  to  be  finally  releasing  music  of  my  own.  I  decided  to  do  a  Christmas  single  because  its  my  favorite  holiday,"  I  told  him  in  response.

"Do  you  plan  on  releasing  more  music  in  the  new  year?  Any  chance  of  duets  with  Karen  Carpenter  or  Andy  Gibb,  your  closest  acquaintances?"  Jo  asked. 

"I  do  plan  on  releasing  more  music.  Most  likely,  it  will  be  pop  rock  or  country.  For  duets,  anything  is  possible.  Always  expect  the  unexpected,"  I  said  with  a  laugh. 

"So  you  are  a  little  bit  country,  little  bit  rock  and  roll  then?"  Jo  said  laughing  in  response.

"Yes  Jo  and  to  all  your  listeners,  I'm  a  little  bit  country,  I'm  a  little  bit  rock  and  roll,"  I  said  singing.

This  was  a  music  break  so  Jo  played  Donny  and  Marie's  Little  Bit  Country,  Little  Bit  Rock  and  Roll.

After  the  song  was  over,  we  got  back  to  the  interview.

"We  are  back  with  the  one  and  only,  (Y/N)  (L/N).  So  to  continue,  who  are  some  of  your  biggest  influences  when  it  comes  to  music?"  Jo  asked.

"Well  Jo,  I've  always  looked  up  to  Karen  Carpenter  before  we  ever  became  friends.  I  remember  when  Offering  first  came  out  how  impressed  I  was  by  her  voice.  Other  artists  include  the  ladies  from  ABBA,  Cass  Elliot,  Tammy  Wynette.  I'm  sure  there   is  plenty  more,"  I  told  him.

"Very  inspriational.  A  line  of  women  inspiring  you, new women to  music."  Jo  said  in  response.

"That  is  very  true  Jo.  A  great  way  of    putting  it.  I  hope  I  can  bring  inspiration  to  all  the  girls  that  listen  to  my  music,"  I  said  with  a  smile  in  my  voice.

"If  you  could  listen  to  only  3  songs  the  rest  of  your  life,  what  songs  would  you  choose?"  Jo  asked.

"Oh  that's  a  tough  one.  I'd  have  to  say   ABBA's  People  Need  Love,   The  Mcguire  Sisters  Sugartime,   and   Charley  Pride  I'm  Just   Me,"  I  said  with  a  giggle.

"All  three  are  great  and  historic  artists  that  impacted  the  music  business,.  We  will  be  right  back ,"  he  said  while  starting  to  play  a  single  by  Fleetwood  Mac.

The  interview  was  about  over  after  the  commercial  and  music  break. 

"To  wrap  up  our  time  with  (Y/N),  we  are  going  to  play  her  first  single  now.  Thank  you  so  much  for  taking  time  to  talk  to  us  today  (Y/N),"  Jo  said.

"Of  course  Jo.  It's  been  a  pleasure.  Keep  listening  to   K294DA!"  I  said  in  a  peppy  voice.

And  there  it  was,  my  first  of  possibly  many  interviews  for  music  related  content.

Andy   comes  from  the  kitchen  handing  me  a  plate  with  a  turkey  sandwich  and  some  Lays   chips.

"I'd  figured  you'd  be  done  darling.  I  made  you  lunch.  I  also  got  a  Diet  Coke   for  you  too  darling,"  Andy  said  kissing  my  temple.

"You  are  the  perfect  fiance  in  the  world.  I  love  you  Andy," I  said  sitting  criss-cross  on  the  couch.

"You  are  perfect.  I  love  you  more,"  Andy  said  heading  back  to  the  kitchen.  

This  new  life  keeps  evolving.  I  can  truly  say,  I've  only  just  begun.